• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glove
    Jess

I've asked this before, but it doesn't hurt to ask again since you are
    currently playing Majora's Mask...While searching for those faeries
    I came across one that I just cannot figure out how to get to. There
    is a treasure box up in a caged area with some see-saws in the room.
    How do you get to that box?

Maybe, I'll get back to playing the game if I can figure out this little
    puzzle?
    I can't think off the top of my head. I haven't gotten there in my playthrough. Hmm....you can check http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/197770-t...oras-mask/faqs or http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-majoras-mask.php to consult a walkthrough. I know it's something to do with manipulating the see-saws with the ice arrows but that's all I can think of ATM. If I get there in my playthrough, I'll let you know!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Livstevi21
    I haven't got much money at the moment, so I can't really afford a 3DS. I'd love to get one when I save up some money though!

I've always been intending to get Majora's Mask after I bought OoT for N64 all those years ago and never got round to it!
    Yeah, I know what you mean actually, they're pretty expensive ATM. If you have a Wii you can get Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console. I think it's worth at least one playthrough! It's not my most favorite game ever and I have issues with it, but it's fun nevertheless!
    Last edited by super_j_man; 07-09-2011, 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Yeah, I know what you mean actually, they're pretty expensive ATM. If you have a Wii you can get Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console. I think it's worth at least one playthrough! It's not my most favorite game ever and I have issues with it, but it's fun nevertheless!
      Ooh yes, I do have a Wii! Think I'll download MM then

Comment

Ooh yes, I do have a Wii! Think I'll download MM then
        Cool, I hope you like it!

I decided to check out this stage demo for Skyward Sword and was impressed. Say what you want to about the graphics, this game looks amazing and I'm excited! The bird riding looks a lot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiB_zmJfl00

Beware, there may be some spoilers.

Comment

I can't think off the top of my head. I haven't gotten there in my playthrough. Hmm....you can check http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/197770-t...oras-mask/faqs or http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-majoras-mask.php to consult a walkthrough. I know it's something to do with manipulating the see-saws with the ice arrows but that's all I can think of ATM. If I get there in my playthrough, I'll let you know!
          Thanks, Jess.

It never occurred to me that Zora Link could jump higher than Normal
          Link. I'm back into this game after two years. It's still not as good as
          Ocarina of Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
            It never occurred to me that Zora Link could jump higher than Normal
            Link. I'm back into this game after two years. It's still not as good as
            Ocarina of Time.
            I'm not sure if a game will ever be as good as Ocarina of Time! I'm hoping Skyward Sword will be the best Zelda yet.

Comment

There's a lot of bad stuff I heard of the Wii-U demo. First of all, it's not the sign of a game being made and those are not the graphics of the Wii-U. They are using the graphics of another console to make it look better, so don't get your hopes up for that one... I am already losing faith, unfortunately, in the future of Zelda. I've already lost interest in Skyward Sword. I think I'll still play it, but I'm pretty sure it will never match games like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

Comment

I'm getting ocarina of time in a week
                and a 3ds to go with it.... too much money

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
                  There's a lot of bad stuff I heard of the Wii-U demo. First of all, it's not the sign of a game being made and those are not the graphics of the Wii-U. They are using the graphics of another console to make it look better, so don't get your hopes up for that one... I am already losing faith, unfortunately, in the future of Zelda. I've already lost interest in Skyward Sword. I think I'll still play it, but I'm pretty sure it will never match games like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.
                  That's a shame, that you are losing faith for the future of the Zelda series.

The more I look at the previews for Skyward Sword, the more I'm liking it. I guess 'cause Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess were such fantastic games, that its probably really difficult for them to come up with something even more amazing, particularly where Ocarina is concerned. The best thing they can do is try to make each game as different and creative as possible, and some of the changes displayed in Skyward Sword at the moment seem to reflect that.
                  Last edited by Livstevi21; 07-21-2011, 02:25 AM.

Comment

That's a shame, that you are losing faith for the future of the Zelda series.

The more I look at the previews for Skyward Sword, the more I'm liking it. I guess 'cause Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess were such fantastic games, that its probably really difficult for them to come up with something even more amazing, particularly where Ocarina is concerned. The best thing they can do is try to make each game as different and creative as possible, and some of the changes displayed in Skyward Sword at the moment seem to reflect that.
                    ITA, it looks interesting and creative and Zelda is Zelda! As long as they provide a challenge (which I think they will) and keep the same Zelda feel plus more, I'm sure it will be an awesome game.

I have not heard the same as you and I wonder if this is just a false rumor. Don't knock Skyward Sword until you try it. Who knows, it may be the best Zelda game yet!

Comment

ITA, it looks interesting and creative and Zelda is Zelda! As long as they provide a challenge (which I think they will) and keep the same Zelda feel plus more, I'm sure it will be an awesome game.
                      Exactly!

Comment

I have not heard the same as you and I wonder if this is just a false rumor. Don't knock Skyward Sword until you try it. Who knows, it may be the best Zelda game yet!
                        Well maybe you can still find it. All I know it was in an article on ign.com around E3. It said that the Wii U couldn't handle such graphics for sure. I'm not saying none of the demo's it showed were done by another console, but the one of Zelda was. And about this game, I'll still try it, but I'm a huge star wars fan, and whenever a new film would come out I would be excited as hell. That's the same I felt about Zelda games. Now with this game I don't. That doesn't mean I won't try it, but I don't have my hopes up. The fact Ganonodorf is not in it is already a downside. I know really good games like Majora's Mask didn't have Ganon in it either, but then again they were more direct sequels, like how Majora's Mask was a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time. It was set in the same time, in the same universe. So is this suppose to mean that it won't be so new at all? Is this the same world of Twilight Princess? The fact they kept Ganon as a villain for so long in the same kind of story and yet every time managed to make it interesting was astonishing. But what will this one be like... We'll see.

Comment

i have all the major zelda games, by that i mean the consoles games. although not the original cartridges or discs. some time back i ordered that zelda collection that was for the gamecube. i know i've heard that the disc has glitches but so far i haven't experienced any. the collection has the original zelda, zelda 2 (yuck), ocarina of time and majora's mask. i believe the games aren't in their original formats but they're still the same game and fun to play. strangely i remember the original zelda taking me forever to play, weeks and weeks. now i can finish that game in a few hours. the bosses are super easy and if you know where everything is then all you have to do is find all the hidden money first, get all the items you really need and explore the dungeons without entering any of the unnecessary rooms.

zelda 2 i could never get into. my parents bought it for me when i was a kid but i hated it so much i sold it to friend. who he too hated it and sold it to someone else. i later did try to play it but nope can't enjoy it.

ocarina of time was awesome and made me feel like i was in another world. i explored the heck out of that game. loved it and that's why every once in a while i take it out to play. i have the zelda collection version and the other disc version that was released on its own for the gamecube. but i did have the original 64 version when it came out.

majora's mask was a favorite of mine but the characters and the look of them freaked me out. i wasn't used to the way the game played with the time traveling but i got used to it eventually. i had the 64 version, don't even know what happened to it. but now i have it on the collection disc.

"A link to the past" was awesome. it was the 3rd zelda game i played and i loved it. unlike the original zelda, this game still takes me a few days to finish. it was almost a remake of the original, better graphics, and harder bosses.

"the wind waker". i like it but i get bored quickly with all the traveling around the ocean at first. when i'm finally able to hop from one location to another that's when the game gets better for me. otherwise its a zelda game that i don't really take out a lot to play. i also wasn't fond of the look of it.

"twilight princess". awesome amazing game. but i still love ocarina more over twilight. the look of the game is amazing and there's a lot to do. but it left me wanting more when i finished the game. after i was done i felt the game was too short. but i loved it anyway.

i am looking forward to the next game but like mentioned somewhere above, the look of it does not make me happy.

Comment

The fact Ganonodorf is not in it is already a downside. I know really good games like Majora's Mask didn't have Ganon in it either, but then again they were more direct sequels, like how Majora's Mask was a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time. It was set in the same time, in the same universe. So is this suppose to mean that it won't be so new at all? Is this the same world of Twilight Princess? The fact they kept Ganon as a villain for so long in the same kind of story and yet every time managed to make it interesting was astonishing. But what will this one be like... We'll see.
                            The game is a prequel to Ocarina of Time. Since OoT was Ganondorf's first appearance in the timeline (supposedely) he shouldn't appear in Skyward Sword.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by hellnback
                            "twilight princess". awesome amazing game. but i still love ocarina more over twilight. the look of the game is amazing and there's a lot to do. but it left me wanting more when i finished the game. after i was done i felt the game was too short. but i loved it anyway.
                            Really? For me, it felt like the longest Zelda game.
                            Last edited by super_j_man; 08-30-2011, 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Prequel in what aspect, because Windwaker in theory is still a sequel to Ocarina of time like Majora's Mask. But it is far in the future where things have evolved and you play a different Link, while in Majora's Mask had the same Link as in Ocarina. So logically it can't be like Majora with the same Link, so it's more like Windwaker in that aspect. So if that is the case whether it's a prequel to Ocarina compared to most games because most have a very different world and different Link. Maybe the only connection it will have to Ocarina is that you will see the stage being set perhaps for Ocarina in this game.
                              Last edited by Davis Bloome; 09-03-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Prequel in what aspect, because Windwaker in theory is still a sequel to Ocarina of time like Majora's Mask. But it is far in the future where things have evolved and you play a different Link, while in Majora's Mask had the same Link as in Ocarina. So logically it can't be like Majora with the same Link, so it's more like Windwaker in that aspect. So if that is the case whether it's a prequel to Ocarina compared to most games because most have a very different world and different Link. Maybe the only connection it will have to Ocarina is that you will see the stage being set perhaps for Ocarina in this game.
                                [SPOILER]And it tells of the creation of the Master Sword [/SPOILER]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎