Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiro is the "real" Kensi

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Hiro: Won't that create a lot of plotholes? Won't Hiro be changing the future too much?
    If it were Hiro then we would be going down the route of self-fulfilling prophecy. He would do all the things he read about in the legends to make it match up exactly with the legends he read, thus no plotholes.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
      If it were Hiro then we would be going down the route of self-fulfilling prophecy. He would do all the things he read about in the legends to make it match up exactly with the legends he read, thus no plotholes.
      But didn't Hiro alter history already? Kensei was supposed to save the village of Otsu, and as we saw in the eppie, it was burning

Of course, Hiro/Kensei can still reclaim the village from the bandits much later...... *headache*

Comment

Well if we come in right where we left off from the last episode then he can still save it somehow, I'd think. The one thing that gives me a headache is they say Hiro can't change the past. Since he can't change the past, and the village is burning, couldn't he go back in time and save the village, since that's how it's supposed to happen? Either way I'm sure he'll be doing his best to make sure it matches up with the stories he was told.

Comment

i think the sword smiths daughter becomers kensie's princess

Comment

That is how it's supposed to go, but the question is, who will be the Kensei she falls in love with, Hiro or Kensei?

Comment

can hiro really not change the past or is it just that he really believes he can't

Comment

Not sure on that one, really. The episode that supposedly proved this to us was a good one, but this part of it irks me to no end. Basically, he went back in time to try to save Charlie from Sylar, then found out that she had a brain tumor and was going to die anyway. Why this "proved" that he can't change the past, I never really understood. I think if he really wanted to and it was important enough that he could. Just look at Future Hiro, he technically changed the past.

Comment

i think it's the same thing as the sword. the sword didn't channel his power, but he believed the sword did

Comment

Originally posted by phelan120
                    i think it's the same thing as the sword. the sword didn't channel his power, but he believed the sword did
                    Exactley. What Hiro tells the viewers about his powers are not neccesarily completely accurate.

My theory on the Kensei sitch:

Kensei did similar things to the legends originally, but they were changed as told verbally thoughout history to the forms hiro heard. (IE he originally DID save Otsu, but by shooting the bandits in the back while the fake Takezo got shot himself, was changed to Kensei valiently defended Otsu and lay waste to the rampaging bandits with great honour. Another one: Kensei is an englishman who learned the ways of feudal Japan becomes Kensei was a barbarian who became a civilized warior.)

Now though, Hiro himself will cause the tainted tellings of Takezo's Tale (how's that for some nifty aliteration?) to actually come about.

Comment

I think Hiro does all of the things that the Legends says making him the real Kensei.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎