Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Thoughts

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh, sorry. Not woken up yet. Eesh.

Definitely a filler episode. There was nothing much going on to interst me in this one, clark saves a kid from a meteor freak, lex is still bad, lana is still slightly bad too, yawn.

Not that there wasn't the occasional good moment, such as martha actually having something to do in the story (and yelling at clark!), jimmy embarrassing chloe ("I'm your bro, not your foe. Ring that bell." A line so bad it was good!) and lex walking through 33.1, it turns out its a prison, though we still didn't get to see enough of it.

But those few things weren't enough to make this episode great. It wasn't even particuarly bad either, the only bad sucky part for me was lana ("Hey money isn't just a luxury, money is power!" Wow you're quick, lana.) and of cource the lack of lois and lionel. No, this episode was just plain bland. If I hadn't have seen it, it wouldn't have mattered.

Comment

I'll agree it wasn't "bad" per sé - bland is probably the best word for it! Boring's another

Comment

Last week Clark fought batista, this week it's bugs bunny. For the most part this felt almost like a season 1 episode (well, if you switched the character's about a lot). Agree with what's being said: not bad, not great either. Lana was really annoying though. She gets to skip a queue, so she realises you can use Lex's power to do good things!?

Comment

Not much to add to what everyone else has said. On the plus side, the Mexican illegal immigrants storyline taps into a live political issue in the U.S. (roughly equivalent to "asylum seekers" in the U.K.), and it's nice to see a story that remembers that Smallville is a farming community, not just a dormitory town for aspiring reporters and billionaire megalomaniacs. On the downside, a script that does absolutely nothing to engage the viewer. As others have said, it isn't outright bad (it certainly doesn't merit the "worst ever" thread that has appeared in the General Forum), but there is absolutely no reason to watch it either. If you wish to define a "filler" episode as one consisting of nothing but padding, this was pretty much the ultimate filler.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesk
            No, this episode was just plain bland. If I hadn't have seen it, it wouldn't have mattered.
            Spot on. "Bland" is definitely the word I would use. Better than Ageless is terms of overall quality but nothing really to recommend it. However, like Ageless, the final scene was worth watching. I'd seen clips of Lex walking past the cells of 33.1 in the E4 adverts, but it was still a great ending. Although I don't think they really needed to label the door that closed behind him!
            Sadly there's not been much to talk about these last two episodes, but I've got a feeling that might change over the next four weeks.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎