X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When You're Gone (one shot)

TITLE: When You're Gone (one shot)
    AUTHOR: Smallville_Angel
    PAIRING: Chloe / Lana (Chlana)
    ADDITIONAL INFO.: Set following Chloe's graduation from university. The Lexana debacle never happened. Also, Chloe and Lana are room mates - sharing the apartment above the Talon. Lois lives with the Kents, much to Clark's disliking - LOL!!! P.S... you'll be thrown pretty much right into things here - hope you all don't mind that!

With trembling hands, Chloe carefully tore open the envelope, and swallowed hard. She knew this was make or break for her future, and the nerves were completely overwhelming her. Without hesitation, she passed the envelope to Lana and begged her to read it.

Initially, Lana shook her head furiously, desperately trying to hold back tears at the prospect of losing her beloved Chloe. She and Chloe Sullivan had fallen in love the previous summer, after months of complete torture. Neither woman had been game enough to confess exactly what she was feeling for the other, and it was only when a drunken Lois had slipped to Lana that Chloe returned her affection that the relationship had gotten off the ground.

"I can't do it Chlo. I'm so terrified of losing you".

Under any under circumstances, Lana would not have been so selfish, but when it came Chloe, the mere thought of being separated from her caused the young raven haired woman immense pain.

"Please Lana. For me. You know no matter what I'm not going to stop loving you".

Chloe watched as Lana's shaking hands removed the letter from the envelope. She could see the beads of sweat forming on Lana's brow as she unfolded the page.

"Well?"

Lana bit down on her bottom lip as she fought back tears.

"Dear Miss Sullivan..."

"Lana, I don't mean to be rude, but could you cut to the chase?"

Lana tensed.

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism..."

Tears began flowing down Lana's cheeks as she passed the letter back to Chloe. She couldn't believe it. She was feeling such a mix of emotions; such pride and joy for Chloe, but at the same time such fear and sadness. She'd spent all summer waiting for the news, and now that it was here, it simply killed her. Waking up every morning and not seeing Chloe by her side - she couldn't do it. She truly couldn't.

Chloe moved to Lana's end of the bed and wrapped her arms around Lana's petite body.

"Please say something", she whispered.

Lana stubbornly shook her head once more.

"Please baby".

Chloe's pleading eyes met Lana's, and the expression on Lana's face softened as she saw the extreme look of excitement filling Chloe's eyes.

"I'm so proud of you Chlo baby. I'm gonna miss you".

Chloe ran her finger down the side of Lana's face, gently wiping away her tears.

"I'm going to miss waking up and seeing your beautiful face next to me, miss your kisses, your hugs, miss moments like these. I promise that I'll call you every day, and don't think I won't be emailing".

Chloe's tone was almost that of a mother reassuring her child, but Lana did not view it as patronising. She recognised Chole's attempts to sooth her and coax her around; she knew this meant everything to Chloe, and she wasn't going to hold Chloe back, no matter how painful it was.

Chloe kissed the nape of Lana's neck, and Lana felt herself melt ever so slightly.

"I'll be home as often as possible, and I'll definately make it home for your 21st, even if it means sending myself bankrupt baby. I'm not going to miss that. And I'll be here for our anniversary. I don't leave until late summer".

Lana frowned.

"But it's New York Chlo. New York. It's not like I can drive there to see you every weekend".

Chloe ran her fingers through Lana's hair.

"I know. It's not going to be easy, but you must remember that I'm not letting you go. If any guy dares flirt with me, I'll assure him I'm taken and deeply in love with my girlfriend. Committed to her for life, and committed to her and her alone."

Lana laughed.

"I didn't for a minute think I'd have that to worry about that. I trusted you'd be taking those photos of me. Those photos of both of us".

Chloe smiled and pulled Lana closer.

"You better believe it. I'll have the most beautiful girlfriend on campus".

Lana blushed. Chloe was so loving. She'd have done anything to make Lana feel more comfortable, and right now, Lana found herself becoming less phased about the fact her girlfriend was soon to be in a completely different state.

"Think of it this way. When I return home, we'll have a lot of lost time to make up for. And doesn't this give us the excuse to sneak out of the karaoke party early?"

Lana smirked as she watched a devious glare cross Chloe's face.

"I was kinda hoping you would be singing a love ballad for your's truly".

"Oh, get real Lana", Chloe joked, playfully hitting her over the back of the head with the nearest cushion.

"God I'm going to miss this".

Chloe pressed her finger to Lana's lips and kissed her passionately.

"Me too."

Lana took Chloe's hand in the own and knotted her fingers through the blonde's.

"I guess we both owe Lois for her slip up".

Chloe laughed heartily.

"For once, a drunk Lois did something positive."

Both women laughed before falling back on the bed. The letter fluttered to the floor as both wrapped their arms around one another and fell into a deep slumber.
    Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 08-29-2007, 08:21 PM.

I've never ventured into the Chloe/Lana forum before, but I saw you wrote a story, and I have to say, great one shot! Lana and Chloe really have a passion here!

Comment

Thanks Heather - I'm considering writing another Chlana fic. which would largely be based around the letters being sent back and forth during Chloe's first semester at Columbia. Appreciate the feedback - I was trying to portray that passion and simply put forth a realistic part of human life - your kind words continue to encourage me.

Comment

It's great.
        You should write more Chlana fic.
        It's one of best Chlana fics I've read.

Comment

wow you did get in there quick. I loved the emotions from both girls. Any chance of more stories, or a conituation of this? I.e. when Chloe comes back for Lana's 21st?

Comment

WOW! I'm so incredibly flattered!!!

samanta - I owe you BIG time for those comments - one of the best Chlana fics. you've read? You definately know how to get on my good side. Thanks - that means so much to me.

lizbif - A promised contuation - as aforementioned, I was thinking of working through with the letters exchanged during Chloe's first semester at Columbia, but I'm also willing to work in Lana's 21st. Thanks for your kind words - glad to hear I picked up on the emotions.

'When You're Gone' letter series to be up soon - I'll attempt to keep a serial fic. running for the sake of my supportive follow Chlana fans.
            Last edited by Smallville_Angel; 09-02-2007, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I want to see how Chloe and Lana got together. Prequel please?

Comment

I finally got to this fic, I like it.. It's great and you make it so beautiful lol you know what you should do, write an adult fic about Chlana..

Anyways PPMS

Comment

This was so cute, I really liked it. You describe their relationship perfectly when you write it ^_^. Good Job.

Comment

You're all so sweet - your comments mean everything to me. I promise the prequel but my life is too busy right now to sit down and write out the letter series, so sorry to you all if you're hoping for a quick turn around. Please bare with me and I'll try to get it under way A.S.A.P. I'll be sticking around in this forum for now, but I'll let you know if the need arises to venture into the adult forum (I might steer clear for now - smut isn't really my thing!).

Comment

This is really sweet. I'm usually more into the getting together portion of the relationship than the established one but this one is really cute. I like the karaoke bit, kinda wished we could see them sing love ballads to each other. I like how drunk Lois was the one that got them together.

And man, now i'm wishing i was using a chlana avatar...

Comment

Awww how sweet.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎