Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I just have to say each to their own

Comment

• Originally posted by The Fallen Sky
      I mean, they spent years building and crafting the Chlark relationship, and they just kinda slapped Clois together at the last second, and it shows.
      They spent years building and crafting the Clark & Lois relationship too. 5 years. It wasn't slapped at the last second.

Clark went from barely tolerating Lois to head-over-heels, I'd-die-without-you
      He barely tolerated Lois? oh wow

I can understand not liking them but the " they flipped a switch" argument is just unbelievable, when I hear that I wonder if the people who claim this truly watched every single episode of smallville, including the ones where Clark & Lois showed that they cared deeply for each other, and had an attraction & sexual tension right from the start and before S9, something that CLark didn't show strongly for Chloe. Or if those scenes and episodes were just skipped or diminished 'cause they didn't focuss on their favorite couple.
      Last edited by Rianna; 05-13-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rianna
        They spent years building and crafting the Clark & Lois relationship too. 5 years. It wasn't slapped at the last second.
        I have to disagree. Until the last two seasons, Clark and Lois didn't spend much time together at all, and when they did, there wasn't any profound bonding going on. And I'm mostly talking about the Clois romance when I say it was slapped together at the last second. Yes, they had some nice friendship moments, but nothing happened between them that would make me believe that they were destined for some epic romance.

He barely tolerated Lois? oh wow

I can understand not liking them but the " they flipped a switch" argument is just unbelievable, when I hear that I wonder if the people who claim this truly watched every single episode of smallville, including the ones where Clark & Lois showed that they cared deeply for each other, and had an attraction & sexual tension right from the start and before S9, something that CLark didn't show strongly for Chloe. Or if those scenes and episodes were just skipped or diminished 'cause they didn't focuss on their favorite couple.
        I'm not denying that Clois had an attraction early on or that they cared deeply for each other later, after their relationship was established, but the transition from one to the other was poorly done. In fact, I don't believe there was a transition. It was like they jumped from friends, and not even close friends, to soulmates. Call me crazy, but that just isn't believable. My biggest complaint with SV's Clois was how it was executed, how they got from point A to point B. I could've been perfectly fine with Clois had it been done in a believable way, but since it wasn't, IMO, I just can't get behind it.

At the end of the day, you'll never see Clois the way I do, just as I will never see it as you do. I just hope that you understand that I'm okay with Clois if it's done well, and I don't believe it was on SV.

Comment

I have to disagree. Until the last two seasons, Clark and Lois didn't spend much time together at all, and when they did, there wasn't any profound bonding going on. And I'm mostly talking about the Clois romance when I say it was slapped together at the last second. Yes, they had some nice friendship moments, but nothing happened between them that would make me believe that they were destined for some epic romance.

I'm not denying that Clois had an attraction early on or that they cared deeply for each other later, after their relationship was established, but the transition from one to the other was poorly done. In fact, I don't believe there was a transition. It was like they jumped from friends, and not even close friends, to soulmates. Call me crazy, but that just isn't believable. My biggest complaint with SV's Clois was how it was executed, how they got from point A to point B. I could've been perfectly fine with Clois had it been done in a believable way, but since it wasn't, IMO, I just can't get behind it.

At the end of the day, you'll never see Clois the way I do, just as I will never see it as you do. I just hope that you understand that I'm okay with Clois if it's done well, and I don't believe it was on SV.
          right on all points I couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

• Originally posted by dru-zod2501
            right on all points I couldn't have said it better myself
            It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my view/opinion of Clois, at least SV's version. Thanks for the support!

Comment

I'm sorry but if you said he went from barely tolerating Lois to love as your view on 'Point A', so, I can't understand or discuss this anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rianna
                I'm sorry but if you said he went from barely tolerating Lois to love as your view on 'Point A', so, I can't understand or discuss this anymore.
                It's fine if you don't want to discuss this anymore. In fact, I doubt a discussion would lead to anything productive as it seems we're both entrenched in our positions/views of Clois. But, I'd like to clarify something. Initially, I did say that Clark went from barely tolerating Lois to love. However, I refined my argument when you stated that the Clois relationship had been built and crafted for 5 years. Yes, Clark started out barely tolerating Lois, but they did develop a friendship, one that, I feel, was somewhat superficial. Now, they went from this friendship, which I classify as point A and jumped right into soulmate status, which I classify as point B. To me, that's not a believable leap, and I would've liked to have seen the journey from point A to point B. I'm not bashing Clois as a whole. I'm simply saying that I didn't believe how SV portrayed it, that much was left to be desired in its execution.

Comment

• Chlark fell apart with Prey. It was the beginning of the end. I still hate the writers for letting Chlark fall apart with the Chlavis arc. And I hated them for making Chloe so stupid. Chloe knew Davis was a suspect in the murder cases, she looked at the DNA evidence herself. And yet in Turbulence she didn't even consider it anymore.

That led to her running away with Davis and to Jimmy's death. And then she blamed the whole thing on Clark for almost the entire period of season 9. And while Clark apologized over and over again during that season I can't remember hearing a single earnest apology until Hostage. She kept him out of the loop of so many things (starting in Roulette) and got herself kidnapped but Clark has to apologize for it (Checkmate).

I understand that she's hurting because he left her after Doomsday but she didn't treat him fairly either and their friendship never got back to the old status.

With Lois on the other hand they were always bickering but most of the time it was very light-heartedly. Say what you will but if you watch the Clois episodes of season 4 and ignore the Lason scenes you can have a lot of fun. Committed without the fake engagement and the elevator talk at the end? Who'd wanna watch this episode? When I watch Stiletto I ignore all the Chlavis slaughter scenes and anjoy Lois dressing up as Catwoman.

Chlark is only enjoyable when she's not jealous of Clana and in S8 and S9 only in selected episodes. The Chlark episodes I like the most are also in season 4 because she knew his secret but he could still think for himself. I really hate it when Clark only jumps into action after Chloe tells him to (Aqua, Progeny).
                  Last edited by DJ Doena; 05-14-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

It's fine if you don't want to discuss this anymore. In fact, I doubt a discussion would lead to anything productive as it seems we're both entrenched in our positions/views of Clois. But, I'd like to clarify something. Initially, I did say that Clark went from barely tolerating Lois to love. However, I refined my argument when you stated that the Clois relationship had been built and crafted for 5 years. Yes, Clark started out barely tolerating Lois, but they did develop a friendship, one that, I feel, was somewhat superficial. Now, they went from this friendship, which I classify as point A and jumped right into soulmate status, which I classify as point B. To me, that's not a believable leap, and I would've liked to have seen the journey from point A to point B. I'm not bashing Clois as a whole. I'm simply saying that I didn't believe how SV portrayed it, that much was left to be desired in its execution.
                    I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that you watched Smallville that carefully. And by carefully I mean that you surely didn't watch A LOT of the episodes. Your arguments about a magic switch that moved Clois from A to B can be dismissed easily but no one is even bothering to do it. I'm guessing that's because it's more then evident that your opinion on the matter is probably set in stone and that there isn't much that can be done to change it. I'll just leave this video in hope that you at least watch the first half of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                      Chlark fell apart with Prey. It was the beginning of the end. I still hate the writers for letting Chlark fall apart with the Chlavis arc. And I hated them for making Chloe so stupid. Chloe knew Davis was a suspect in the murder cases, she looked at the DNA evidence herself. And yet in Turbulence she didn't even consider it anymore.

That led to her running away with Davis and to Jimmy's death. And then she blamed the whole thing on Clark for almost the entire period of season 9. And while Clark apologized over and over again during that season I can't remember hearing a single earnest apology until Hostage. She kept him out of the loop of so many things (starting in Roulette) and got herself kidnapped but Clark has to apologize for it (Checkmate).

I understand that she's hurting because he left her after Doomsday but she didn't treat him fairly either and their friendship never got back to the old status.

With Lois on the other hand they were always bickering but most of the time it was very light-heartedly. Say what you will but if you watch the Clois episodes of season 4 and ignore the Lason scenes you can have a lot of fun. Committed without the fake engagement and the elevator talk at the end? Who'd wanna watch this episode? When I watch Stiletto I ignore all the Chlavis slaughter scenes and anjoy Lois dressing up as Catwoman.

Chlark is only enjoyable when she's not jealous of Clana and in S8 and S9 only in selected episodes. The Chlark episodes I like the most are also in season 4 because she knew his secret but he could still think for himself. I really hate it when Clark only jumps into action after Chloe tells him to (Aqua, Progeny).
                      so much word, especially the bolded.

Comment

• While I agree that there were SOME issues with how Clois was handled, a lightswitch it was not. From S4 on there were NUMEROUS references to Clark and Lois spending time offscreen(guitar hero weekends, movie nights, etc). They seem to know almost everything about each other and can help/comfort/annoy each other because of how close they are. Their closeness came from honesty, trust, and genuine friendship. Like Chlark in the early years. The differences between Chlark and Clois lies not in how similar the girls are, but how different the girls respond to CLARK's reaction to them. In the early seasons he CHOSE to overlook Chloe as more than a friend. In the mid seasons he CHOSE to do the same with Lois. Chloe let his response influence her relationship with him. Lois never seems to have given it a second thought. Both found Clark attractive but Lois didn't seem impressed with his rather immature personality. Both Lois and Clark had to grow a great deal BEFORE their romantic relationship could kick in. Only after Clark starting manning up in early S8 did Lois seem interested in more. Much of this in response to seeing him as a grown up rather than the kid from the farm and high school. Lois showed to interest in younger guys or immature for that matter. Both exclude Clark until later seasons. Clark's response to Lois is motivated by personal growth, which is painful. After Lana left was a time of adjustment and growth for Clark. Seeing someone you have known for a while in a new situation or light can have a HUGE impact on a relationship, romantic or not. I wouldn't call Clois a lightswitch so much as a dimmer knob, slow but constant movement.

Comment

• I always have a nice laugh when someone says Clois is a lightswitch - just an easy way to deny things. I wonder if the show went with the comics route of love at first sight, if that'd be a lightswitch. LMAO.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

I also have a nice laugh over people who whine IMO when someone calls them out on things. I was in the Chlois thread and supposedly if I call someone out or voice my opinions that means it questions the validity/plausibility of Clois? Yeah no, nice try there. Doesn't mean squat.

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Athena
                          Chlark, but they way he's treated her this season I'm not so sure he deserves her.
                          This notion that Chloe deserves Clark, is really off-putting IMO. To me it's like Clark's golden peen is some holy grail of greatness that Chloe deserves more than anyone else. I dunno I find it weird when someone says Chloe (or anyone else) deserves Clark, seriously what the frack does that even mean.

Clark's not some trophy people. LOL.
                          Last edited by Shootza; 06-28-2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by Shootza
                            This notion that Chloe deserves Clark, is really off-putting IMO. To me it's like Clark's golden peen is some holy grail of greatness that Chloe deserves more than anyone else. I dunno I find it weird when someone says Chloe (or anyone else) deserves Clark, seriously what the frack does that even mean.

Clark's not some trophy people. LOL.
                            What bothers me about is not so much the idea of Clark being a trophy (though I do have some problems with this as well), but the idea that love is a simple equation of "if someone deserves to be loved by a guy, that guy necessarily will fall in love with her". It is not how it works. Love simply isn't about deserving or not. It would be simpler and easier if it was, but it's not. Love is crazy, out of control and complicated just as we are complicated. It is not logical, and it has never been, and everyone who has ever been in love knows that by experience.

Comment

• Chloe is the kind of girl who had originally a personality very active and masculine , if she dated clark, she might have become softer and would not have turned out that much into technology nerdy geek, but sooner or later she would have been fustrated not to get what she needs, clark is noty very talented about relationship, i see that happening quite often in real life : women shows strong personality, then suddenly become soft when they have boyfriends or husbands. But that relation wouldnt have been as beneficial to Clark as it was when he loved Lana, he needs sensibility and lot of sweetness from his mate , chloe would have just been a co-worker type of mate, that's why she fits perfectly with oliver queen, he's a human hero, he worked a lot into becoming green arrow, that's why he would always need the co-worker type like chloe, to keep him enhanced in his hero mission.

Also i think Chloe is not good enough for clark, my values might not be shared a lot but it's my personal view: chloe might have become a better person if she had a relationship with clark, but because she didnt she went a bit very miserable and she's kinda stalker material , and i think clark deserve a person who can be good by herself without needing anyone to make her become good, even if lana wasnt that worthy she was where his feelings went
                              Last edited by tugleyia; 03-06-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconic Couples Fan
                                While I agree that there were SOME issues with how Clois was handled, a lightswitch it was not. From S4 on there were NUMEROUS references to Clark and Lois spending time offscreen(guitar hero weekends, movie nights, etc). They seem to know almost everything about each other and can help/comfort/annoy each other because of how close they are. Their closeness came from honesty, trust, and genuine friendship. Like Chlark in the early years. The differences between Chlark and Clois lies not in how similar the girls are, but how different the girls respond to CLARK's reaction to them. In the early seasons he CHOSE to overlook Chloe as more than a friend. In the mid seasons he CHOSE to do the same with Lois. Chloe let his response influence her relationship with him. Lois never seems to have given it a second thought. Both found Clark attractive but Lois didn't seem impressed with his rather immature personality. Both Lois and Clark had to grow a great deal BEFORE their romantic relationship could kick in. Only after Clark starting manning up in early S8 did Lois seem interested in more. Much of this in response to seeing him as a grown up rather than the kid from the farm and high school. Lois showed to interest in younger guys or immature for that matter. Both exclude Clark until later seasons. Clark's response to Lois is motivated by personal growth, which is painful. After Lana left was a time of adjustment and growth for Clark. Seeing someone you have known for a while in a new situation or light can have a HUGE impact on a relationship, romantic or not. I wouldn't call Clois a lightswitch so much as a dimmer knob, slow but constant movement.
                                I would have to agree with this. at first I did find it off-putting that Lois and Clark went from what seemed like a close sibling relationship (they bicker like bro and sis to me), to soulmate status. But at the same time there was aspects of the CLOIS relationship that did make sense.

on Chlark... when I hear that Chloe deserves Clark, I don't think they mean that Clark is a trophy, etc. Although I do understand how people would view it that way.

I think they just meant that Chloe was never truly given a chance to be a "real couple" with Clark. Most of the chlark scenes with him was mainly just as friends, with her side having unrequited love for him. The only time they were a couple, was during the spring formal dance as dates. And then tornadoes showed up and ruined everything. (episodes name: tempest and Vortex).
                                I think they meant that Chloe at least deserved to have months of dating so that she would really know what it meant to be clark's girlfriend. Even Alicia Baker got more out of Clark in an relationship than Chloe did.

And this is something I can agree with. I don't think Chloe was given enough time to get closure on her feelings for Clark, and be allowed to move on from it. I think it would had been wonderful if they actually allowed it to continue, and then showed us why Chlark wasn't meant to be even if it had wonderful possibilites going for it. AND have the characters actually realize this too.
                                For instance, it could be shown that Chloe is just as immature as Clark was if not more than him, etc.
                                I've always had this head-canon that when Chloe first got into the supernatural/meteor mutant stuff, it was a hobby that distracted her from her real problems. like her abandonment issues which was caused by her mother leaving at a young age, etc. And the more she got older, she seemed to realize that she was just trading one set of problems for another set of problems.
                                It's interesting how in later seasons she seemed to lose interest in the journalism business entirely, and focus more on being watchtower and working on ISIS foundation.

could it be because the Journalism and the meteor mutant thing was just really a escape for Chloe, and she finally realized this in the later seasons? Likewise with Clark.. It could had been an combination of just wanting to have sex with Clark (he is very good looking after all), and wanting him to help her escape from her problems.

I think it would had been so wonderful if the show had been allowed to fully explore all of this... be allowed to give Chlark a full chance to explore itself and show us why Clois was the endgame and not Chlark.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎