Hangout for bisexual and homosexual peeps

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since it hasn't been posted in since April, maybe you all should just stick here.

Comment

mod note: I merged both threads keeping the fresher posts in the end for easier reading.

Comment

Excuse me people - no offence intended to anyone, but I don't appreciate my thread being hijacked. Whilst I intended to create an atmosphere in which ALL homosexual and bisexual members were welcome to discuss any issues concerning sexuality, I did not do so with the intention of having my thread taking over by an older thread. I do not appreciate this being done - whilst I do not ask for credit, I will appreciate it if someone had run this by me first. Not only that, but I'm not sure if the members I have come across will be willing to merge.
        Note to anyone slandering any members using these threads: defamation and discrimination on the basis of sexuality is ILLEGAL. I have been notified that one member who made a single post here was subject to highly innapropriate slander. She has not only removed herself from this thread, but from the K-SITE altogther. This absolutely disgusts me - should I track down the culprits, I will personally see that they are removed from this site as ALL members deserve equal opportunity and right to express themselves and share their stories, even when the stories relate to something certain people are uncomfortable with.
        Simply grow up and learn that this is a fact of life or please leave.

Comment

It was merged as there was an older thread for the same topic, and as such yours was a duplicate. The fact it hadn't been posted in since April is irrelevant, there's plenty of precedent on here for this sort of thing and shouldn't be taken personally.

You've got to realise though, you started this thread because your community was, to quote you, "deprived" of somewhere to discuss issues etc. The point is, they weren't - and a quick search for "Homosexual" would have shown that.

Rule 5 of the Kryptonsite rules states:

5) Threads about politics are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED. Threads regarding religion, sexual orientation, gender issues, ethnic/racial issues are allowed on a limited basis. Please get the approval from at least one of the moderators before opening such a thread, and post the moderator’s approval in the thread.
          (Emboldening done by me to show the relevant areas whilst maintaining the context)

If you look at Welsh Dragon's post, he had sought this permission - I see no reference in your post and as such were breaking a rule.

Rule 20 states:

Your thread will be deleted if it meets any of the following criteria:

- It is a duplicate of a thread we already have. Please look through at least the last 3 pages of threads to see if your topic is already being discussed.
          (Abridged to show the relevant point)

The old thread was on page 3. Strictly speaking your thread should have been deleted, but at least the mods showed common sense and just merged them - it's not something to whinge about.

By the way, I spoke to "Welsh Dragon" on Yahoo last night and he was glad that someone else was trying to do the same thing, and sends his best to you and hopes you don't get the reaction he did a year ago.

This should be my last post on here as per Rule 12 "A gentle one-time reminder of the rules". I'm only saying it as I reported the original post as a duplicate so feel I should reply to your concerns (it's at the very least partly my fault, if not all my fault if no-one else reported it!), up to the mods from here on in unless you want to PM me.

Regards,

Dan
          Last edited by TMLS; 08-09-2007, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Yes, let's move on. There's no reason everyone can't continue to use this thread.

Crimson_Rose: I hope you or the member who was slandered reported the slanderer to a moderator. There's no other way to keep ignorant nitwits off of these boards other than reporting them and letting the mods do their jobs.

Comment

Yeah, don't EVER let anyone show you disrespect.
              I walk these halls of Kryptonsite, & when I see some fool hatin' on someone else, you better believe I've hit that "report post" button more than a few times.

Comment

The damn well boot me Dan - I'm sick of the atmosphere here anyway because anytime I try to be myself, one of you is making me feel like crap for it. Sure, I've got self-eestem issues but you ought to be more sensitive to that. Believe me, it wouldn't be much punishment to be banned from here - at least elsewhere I'm appreciate for my acitivism in various areas, and if you can't take the way I handle things, go have a cry about it.

Comment

hey,don't,go,I'm,a,straight,open,minded
                  guy,please,don't,go,it,was,very
                  brave,of,you,to,start,this,thread.

Comment

Crimson_Rose, since you do say you have self-esteem issues, I want to put this as gently as possible, so let me start by saying that I in no way have anything against you, and think you've done a great thing by starting this thread.

However, on this site, when two threads that are similar are posted, even months apart, the mods merge them. That's just one of the rules, and it's nothing against you. No one here is trying to be mean to you or make you feel like crap.

I hope you stay, and hope you realize that no one's trying to be mean or rude. Let's move away from the topic of the thread merger and on to a new topic.

For those of you that are bi or gay, at what point in your life did you discover that you were? Have you come out to your friends and family yet? Have you been accepted for the most part, or experienced mostly intolerance?

Comment

OK, I'm not gay or anything, I was just reading this thread and I felt the need to post because Crimson_Rose, you're getting really upset over nothing.

When there's 2 threads about the exact same topic, the mods smush them together. End of story. No one was attempting to ruin your thread, and no one was "discriminating" against you. It's just a rule! So don't get upset over it!

And Dan did nothing but helpfully write out the rule that has you so upset, and you had no reason to be rude to him. He shouldn't have been more sensitive to you, because one, he didn't know you're so self-concious, and two, he was just explaining a rule to you!

I'm not attacking you, and I'm not discriminating against you, I am just informing you that no one is attempting to ruin your thread and you don't have to be rude to people who try to explain that no one is ruining your thread. The end.

Comment

From someone living in the "bible belt" of America and I have seen, faced, dealt with, and ignored my fare share of discrimination.
                        I have been open in my posts in other threads, as well as this one. I don't know about what others have been through on this site, but I'm yet to see a bad comment about gays.
                        Thank you all.

Comment

I wouldn't allow people to be prejudiced in any way over threads for race, sexual orientation, or any of that. Really, what's happened here - and I don't mean for anyone to be offended - is just as simple as others have posted: There already was a thread on this topic. It's not trying to muzzle anyone or anything.

If anything, your post was good because it got people talking again.

Comment

OK, I can do this. To explain what I am is a hard thing to consider, because most people I explain it to end up being completely confounded that I live in the way that I choose.

I am...30 years old, male, and have had both boyfriends and girlfriends in the past, but always felt that either way just felt...wrong. So to that end, I decided that whereas I have friendships and close bonds, I have no relationships that are romantic or sexual in nature, because I feel that it gets in the way of a good friendship anyway. There's more to it than that, primarily health concerns, but the main reason I choose to live alone is simply the reason I have stated above.

I should stress, by the way, that I am impossible to live with; I have my diva artist tendencies, I am anally retentive when it comes to my things being out of their designated place, and on top of all of this, I live in a constant state of insomnia, so the way I look at it, not having any sexual drive or prefernence is doing the world a favour
                            This is, of course, prompted.
                            Last edited by constantine; 08-14-2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by constantine
                              OK, I can do this. To explain what I am is a hard thing to consider, becamse most people I explain it to end up being completely confounded that I live in the way that I choose.

I am...30 years old, male, and have had both boyfriends and girlfriends in the past, but always felt that either way just felt...wrong. So to that end, I decided that whereas I have friendships and close bonds, I have no relationships that are romantic or sexual in nature, because I feel that it gets in the way of a good friendship anyway. There's more to it than that, primarily health concerns, but the main reason I choose to live alone is simply the reason I have stated above.

I should stress, by the way, that I am impossible to live with; I have my diva artist tendencies, I am anally retentive when it comes to my things being out of their designated place, and on top of all of this, I live in a constant state of insomnia, so the way I look at it, not having any sexual drive or prefernence is doing the world a favour
                              This is, of course, prompted.
                              I believe the proper term for one who chooses to not have sexual relationships with either sex is "asexual". There's absolutely nothing wrong with feeling that way (although I could never do it!) just as there's absolutely nothing wrong with being gay or straight.

Be who you are, and welcome to the thread.

Comment

Indeed, thank you. I refrained from using the wyord asexual, because some pegple are oddly uncomfortable with the state. And it's fairly easy to commit to a life of celibacy, and I think makes me exponentially more ceative.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎