No announcement yet.

Uk Thoughts On Arrow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Thoughts On Arrow

Now thats more like it!!!!!..i actually couldnt believe the contrast between this week and last weeks episodes....the story, the script, the effects , the editing, the stories running alongside each other, following all the different season arcs, and the mythology being played to...no soap opera theatrics, this was action!!!!

I am amazed that things can be so different from week to week...

green arrow is working really well and the effects last night were ace- i was actually thinking wow to myself!!....being able to see the tech behind his archery, understanding his story, his realisation of Clarks secret, their little pact, his challenging of CLarks view of how to deal justice, all excellent....tho lanas move to the dark side (or is it?) is a little unsubtle and very quick..(tho did anyone see her little breath before she proceeded to blackmail the scientist?..nice touch)......is this all inspired by her continuing obsession with the meteor showers and the kryptonians?...to be ready next time?..does she want control of the 'weapon'?

all in all my fave episode of the season so far!!!....come on guys what do you think?

I really enjoyed last nights epi i thought the whole clark lois and ollie thing was hilarious and the special effects were gr8 ...it was a good epi all in all ....as for lana .other than that little breath she didn't seem to bothered with the threat she dished out .........

Comment

It was another great episode, season 6 has done no wrong so far. I loved everything associated with the green arrow, he's already more of a hero than clark, and thats what a superhero show should be about. (Was it just me, or was there much less clark than usual?)

Lana is turning bad... I still don't like her, but at least she's not boring like she was in seasons 1 thru 5. And it seems like this whole black box plot is there just to give the characters something to do.

Chloe once again lied to lois, and this time hindered her investigation. With lois and clark constantly fighting each other, chloe's been in the middle and now it seems she's finally made her choice of whose side to be on- clarks. I'm starting to dislike chloe for the first time since she worked for lionel, its like she betrayed lois, someone chloe knows doesn't have any friends or close family other than herself.

Notice how loinel is being both the good guy and bad guy... sure he stole the necklace, but he could have done so years ago before his recent transformation into a good person. They've managed to make a plot where loined is the bad guy without actually making him bad again.

Comment

Great episode! Loved every minute of it! I watched Arrow with my mum (who was staying for a few days) - she had never seen Smallville before but found the whole experience very enjoyable. Now that's a mark of quality!!
        There were so many good things about this episode:
        Green Arrow! (aka The Green Arrow Bandit - good one Lois! )
        Clark and Ollie grief, then mutual respect. I like the way they argued their principles, especially in the loft scene. Some people on here talk about Clark being a "big dumb alien", but I don't see it.
        Lois' character development, both in terms of her importance to the show and the mythology.
        Lex and Lionel unite (kind of) - did not see that one coming! One of those great whoa! moments in Smallville. Except this time Lionel is in Lex's pocket (I think!)
        Naughty Lana! keeforelli you're spot on with the little breath moment. KK was great in that scene - Lana played it cool while just keeping her nerves under control. Personally I'm not having difficulty accepting the change in character. She's now had two life-threatening encounters with nasty Kryptonians so she must be feeling extremely paranoid about an alien invasion. And we all know what paranoia can do to you! The only time I think the writers jumped too quickly was in Void where they suddenly presented her as a desperate little girl lost. In S6, I think her paranoia is nicely balanced with her intoxication in Lex's world.
        The gadgets, the effects, the budget, the script - all these things were back on form this week.

I've always enjoyed the episodes involving other heroes (even Aqua!) but I think Green Arrow is a particularly important addition. I like the way they had built him into the show in Sneeze and Wither, and I'm really looking forward to the episodes to come involving him. Some might argue that Superman shouldn't need other heroes to inspire him, but I think this is a nice touch. Why shouldn't Superman be motivated by others? Clark on Smallville is reluctant to take that step into superhero status and his humility won't allow him to entertain the idea of being a saviour. That's strikes me as pretty natural - especially if you're an alien! What I really liked about this episode was how Clark discussed and set out the code of ethics that he will live by as Superman.

By the way, does GA move a bit awkwardly when he's creeping about stealthily?! And Clark kind of trudged off down the alley after telling Ollie how he could return the favour!

Comment

i am now thoroughly excited by the thought of the next episodes more than ever!!!

Comment

Just been reading some US posts about Arrow and it suddenly occurred to me that in the scene after GA has rescued Lois, Ollie points his arrow at her while she lies unconscious. Do you think he is seriously considering killing her? Obviously he doesn't, but it strikes me as a very dark moment, especially as he has feelings for her!
            Just wondered what you guys thought?

Comment

i think he was just doing it ...kinda like if your being chased by a shark and you get out of the water even if your out of danger you still check to see what the sharks up to ...and thats what i though ollie was doing just holding it at her incase she woke up and went mad at him .....he wouldn't have hurt her IMO

Comment

The most obvious plus point for me was how the regulars (and I will include Justin Hartley in this) all gave better performances than in the previous three episodes. Maybe because for one week, Smallville was a good escapist drama with a script that actually played to the strengths of the characters and the cast. If ever there was ask tptb to reduce the angst and romance in favour of smart entertaining action-adventure, then "Arrow" is it.

Comment

*peeks in* Wow, you guys rock. I wish you all were the crew that got to see the episode when it first aired. Here in America we had people complaining that the show was "Arrowville" because of this and other Green Arrow episodes.

Comment

It gets better and better till the best one of the year "justice" after that the writers went on holidays.

Only my opinion

Comment

My opinion: it gets a little bleh at some episodes prior to Hydro, and from Hydro onward it's the best run of good episodes ever on Smallville (this includes Justice).

ETA: Most of the episodes pre-Hydro are good too, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                        *peeks in* Wow, you guys rock. I wish you all were the crew that got to see the episode when it first aired. Here in America we had people complaining that the show was "Arrowville" because of this and other Green Arrow episodes.
                        Haha! I read some of that stuff and took a lot of it with a pinch of salt. These UK threads are full of rational opinion whatever the views - it's why I enjoy reading them so much. Good to have you and Ilovebeinglost along for the ride - although I already get the feeling that YOUR opinions will be divided!

Welcome to the thread newbaggy.
                        Originally posted by newbaggy
                        Maybe because for one week, Smallville was a good escapist drama with a script that actually played to the strengths of the characters and the cast. If ever there was ask tptb to reduce the angst and romance in favour of smart entertaining action-adventure, then "Arrow" is it.
                        Sorry to harp on about my mum (I'll get her to register sometime soon), but she echoed what you've said - she reckoned Smallville took her out of herself for 60 minutes (ie. she enjoyed it purely for the entertainment it offered).

Comment

One of the first things I heard about season six was that Clark wasn’t in it as much, I found this very hard to believe - Smallville is all about Clark and his destiny, for me part of this journey towards his destiny is meeting other superheroes.

So what is the problem with shining the light on another hero for a change, showing you the similarities and differences between Clark and another hero adds to the elements from the morals that Superman holds, and why there important to him.

This episode is acts as the forerunner for the Justice episode also - these are important for Smallville, since we never really see Clark outside his home area, he need to realise that there's a whole world out there, and episodes like this branch out into that idea.

I don’t feel Clark is left out (in this ep or season six in general), in fact it adds to the drama when he isn’t there to help save someone (even Superman can’t be everywhere at once) and sparks fly – once Clark is on the scene you know everything will work out fine.

Comment

Originally posted by psycosis
                            I don’t feel Clark is left out (in this ep or season six in general), in fact it adds to the drama when he isn’t there to help save someone (even Superman can’t be everywhere at once) and sparks fly – once Clark is on the scene you know everything will work out fine.
                            That reminds me of Steven Moffat's comments about writing the Doctor Who episode "Blink". Asked about the difficulties of writing an episode in which The Doctor made only brief appearances, he remarked that some of the scariest and most dramatic scenes in the series were those without The Doctor in them, precisely because it meant that the audience did not have the reassurance that he would save the day.

Comment

Originally posted by psycosis
                              Definitely! Just look at how Clark dealt with weird alien plant lady last week. It's no match and therefore there's no tension. Wondering how GA was going to deal with the Lois rescue was much more entertaining! If anything the writers had to downplay Clark's ability to save the day: he turned up at Lois' apartment not long after they had taken her and he just hung around a bit rather than taking a look outside!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎