Internet Friendships and Relationships

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calm down there girls: you can still be great friends even if you support different shippers. Take Bonita and I: She's a Clana girl, and I'm Chlark through and through (although slowly converting to Clana due to my utter hatred of Lexana). I've got her hooked on my Chlana fics., and I'm sure there's every chance she'll turn me into a devouted Clana fan... so it all works out in the end, does it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville_Angel
      (although slowly converting to Clana due to my utter hatred of Lexana)
      I was always a Clana fan, but ...ugh.. L****a is so gross, it makes me sick!

I loved Sushi even when she was a nasty non-Clana shipper, and now I love her even more!

Comment

I was reading a book about sociology yesterday and it said most people interested in online dating are usually social isolates.
        Kinda makes sense to me too.

Comment

Jesus Christ - what on earth is yor problem? You enjoy creating a stir and offending people - really, do go away... I myself am anything but a social isolate... I love being around my family and friends yet am in an internet relationship... don't think the book has it right, but hey, can't be bothered arguing with you and I have better things to do.

Comment

Yes, I love Gina just as much as when I was a clois/chlarker!

I don't see myself as a social isolate. I have tons of friends offline. I am sometimes quiet in class, but that's because I'm paying attention. I see my internet friends as a add on to my many offline friends (though I have to admit, I feel closer to some of my internet friends then I do offline friends)

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville_Angel
              Jesus Christ - what on earth is yor problem? You enjoy creating a stir and offending people - really, do go away... I myself am anything but a social isolate... I love being around my family and friends yet am in an internet relationship... don't think the book has it right, but hey, can't be bothered arguing with you and I have better things to do.
              Have I told you I love you lately?

Comment

I'm just saying what the research has shown. Facts and figures don't lie. People who aren't outgoing and who spend alot of time by themselves are much more likely to fall in love over the internet thats all.
                Keep your personal vendettas to pms please rather than spoil the thread.
                Last edited by Dejected_Angel; 10-23-2007, 03:17 PM.

Comment

You mean, "facts and figures don't LIE"?

We're not spoiling this precious thread, we're replying to what you said.

And you seem to spend a lot of time online too, so don't even try to insult the rest of us.

Comment

Why'd you lol?

Comment

Personal vandettas? Need I remind you of the PM you sent me a few weeks back? I really wish you'd have been kicked for that - you don't deserve to be here if you're going to create a stir and threaten other users.

And rock on to thmallville for having brains inside her head - and yes, facts and figures DO lie... hello, heard of the media... television and print journalism? All bull I tell... most of it is sensationalised to pull in an audience.... there you go.... a classic example of when "fact and figures" lie!!!

Love you too thmallville.... most impressed with your comeback and glad to see you have intelligence... and I may well join you in your LOL there.... haha, I'll end up with the hiccups now!!! Thanks Dejected_Angel... best laugh I've had in a long time!!!

Comment

I wasn't boasting about how many friends I had! I was simpley replying to Dejected_Angel's post, saying how people with Internet relationships social isolates, and as someone who has all her closest friends online, I just thought I ought to say that the facts and figures aren't necessarily true! There's no need to insult me about being proud of my friendships!

Comment

Originally posted by Dejected_Angel
                          I was reading a book about sociology yesterday and it said most people interested in online dating are usually social isolates.
                          Kinda makes sense to me too.
                          You obviously have never been in love strong enough to know when its just a pathetic crush and the love of your life. You have no idea how many pepole you have just offended here. Just because you read something doesn't mean that it is true. I am in no way socially isolate. You have no evidence to prove that this is right, and in no way is it. You cannot even begin to understand how hard it is to keep a long distant-internet relationship. There is no set definition on what love is, there is no right or wrong way to be in love.

I hope you learn to think a little before you speak.

Originally posted by Luffy
                          I find it funny that someone is boasting about how many friends they have... Like the total amount really matters... It's rather... vain.

and in my sisters defense, she in no place ever was " counting" her friends, she was simply contrasting the differences between her school friends and her online friends. We have a stronger friendship community here then in real life and we like to keep it that way. Just a hint- Mess with one of us, Mess with all of us. I hope your prepared for the fight if you choose the battle.

And thats all I am going to say, I am not going to comment further on this.
                          Last edited by vouge09; 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Im ending this now please!

Comment

It wasn't so much the way I read it was the wording you used. You may not have meant to, but it did indeed insult me.

Comment

Don't apologize. You just insulted my friend and my sister.

Mods, would you mind at least giving poster a warning about insulting users?
                                Last edited by Chlarkerlover; 10-24-2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎