Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When You're Gone Letter Series

TITLE: When You're Gone (letter series) - haha, at long last
    AUTHOR: Smallville_Angel, my dears!
    DISCLAIMERS: Don't own these characters or the show.
    WARNINGS: Once again, if you're homophobic, I'd advise you to go elsewhere. This may cross into NC-17 territory, but I'll wait to see how it all unfolds.

My dearest Lana (my angel and my precious baby),

12 hours in N.Y. and already longing for the safety and warmth of your arms - I don't know what I was thinking. My heart isn't in this job, but thousands of miles away in Smallville, under lock and key to a certain raven beauty who has, time and time again, stolen my breath (and my kisses). I know it's only a temporary down, but to have woken up this morning and not have you lying by my side, your arms wrapped so tightly around me was torture -it felt like my heart had been torn to shreads. Simply looking at my farewell photos reduces me to tears - a neverending river solely for you baby. I swear to you I'll pull myself together, but I guess the shock was far too much for my system.

I'm glancing over at my bedside table - the photo of you on my 20th is placed there. You looked so radiant - to say you were simply beautiful is a dramatic understatement. Purely intoxicated, which you did do purposely, I assume. My enchantress - continue enchanting me. The mere look in your eyes in that photo - I guess Clark was right. The look of love, so deep and neverending. First thing I heard from my room mates lips as I unpacked this morning.

"The look of love is in her eyes"....

The look of love for me, I silently whispered. I wonder if that look has always been there and I was so foolish as to overlook it. I think Lois would tell me I overlooked it - she told me how you once gushed about me only weeks into our relationship.

"I've never meet someone so committed and dedicated. She can't imagine the rest of her life without you. She swears one day she'll marry you, even if that means giving up life here in Smallville".

Well, Miss Lang, I have one thing to say to that. Are you so sure?? You do know all my annoying habits, and you are crazy to be so willing to put up with that for the rest of your life. Good luck to you baby .

Seriously, though. I can't picture spending my life without you. You know that, and I knew that, even though you never muttered those words to me. Every touch screamed it, although at first I thought it wishful thinking. Stupid Chloe - Lana Lang wants to spend ALL of her life with you. Sorry, but the emotional high is helping to level me out right now (yes, NY has sent me crazy in all of 12 hours!).

Anyway, I'll run, because my first class starts in an hour, and I'd like to write to Lois and Clark prior. May not look so good if I'm late for my frist class, although sending you my neverending love is my priority.

Take care and love you immensely (with all my heart and soul, my spirit, everything I have (yours forever)),

Chloe

P.S. I'll tell you more about NY in my next letter. Let's say the NY summers don't compare to those in Smallville, but having seen Central Park and all the coffee shops, I could grow to like it (hardly love it - it is not where my heart lies).

NB: In terms of each letter produced for this series, they will be a lot shorter than the chapters in my average fics., hence this series will most likely spand multiple parts, which I'll determine for you as soon as I'm positive, as my fics. always chop and change in my mind. Yes, it will get rather mushy and romantic, but that's the sort of girl I am, so I'm putting it to good use (LOL!).
    Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 09-21-2007, 12:43 AM.

Awesome.
    So sweet.
    Can't wait for next letter.

Comment

LETTER 2

My Chlo,

I can not even begin to explain the rush of emotions I felt whilst reading your letter. I was almost as though I was reading your acceptance letter all over again, except this time you weren't here to comfort me. I guess I didn't adjust to this as well as I pretended to, but please don't come running back. No, I'd rather feel a little broken then have you give up your dream. Besides, I've always wanted to brag that I'm the girlfriend of world famous journalist Chloe Sullivan, and if you take that away from me, you'll have a lot to answer to.

Seriously, though, I'm missing your kisses, everything about you, but Lois has been great. You'd think she'd be so tired of hearing about my undying love for you, but I personally think she's enjoying hearing that I'm so in love with you. I'll still have to kill her for spilling that to you... how dare she! Really, I'm glad see did - you'll realise how deeply my love runs, but I've no doubt you did before.

I want you to know though, I wasn't lying. Giving up my life here seems the smallest scarifice, and when I think about my future, I can't see myself ever dedicating everything I do to anyone but you. You see, you don't seem to realise that you too are my enchantress - I'll continue to be memerised by you, and your sort of magic will stay with me for all eternity.

Anyway, please stop that neverending river - you'll be back in my arms in two weeks, and whilst may seem months away right now, it'll fly in, and I promise you warmth when you arrive back.

Close you eyes and remember the farewell at the airport - the look of awe on people's faces as we kissed each other goodbye. I'll tell you now that that will stay with me forever. Perhaps some realise that we'd found true love - if we're that connected, then I guess we're blessed.

Coffee in on standby for when you arrive home, and I'll make sure that Lois and Clark are kept occupied planning for the party, so you and I can have some alone time. Just make sure you call me, night or day, if you need a serious chat. Yes, I won't be held responsible for the mood I am in, but really, I'm dying to hear your voice again.

That look of love, by the way... entirely for you, of course, but if you hadn't completely diverted my attention non stop during the day (Chlo baby, why is it you must always look so sexy? Yes, there's Lana Lang (so pure and innocent) using the word sexy). Oh, the misconception... if only peole knew the real me. Only for you, baby, only for you.

Love you always, and please, for me, don't get hooked on the NY coffee.

Take care and sending all my love and devotion,

your Lana.
      Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 09-21-2007, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Love the letters! The passion and love between Chloe and Lana is very beautifully written! I loved the line when Lana said she was using the word "sexy" LOL! PPMS!!

Comment

Thanks Heather - you're the sweetest. Thanks also to samanta - you guys makes the writing worth while. Hope the next installment will be up tonight - see how my schedule works out!

Comment

Loved Lana's letter.
            Can't wait for more.

Comment

LETTER THREE

My angel Lana,

As I drifted off to sleep last night, one night came clearly into view: our first night together. Something so very magical about it, but it wasn't so much 'that' that I recalled. It was waking the following morning to find you in tears beside me. As you told me you'd fallen so deeply you knew you were drowning, I shivered involuntarily. Why? I never imagined anyone loving me enough to say such a thing, much less did I imagine you ever feeling so strongly for me. It scares me that you'd be so willing to give up everything you have in Smallville for me, but at the same time, I realise I am blessed and that nothing is ever going to change that. I may well be your 'enchantress', but its you who is endlessly weaving that magic that makes me fall a little deeper with each day that passes. For that, no words can ever describe how thankful I am.

You say you want to one day brag that your the girlfriend of world famous journalist Chloe Sullivan? Well, I'm making a start. I've been awarded an internship at the NY Times, which will take me through until the end of semester. I'm overwhelmed - the New York Times wants me to work for them! I'm surprised you didn't hear me screaming with joy. Let's say I'm so lucky my room mate didn't have me sleeping in the hallway that night - gave her the fright of her life.

Anyway, she's great... fortunately for me, she's pretty much Lois through and through, so I know exactly how to handle her when she gets overly bossy. That's a heaven sent, because she's stressed beyond limits right now, so it's not always pleasant around here.

Central Park becomes my refugee - I'm sitting under a tree now writing this letter and listening to screaming school students racing past. Two of them are bickering - yes, Lois and Clark style. Do I ever miss those two... the constant bicerking included. And the smell of cooking in the Kent kitchen, even Lois' failed attempts at cooking.

Ten days and counting - I truly can't wait to be home. I might extend my stay as my internship doesn't start for three weeks and I don't have to be back for Monday classes. I know it's only one extra day, but wherever I can get the extra days, I'm taking them. Besides, I'll be needing some downtime as I'm bound to become snowed in when I start at the newspaper.

Oh, and no need to worry - I'm not hooked on NY coffee for the simple fact it is not made with TLC - really, all things are a rushed job here. I don't enjoy the coffee half as much, and shall be glad to get back to the best coffee on the face of this planet.

And Miss Lang, what's with you using the word 'sexy'? WOAH! Didn't even know it was in your vocabulary. I applaude you, though - I deliberately diverted your attention all day just to make you skirm. Oh yes, two can play at the game, and don't dare play innocent and pure with me... I know the real you, and that's for my knowledge only. Besides, it's kind of fun knowing that you're not the image of perfection others falsely perceive you as being.

I'll call you tonight. Thanks for the last call - at least I went off to bed with the words "I love you with all I have baby" in my mind. Actually, slept so soundly that night, and no doubt it was because of that. Most other nights I'm awake for some hours due to the juniors and their partying.

And the first rain falls... great, I'll be soaked by the time I get back to the dorm... soaked! Tight black jeans and a white turtle neck... think of that Lana... don't tell me you're not!

Love you always and missing you so much,

your (heaven on Earth) Chloe
              Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 09-23-2007, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Thats so cute, great updates girl! Hope to be getting more

Comment

LETTER FOUR

My (sexy intern) Chlo,

Not really sure where to begin on this letter, so if it ends up being an illogical mess, I'll apologise now. My thoughts are hardly clear following your last letter - all I can picture now is you soaked through (you can't deny you did that purposely - you definately enjoy making me skirm!). Really, you ought to stop doing that - it's almost as though you're trying to seduce me, and for what? I don't require seducing, as I'm completely yours.

And who says I'm playing pure and innocent - I'm so far from it. Why bother lying to you? You know it's all rubbish - I can be a complete vixen (your words, thank you!). I don't mind that - actually, it honestly feels better because it feels perfectly natural.
                  And now I'm getting risque and will be accussed of attempting to seduce you, so I'll leave you with that mental image and change the subject (and a little skirming, too).

We're all so proud of you - I guess one day I will get to brag. I'm just worried you'll divert attention!!! Seriously, I'm truly hoping this will be your launching pad - you deserve every success and I know that you'll make an incredible journalist.

Now onto you getting so sentimental on me: tell me how I could not love you. Such beauty, intelligent and personality is so rare I think that only you embody such perfection. Although I know I'm biased (and perhaps blinded by love), I'd have been fighting a losing battle to stop myself becoming attracted. Besides, you knew the truth, and although I was living behind a facade, at least you knew that it wasn't false - the love had genuinely blossomed, believe me. You've no idea how much I'd fret every time you'd simply glance my way - it was temporary insanity.

Six days... I can't contain my excitement. I'm looking forward to every last minute... although of course there'll be some minutes (some hours!) better than others. We're heading out to Crater Lake on the night of my birthday, though, so can't that out. Lois and Clark just thought it might be nice to spend the night out there - I told them that if they try to drown one another, we're not going to stop them (seriously, the bickering has sky rocketed since you left, and I'm not sure why).

Call you tonight.... need to seriously discuss something with you. Thought I'd clarify it before making any decisions (cryptic much).

Glad to hear you're not hooked on NY coffee and Lois says she is glad to hear you're handling your room mate. Clark asks that you keep her away from Smallville - he insists that one Lois Lane is more than enough and he doesn't care to go insane.

Counting down the days....

Missing you immensely and sending all my never ending love and devotion,

your enchantress,

Lana.

Comment

really good stuff. I enjoy reading more letters

Comment

Awesome.
                      PPMS

Comment

that is so freaking cute and Clark bickering with Lois, thats very funny

I can't wait till they see each other, Love the love letter..

PPMS

Comment

Thanks for the ongoing support girls. Hope to be back tonight or tomorrow - uni. work has me snowed in and tragically for you, Chlana is the last thing on my mind. I'll see what I can do...

Due to a very hectic schedule, the next post may be delayed by a few days. My apologises, but my uni. work takes priority. However, I'll tell you all: surprises are abound - I think you'll all enjoy!
                          Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 09-27-2007, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Chloe and Lana are amazingly portrayed! I love that they tell everything to each other. Lois and Clark snipets are great as well. PPMS!!

Comment

Hey, great update. Can't wait for more ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎