S2's premiere - the good and the bad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2's premiere - the good and the bad

The good:

- the Claire/HRG stories almost always seem to work and this was no exception. There's something about these characters (or perhaps the actors?) that can't miss no matter what. The flying boy at the end was a nice twist, guess Nathan's got another illegitimate child running (or flying) around. (He finally found his sister...lol) Either that or the kid is a "company" spy or something.

- it's funny that Matt's divorced all of a sudden and the new "woman" in his life is Molly. Interesting pairing. Matt gets to play dad. Doesn't really make sense that Matt and wife separated though, unless it was done to protect her and their unborn child. (Remember "We're having a baby!"? I wonder if Matt was all like "We're having a divorce!" )

The out-of-character:

- when did Nathan become such a loser? Seriously his breaking down and giving up on life basically because he thinks his brother's dead is completely out of character. It's funny to see him this way but out of line with who he's been, such a reaction is more in line with Peter than it is Nathan. Nathan is supposed to be tougher/colder, not a whining wino. lol

The bad:

- the Mexican twins. I'm sorry but that was all just lame. How predictable was it that Maya had a fierce power lurking within her and that she would end up killing all those dudes who were messing with them? All just lame and poorly done.

- Hiro's story. Nothing special about it, and seemed all too familiar to things we've seen before in other shows/movies.

So overall it was a mediocre premiere but it had its moments. The skipping of events reminded me of what Smallville does in between seasons. But unlike "the Ville", Heroes will show actually us what happened "four months ago" in an episode conveniently of the same name. lol
    Last edited by Xanderman; 09-26-2007, 12:18 AM.

That's not out of character for Nathan, that's character progression. Nathan killed his brother (or consider what he did killing his brother). He blames himself, he started drinking, and has basically become a mopey drunk. But it's not out of character because there's a reason that his character has progressed this way.

Hiro's story was (and is widely considered) one of the best parts of the episode. Man you hate a lot here lately.

Comment

*Edited for fighting, I hate fighting with people. (I originally reacted a tad harshly to being unfairly labeled a "hater" by Midgard above, lol.)
      Last edited by Xanderman; 09-30-2007, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I think Parkman's divorce was pretty obviously referenced in "Five Years Gone", when HRG says "You did right by her, Matt.. You did right by him."

My interpretation was that Parkman divorced her and let HRG hide her like he hides other "special" people..

Comment

I dis-agree on Nathan. He faces the responsability of his actions, of being a hero. There's a huge burden. He has to suffer until Peter is back.....

However, I think it's kinda strange how Nathan's and Matt's family situations have changed all of a sudden.

I really like Molly.

Comment

Originally posted by QauNuckShin
            I think Parkman's divorce was pretty obviously referenced in "Five Years Gone", when HRG says "You did right by her, Matt.. You did right by him."
            I can't remember, weren't Matt's wife and unborn child killed in the explosion in that timeline? If not then you're probably right about that.

My interpretation was that Parkman divorced her and let HRG hide her like he hides other "special" people..
            Again I thought they died, which is why Matt became such an ass...lol....why did he become so evil if they were only in hiding?

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
            I dis-agree on Nathan. He faces the responsability of his actions, of being a hero. There's a huge burden. He has to suffer until Peter is back.....
            Nathan wouldn't have become a drunk loser if it was just Peter's death getting him down, that would definitely be out of character for him. He wouldn't give up on life and all just for that, afterall the man had just won an election, and also has a family of his own to think about (two kids, plus Claire on the side, lol). There's definitely more to it, and probably has something to do with the scarred image of himself he saw in the mirror. Nathan wouldn't have thrown his life away just being sad about or feeling guilty over Peter's death alone, that would be 100% out of character for him.

However, I think it's kinda strange how Nathan's and Matt's family situations have changed all of a sudden.
            Yeah we haven't received an explanation for Matt's situation yet, but I suspect it has something to do with trying to protect her and their unborn child. Nathan's breakdown is likely most connected to the scarred image he saw of himself in the mirror in the bar. Something happened to him in that explosion that we don't know about yet.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 09-30-2007, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
              Nathan wouldn't have become a drunk loser if it was just Peter's death getting him down, that would definitely be out of character for him. He wouldn't give up on life and all just for that, afterall the man had just won an election.....
              Good, point, I forgot to ask that: what happened to the election?!?

I guess Nathan is not in Congress, is he?!?

Comment

I can't remember if they mentioned it in the episode but I assume he stepped down or something...maybe because he was disfigured in the explosion or something....but if he was scarred like we saw him in the mirror how did he heal? Linderman's dead so no help there...and I doubt plastic surgery could repair the damage so completely...

Comment

It was definitely not mentioned what happened to his election.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎