No announcement yet.

UK Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Thoughts

Well I liked this ep even if it wasn't the best, I loved the fact that everyone's relationships are developing and growing stronger, while Clark is left out in the cold.

Best scene; Oliver Queen, in his Robin Hood costume (way to throw them of the scent) gets challenged by Lois (as Maid Marion, subtle!!! ) to hit a can using his bow and arrow, if he makes the shot he gets a kiss (or more?) from Lois - he looks at Lois pretending it's a hard shot, tense’s his bow, slightly changes his angle and misses the can, he looks disappointed and Lois shrugs and walks away, though unbeknown to her he got his real target, the ring pull pulled right from the can and spinning in the shaft of his arrow - class!

Technically I liked all the episodes (even the lame meteor freak episodes of Season 1), but I think this one is definitely the worst of Season 6. That doesn't mean it sucks, just that it wasn't the best Smallville has to offer.

Comment

I liked it, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It was an enjoyable ep. That end scene with the can as psycosis described was great. And was it just me, or was clark flirting with plant lady, before he found out she was a baddie? Its great just knowing he's interested in girls other than princess lana.

Clark, chloe and jimmy solving crimes... I can certainly see why some people want to beleive chloe is lois. Even in a ep with plenty of lois scenes, it still feels like chloe has totally taken her place, doing things lois would be doing if this was the show called 'LnC'. But that was a small issue, really its not a bad ep at all.

Comment

Once you've seen the rest of Season 6 I think it comes into focus. I defended it too when it first came out, but after the truly great S6 episodes, you can look back and see that this one, while it had some nice things to offer, wasn't the best.

Comment

Hey, good to see a seasoned US poster on this thread!
          This has been my problem with S6 so far: because of the long wait for us in the UK, I couldn't help but "overhear" stuff about each episode on other threads - not necessarily plot summaries but general opinion, reasoned or otherwise (!)
          To some extent this has clouded my judgement and I've started to watch an episode thinking "this is the one that people hated because of the Lexana" or "this is the one where everything gets tied up a bit too quickly". It's the first time I've watched Smallville with so much background information and to be honest it's spoiled my enjoyment a little (that will be why they are called spoilers then. ) It's why I am doing my best to avoid anything related to S7!
          The long and short of it is that Wither is one of those episodes I had down as weak before it had even started. Now I can't really tell if it is, or if I've just been swayed by other people. On the one hand it was definitely not as bad as some had suggested, but on the other there were some things that certainly let it down.
          As psycosis says, the relationships are coming together nicely for everyone accept Clark. I really liked the last part of the episode, especially the Ollie and Lois scene. Shooting the ring-pull was such a cool thing to do! However I started rolling about when my wife asked if he missed on purpose!! I thought it was a nice touch having Clark doing his Steve McQueen impression again. The last time we saw him do this was at the end of Pariah after Alicia's death, when he had Martha and Jonathan around to console him; this time he had no-one. It was nicely understated.
          I also loved the scene between Clark and Lex in the greenhouse. There was real animosity and it seems a long time ago that they were friends. In fact it made me feel quite sad that we'll never see a positive scene between the two again (I assume!) That's where the show has been a success - I know many people who scoffed at the idea of Lex Luthor and Superman starting out as friends, but the writers and producers etc. have made us feel all nostalgic about it!
          So bearing in mind this focus, I think the episode was cheapened by the Zoner storyline. I like the idea of escaped criminals from the Phantom Zone, but really this was just a glorified meteor freak wasn't it? It doesn't bother me too much because I've always liked the FOTW episodes, it just seems like they could have spent more time on Lex's Charity Ball - which would have been a great place for the characters to interact.
          But like MidgardDragon says, if this is the worst S6 has to offer then there's a lot of very good episodes to look forward to!
          By the way, anyone else think that a girl like Chloe in the real world would eat Jimmy for breakfast?!

Comment

Well, have to say this season is living up to my expectations after I caught the final episode of it the other month. So so depressed at where this once-great show is headed, it just seems to be struggling for air to me.

Better acting from Hartley this week though, and finally they're able to make Erica Durance look sexy without showing off her internal organs.

Enough with Lexana though. I'm not a shipper of any couple, but this just doesn't work for me.

Comment

hey people!!

agree with every one about the relationship focus..but can anyone else see that they are obviously saving money on special effects?...no super speed running shown this week..not even the bit where ya see clark shoot out of the frame!!!...and that ivy style alien looked totally CGI!!!..this was always an area of smallville that went beyond expectation for a TV show....think back to the first episode all those years ago and the probable cost of that!!!...its a shame if the production values are cut for the filler episodes......its whats always saved the weaker eps for me..but i was really struck by it in this one...it reminded me of the type in doctor who and torchwood..programmes which i always thought had tacky effects!!!!..so heres hoping....but if it becomes more relationship focussed...thats gonna save money anyway!!!..and lexdance ya point about having read the forum and picked up the mood...it can make you you feel cynical when you approach this series....and phantom zoners?....its gonne be freak of the week again!!!!..but other than that?..loved it!!!!

Comment

*SPECIAL EFFECTS SPOILERS*

It will seem like they are saving money on special effects until Justice, and it's all awesome sauce from there.

*END SPECIAL EFFECTS SPOILERS*

Comment

Originally posted by keeforelli
                  agree with every one about the relationship focus..but can anyone else see that they are obviously saving money on special effects?...no super speed running shown this week..not even the bit where ya see clark shoot out of the frame!!!...and that ivy style alien looked totally CGI!!!..this was always an area of smallville that went beyond expectation for a TV show....think back to the first episode all those years ago and the probable cost of that!!!...its a shame if the production values are cut for the filler episodes......its whats always saved the weaker eps for me..but i was really struck by it in this one...
                  Hey keeforelli - I thought the effects were a bit below standard too. Usually watching Smallville is like watching a film - it's very well shot with a lot of attention paid to the visuals, special effects and all. But you're right, Wither was a bit Dr Who (ie. not bad, but definitely not film quality! ). I'm glad MidgardDragon has reassured us otherwise it might have been a worring sign of decreasing budget, and you know what that means.

Comment

thats good to know!!!..and i now have a new buzz phrase...AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!! tHANKS MIDGARD DRAGON!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎