No announcement yet.

UK Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Thoughts

So what did we think? Bit disappointed myself. Justin Hartley couldn't act his way out of a paper bag on that evidence...

Loved it! Much better than last week. Everyone except martha had lots to do, I especially loved lionel threatening the new guy. Lionel hasn't done anything nasty in a while, its nice to see him being dangerous.

Loads of lois, though I dunno if I like chloe being so comfortable with constantly lying to her cousin. I wasn't happy either with lois doing reporting on something weird, its like she's doing everything chloe does, only she's a few steps behind chloe. I thought lois would become a journalist to expose bad guys, not to investigate some weird stuff. But then again, how can she not investigate, when clark doesn't even bother with an explanation. His barn door flyes through the air and nearly lands on her, and when she asked him about it, he barely shrugs. He doesn't even try to explain. BDA!

As for superbreath, that was awesome. I'm glad they finally got round to giving him this superpower. And it's great how clark and lana seem to hate each other. Now that clana is over and she's more than just a love interest for him, I'm starting to enjoy her character more.

All in all a great episode, I look forward to next weeks.

Comment

Not the best ep ever, but really enjoyable watching all the characters playing off one another - Lois is my fave by far, her scenes with Clark are the best, loads of chemistry between them.

And that Green Arrow glimpse at the end was just a taster - he gets better, trust me!

Question; when Clark uses his Super Breath he creates a mini vortex by sucking all the air in that room then blowing it out - now I know Smallville isn't exactly realistic but wouldn’t that mean there was no oxygen left in the room?

Comment

This week, Clark Kent gets a cold. Next week: Diarrhoea.

I really enjoyed Sneeze actually. It was good that they were willing to tie two storylines (Clark's sneezing and Lex's possesion) into last weeks events and not just pull the old Smallville 'forget it ever happened' trick. The Superbreath effect is great. I really wonder if they've blown the effects budget on the past two episodes. Agree with Pesk that it's nice to see a darker side to Lionel again. I also liked Chloe kind of taking Pa Kent's place as the one to help Clark figure out his new ability. (And Allison Mack somehow seems to have continued the trend of looking even hotter every season).

All in all, an enjoyable watch based around a power I never figured they could get a whole episode out of.

Comment

Originally posted by psycosis
          Question; when Clark uses his Super Breath he creates a mini vortex by sucking all the air in that room then blowing it out - now I know Smallville isn't exactly realistic but wouldn’t that mean there was no oxygen left in the room?
          Yeah for like a second, until he blows it all back into the room.

Comment

I agree that it isn't the best ep but I actually really liked it, the hummor in it and the fact it shows another one of his ever growing powers and how Chloe helped him, so yeah I thought it was good but there has been better eps

Comment

i like it but i can't wait for wither

Comment

Evening all!
                First off, to save time, let me say that I agree with pretty much everything in Triplet's official Kryptonsite review. As I was reading it I found my head nodding right the way through!
                I enjoyed this episode a lot because it made me laugh. The writers generally throw in some smart one-liners (normally from Chloe or Lex) but Sneeze made me laugh out loud on a number of occasions. It was good to see a bit of fun return to the show! I'm all for the darker aspects of Smallville - especially Lex's descent - but there was something a bit nostalgic about this episode that reminded me of S1 and S2, and for me that's no bad thing once in awhile!
                ED as Lois was on top form and I like the way they're building the momentum between her and Clark - I'm looking forward to Crimson already! It's a shame though that they've had to shoe-horn her career as a journalist, but I think that's mainly down to bad preparation in earlier seasons. Front page of The Inquisitor?! I know the episode had comedic overtones but still....... Like you say Pesk, why not get her involved with investigating criminals? I think they missed a trick back at the start of S4 when they could have had her investigating Lionel and his connections.
                I liked the effects used for Clark's superbreath especially as it was reminiscent of the flight sequences. As for your question psycosis, not only would there be no oxygen left in the room, but Chloe would more than likely be sucked in too!! Anyway, it was good to see Chloe taking on the Jonathan/Martha role and having a bit of fun with the new power.
                I liked the introduction of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (I'm looking forward to Reunion already!) and especially the scene between him and Lionel. Good to see Lionel getting ruthless again! Anyone else think that JG is looking older and thinner nowadays - I don't want to sound harsh but he doesn't seem to have that same inner strength and self-belief that we've come to expect from the MB. Maybe it's just very good acting!
                I'm looking forward to seeing how Oliver interacts with Lex, Lionel and Clark - should be fun!
                By the way, did anyone else catch what Oliver said at the end? The baby monitor went off at that moment!
                Last edited by Lex Dance; 08-01-2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesk
                  Yeah for like a second, until he blows it all back into the room.
                  Only problem is that when we blow out it’s no longer oxygen, its carbon monoxide – plus I didn’t even think about the possible risks mentioned by Lex Dance poor Chloe should have ether been sucked in or blown away by Clarks power!

Originally posted by Lex Dance
                  By the way, did anyone else catch what Oliver said at the end?
                  When told someone with powers was in the warehouse, Queen says to the guy “Find him” (talking about of course Clark) the guy leaves. Queen then tenses up his bow and says “How about Borneo!” (sp) he shoots his arrow high into the air and hits a spot on the Daily Planet globe that I’m guessing is spot on target - hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by psycosis
                    When told someone with powers was in the warehouse, Queen says to the guy “Find him” (talking about of course Clark) the guy leaves. Queen then tenses up his bow and says “How about Borneo!” (sp) he shoots his arrow high into the air and hits a spot on the Daily Planet globe that I’m guessing is spot on target - hope that helps.
                    Cheers psycosis. You know, that's what I thought he said but it seemed so random! Now it makes sense with the whole globe thing.
                    By the way, didn't Oliver's man flee the scene before Clark's predictable use of his new superpower? Not that it really matters!
                    I've only ever read one Superman/Batman story that featured Green Arrow - am I right in thinking he's not a superhero?
                    Last edited by Lex Dance; 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Dance
                      Cheers psycosis. You know, that's what I thought he said but it seemed so random! Now it makes sense with the whole globe thing.
                      By the way, didn't Oliver's man flee the scene before Clark's predictable use of his new superpower? Not that it really matters!
                      I've only ever read one Superman/Batman story that featured Green Arrow - am I right in thinking he's not a superhero?
                      No probs - it is TOTALY random, maybe it's how he chooses his holiday destinations! cool scene though, plus I loved the sfx.
                      Yeah I think he did leave just as Clark found a situation to use his new discovered power to!!!

Yes you are correct, Green Arrow is much like Batman in that he has no "Super" powers (though I could argue the point that he still is a Superhero, but lets not get into that here), but a shed load of cash and loads of spare time to hone his body and abilities to the max.

In the case of Green Arrow it's his ability to ALLWAYS shoot on target, he adds to this by using his millions to produce his bow and many assortments of arrows - plus his costume. As Oliver Queen he uses his wealth and influences to get to the right people and make sure things go his way.

I'm guessing it's his similarities to Batman that the producers used his charter (since the Dark Knight film has the rights to Batman).

Comment

Ha! Wouldn't mind getting your thoughts on what makes a hero "super". Over the last few years I've been getting back into comics/graphic novels - mainly through Smallville.
                        It sounds daft but despite knowing for a long time that Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was going to make an appearance, it only just occured to me that he would fill the Bruce Wayne/Batman role!
                        Off topic I know, but I just finished Batman: Broken City - great story!

Comment

I thought sneeze was a pretty good episode found the beginning with the whole barn door thing hilarious but was it just me or did anyone else think that when Lionel was talking to Lex up in his office (before Lex was kidnapped) did he seem a bit drunk?
                          Overall pretty good episode

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎