Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven On Earth (prequel to 'When You're Gone')

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven On Earth (prequel to 'When You're Gone')

TITLE: Heaven On Earth (one-shot)
    AUTHOR: Smallville_Angel
    PAIRING: Chlana
    SETTING: Follows Chloe completing her second year of university.
    DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters, although if I did, there'd be a few shake ups in the storyline.
    AUTHOR'S NOTES: As aforementioned, this is the prequel to 'When You're Gone'. I'd like to thank Ginnyfan for her request that I write a prequel detailing exactly how Lana and Chloe ended up together - here you go, Ginnyfan. Once again, if you have any issues for homosexuality, steer clear.

The Talon had closed for the night, and close friends Chloe Sullivan, Lana Lang and Lois Lane were sitting at the counter, sipping champagne in celebration of Chloe's first front page article for the Daily Planet.

"I'm so proud of you, Chlo", Lana exclaimed, cautiously watching Lois as she downed her fifth glass of champagne.

Chloe smiled, half to herself.

"A far cry for my usual hard hitting journalistic style, but whatever takes the public's fancy".

Lana playfully hit Chloe, causing her to give her friend the best evil she possibly could.

"Well, all right then. The fact that the Talon is threatened with closure is important news. Best coffee around, after all".

"Damn right", muttered Lois, placing her glass on the counter and taking a slice of chocolate cake.

"Thanks for the support, but I think it might take a little more than that to overcome the Luthors. Too bad neither of them have a sentimental bone in their bodies".

Chloe laughed.

"I'm not giving up on this, Lana. I'm not going to let the Luthors shut this place down. I think we're all attached to it in some way".

Lois watched intently as Lana gave Chloe the most grateful look; she knew that Lana was completely ready to cave in, but she also knew the woman's complete hesitance to admit she'd fallen head over heels in love with her best friend.

"Pity Cla... Clar... Clark couldn't ma... make it tonight", Lois sttutered, taking a sit on a chair as her legs began wobbling underneath her.

"Lo, no more champagne."

"Yes Mame", replied Lois sarcastically, rolling her eyes at Chloe.

"I'm guessing that you'll frame the article and put it up on the apartment wall?"

Chloe smiled.

"Hmmm, don't want to look like I'm running on an ego trip?"

"Chloe Sullivan on an ego trip?", Lana replied incrediously, laughing at the mere thought of it.

Chloe's mobile ring tone cut through the sudden silence.

"O.K. I'll be there in about 30 minutes Clark".

"Trus... Trust Cla...Clark to break up the par... party".

"Sorry, but I promised him I'd drop by at some point tonight."

"It's O.K. Chlo. Ignore Lois."

Lois shoot Lana a deathly glance.

"Yeah, ignore me Chlo baby".

Chloe smiled as she grabbed her bag and headed towards the door.

"Lock up Lana. I've got my keys with me".

The door slammed shut behind Chloe and Lana and Lois were left sitting at the counter.

Lana carefully poured herself another glass of champagne then stood up and moved behind the counter. She placed the bottle out of Lois' reach, hoping she'd be thanked the following day when Lois didn't wake up with the world's biggest hang over.

"I'm so proud of her", Lois smiled, resting her head in her hands.

"You and me both", Lana beamed.

"She li... likes you, La... Lana".

Lana felt her legs practically collapse underneath her. Either she'd misheard or she'd completely misinterpreted due to the overwhelming love she had for Chloe.

"Woah, you all right there?"

"Um, sure", Lana lied, moving back around to her seat and falling down onto it.

Lois rubbed her temple then looked up at Lana, a very serious expression crossing her face. She realised immediately she'd said something she wasn't at liberty to say, and yes, she knew she'd betrayed Chloe, but she was so sick of seeing the women dance around the underlying love as though it wasn't there.

"Chlo's in love with you Lana".

"Excuse me?", Lana questioned, raising her eyebrows at Lois and putting the comment down to the woman's drunkiness.

"She is in love with you".

Lana suddenly felt her heart cease functioning; well, not literally, but that's what it felt like. Her world became a blur.

"Lo, this isn't a game", she said, feeling somewhat offended.

"You've no idea how hard it is loving Chloe and not being able to say it to her".

"Lana, please. I'm sick of you two avoiding it like it's just going to fade away. It won't. And does it look like I'm damn well bother by it? Hell, I'm encouraging you to start a lesbian relationship with my cousin!".

Lois laughed.

"What more do you want? I mean, other than Chloe?"

"Look, I'm locking up. I'll call a cab for you".

With that, Lana dissappeared into the back for several minutes, and returned only to inform Lois that her cab would be outside in 10 minutes. She pushed some money over the counter and told Lois to pay her back later.

Lois left reluctantly, leaving Lana to clean up the mess that the women had made. She began wiping down the benches with a complete lack of enthuaism. She was angered by Lois' comments. Surely Lois was lying, but then why go so far with it? Even Lois Lane had limits.

The next two hours flew by, and before she knew, Lana heard Chloe coming up the stairs towards the apartment. She bit her bottom lip hesitantly as she swallowed hard to prevent the words flooding out of her mouth.

"Hey, what are you still doing up?"

"Couldn't get to sleep", Lana lied.

"Lois was in a bit of a state when she got home. Any ideas why?"

Lana could see a genuine look of deep concern cross Chloe's face as she sat down in the chair opposite.

"No".

"Lana, please."

Chloe pleading eyes met Lana's.

"All right. She struck a nerve".

"Over what?" asked Chloe, her curiousity evident.

"She told me something she had no right to, and it just got me off side. I'm simply being over sensitive".

"Lana, you looked completely unnerved. Seriously, what did Lo say?"

Lana swallowed hard.

"She told me you're in love with me".

"She what?", Chloe replied, completely and utterly horrified.

Lana ducked her head, desperately fighting back tears as she watched Chloe's outrage.

"You're right. She had absolutely no right to tell you".

"So it's true?", Lana muttered, her heart racing. She clamped her eyes shut as the tears began to fall.

Chloe moved from her seat to the floor infront of Lana. She knelt down, took both of Lana hands in her own and kiss her gently.

"Yes", she replied, as Lana's eyes fluttered open.

"You love me?", Lana asked, almost breathlessly.

"Hmm".

"I love you, too."

"I know", Chloe replied, pressing her finger to Lana's lips and dragging the woman upwards.

"How about you sleep in with me tonight?", Chloe asked.

Lana nodded in complete agreeance.

The following morning:

Lana rolled over to see Chloe by her side, her arms wrapped tightly around her.

"Good morning beautiful".

"Good morning yourself baby. How'd you sleep?"

"Like an angel".

Chloe smiled.

"My heaven on earth, Lana baby. My heaven on earth".

Both women ever so slowly rolled out of bed and prepared for the new day. Lana was well aware of the fact that the Talon was suppose to open its doors an hour ago, but as she walked down the stairs, she couldn't have cared less, and if the Luthors insisted on shutting the doors, she now had another reason to argue for keeping the coffee shop open.

Lois and Clark came in within minutes of the doors opening. Lois looked a little nervous, but had clearly woken up hang over free.

"Sorry about last night".

Chloe bounded down the stairs, a huge smile plastered across her face. Without so much as a second thought, she raced over to Lana and wrapped her arms around her neck. Lana grinned, and carefully leaned back, kissing Chloe on the cheek.

"Took you two long enough", Lois teased.

"I'll actually back Lois up there", Clark replied.

"Guess all I needed was the encouragement", Lana replied cryptically.

"Anytime", Lois replied, thrilled to pieces that the women had finally come out.

"Lo, don't ever let me forget I owe you. I've finally found my heaven on earth".
    Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 09-06-2007, 09:19 PM.

Great update so Lois knew and she didn't mind about it.. Does Clark know about it too?

Great update, hope you'll be writing more

Comment

Awesome.
      Write more, please.

Comment

I'll be back with the letter series as promised, and may well extend this into a two shot or more if this support continues. Thanks to you all - I feel so welcome here and am planning on sticking around for some time yet.

Comment

Oops, didn't see the prequel... damit, halfway through and i gotta go...

Comment

Another Great story! I liked that a drunken Lois helped Lana and Chloe in the right direction! Glad Clark is cool with it as well!

Comment

Thank you!

*hugs*

Comment

Anytime ginnyfan, anytime.

Comment

Cute.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰