Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiments

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe awoke to the feeling of coldness surrounding her body. The throbbing in her stomach had ceased, and was, for now, numb. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking away the blurriness and film covering her eyes.

She was surprised to notice that she was outside. Her head lay on a cold rocky surface. She could hear the sound of rushing water behind her, and attempted slowly to get up.

Dizziness ensued her, and she closed her eyes again. She could faintly hear voices in the background. She felt a pair of warm hands fall onto her arm.

“Lana..” she opened her eyes again.

“Close, but no dice.”

Chloe flinched a little as Lex came into view. His grim smile and dark eyes made anger flow through her. She attempted once more to get up, but pain enveloped her and she fell back down, hitting her head lightly on the rock surface.

She saw Lana standing nearby, fear on her beautiful features. Chloe struggled and finally managed to sit up, placing herself up against a nearby rock.

Lex walked over to Lana, and circled her, looking at Chloe.

“How’re you feeling, Chloe?”

Chloe didn’t answer. She could feel the pain from the knife wound come back and she winced, trying to fight it.

“I suppose your wondering what your doing here?” Lex asked. He waved a hand in the air. “I’m surprised you don’t recognize it.”

Chloe took in the scent of the place. Barker’s Bay (AN: I don’t actually know the name of the place. I just made it up). It was the place Lana had been thrown into the river by her friend four years ago.

“You’ve decided to jump and end your pathetic life?” Chloe suggested coldly, staring up at Lex.

Lex laughed a little, much to Chloe’s surprise. He walked over to her and brought a leg up, bringing it down into her stomach. Chloe yelled out in pain and grabbed her stomach, a little more blood spilling out onto the rocks.

“Wrong. I’m not the one who’s going to jump.”

He walked over to Lana, placing his hands on her shoulders. She shivered, tears spilling down her face.

“She is.”

Chloe’s heart dropped. She attempted more to get up, but failed.

“The question is,” Lex said, pushing Lana towards the bridge. He looked at Chloe once more. “Will you be fast enough to catch her?”

With a harsh push, Lex threw Lana off the edge.

Lana screamed, falling down into the river, her screams cut short by the blast of water that engulfed her. Her head smashed against a rock, knocking her unconscious.

Chloe sped forward with all her might, jumping off the bridge as well. Cold water shocked her as she hit the river. Her leg smashed up against a jagged rock. She screamed out under the water, bubbles rising to the surface.

She re-surfaced, waving her arms crazily to stay afloat. She looked around, trying to find Lana.

She saw Lana floating not to far away from her.

She started swimming, the pain in her leg and stomach forgotten for now. She reached Lana, grabbing her and turning her over.

“Come on, Lana.” She coughed, making her way to the shore.

The waves crashed against them, pulling Chloe and Lana underneath. Chloe kept a firm grip on Lana as the bobbled up and down.

Chloe finally managed to reach the shore, pulling Lana along with her. She could hear a car approaching, doors opening.

She fell to the ground, her eyes closed. She tried to breathe, every breathe hurting her lungs. She could hear voices and opened her eyes a bit, seeing the blurry images of Clark and Lois.

Clark held a hand out to Chloe, stroking her cheek.

Chloe could feel herself being lifted up. Before she blacked out, she heard Lois say one last thing.

“Oh, my god, Clark!. Lana's not breathing!"

I hope you like this chapter, and the next one will be posted shortly. I was actually thinking of doing a spin-off of this story when I finish it. What do you readers think of that?
    Last edited by Vovkulak; 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Awesome.
      Can't wait for more.

Comment

To save you reading the same comments, I'll live it with: job well done!

PPMS

Comment

Chloe’s eyes fluttered open. She could hear footsteps, and turned her head. Pain stabbed throughout her body, causing her to grimace. She slid her eyes open a little more, the blurry image of Clark coming into view.

He looked down at her and smiled weakly. “Hey.”

Chloe took a second for her eyesight to get adjusted. She lifted a hand up lazily and rubbed her eyes. “Where am I?” She asked.

“Your apartment.”

Chloe sat up, with much help from Clark. It took her a while to get used to her surroundings. She grabbed her side, feeling a bandage over her stomach. Looking down at her leg, she saw another bandage wrapped around it.

“Is Lana okay?” Her voice held worry as her thoughts drifted to Lana.

Clark nodded. “She’s resting. Lois did CPR on her. She hit her head pretty hard in the river.”

“And Lex?” Venom showed in her voice.

Clark stared at Chloe for a second before answering. “He was nowhere to be seen.”

Chloe threw her legs over the side of the couch. She stood up, immediately feeling dizziness overwhelming her. Clark grabbed her before she fell back.

“I need to end this.” Chloe said.

“No, you’re not.” Clark answered sternly.

“I need to!”

“You can hardly stand, I’m not about to let you go and let Lex finish the job he started.”

“Clark, this has to end. He’ll just keep coming back.”

Clark stood in front of Chloe, holding her arms. “Chloe, before you do this, just do me one favor.”

Raising an eyebrow, Chloe asked, “And that would be?”

---------------------------------------------------------

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Oliver stood in front of an appalled Chloe, a smile on his face.

“It’s training time,” Oliver commented.

Chloe threw a stern look at Clark. “You want him to train me?”

Clark stood in the field with them, a scarecrow at his side. “It’s me and him training you. If you want to fight Lex, you’ve got to know your own strength.”

Oliver grabbed the scarecrow from Clark and planted it harshly into the ground. Clapping dirt off his hands, he turned to Chloe.

“You’ve also got to know your own abilities. Lex knows your weakness. So use his weakness against him.”

Chloe crossed her arms. “Is he afraid of scarecrows or something?” She asked sarcastically.

Oliver grinned. “The scarecrow is Lex.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow. “How is this supposed to help?”

Clark put a hand on her shoulder. “Set it on fire.”

“Are you kidding me? I can hardly use super speed without messing it up.”

“Trust me, Chloe.”

Wincing as she stepped forward, she focused on the scarecrow. Oliver was at her side, his mouth near her ear.

“Think of everything he’s put you through. Everything he’s put Lois, Clark...and Lana through.”

Chloe’s hands curled into fists.

“He almost killed everyone you love. Are you going to let him get away with that?” Oliver whispered harshly.

Chloe eyes turned red as the fire started.

“Make him Pay!”

Flames burst out of Chloe’s eyes, setting the scarecrow ablaze. Smoke rose up into the sky, an astounded Chloe looking after it.

“Good Job,” Clark said.

Chloe grabbed her stomach.

“Are you alright?” Clark asked, stepping forward.

Chloe nodded. “Yeah, it still hurts a lot.”

“Time for lesson number two,” Oliver said.

Turning around, Chloe saw a fist coming for her face. She grabbed it swiftly, blocking the punch. Taking her other hand, she planted it into Oliver’s chest, throwing him into the charred remains of the scarecrow.

Oliver got up, grabbing his stomach. “Good, you know how to block.” He winced and held up a thumb. “And you’ve still got lots of power. That’s a plus.”

Chloe felt a sudden weakness come over her. Her knees buckled and she fell to the ground. Clark was at her side in a second.

“Chloe?!”

She regained herself, standing up slowly. “I’m okay.”

“I don’t think you should face Lex like this,” Clark said.

Chloe looked him in the eyes. “I’m not going to.”

“What?” Oliver and Clark asked at the same time

Chloe stepped away from them both. She turned and faced them, determination in her eyes.

“We are.”

Clark held up his hands. “I’m sorry, what?”

“I’m sick of Lex Luthor. He’s done nothing but ruin our lives since the day he got here. You’re either with me or you’re not.”

Oliver stepped forward, a smile on his face. “Let’s take him down." He grabbed his side again. "That is, if I dont have a dozen broken ribs."

After a moments hesitation, Clark stepped forward as well. “I have your back.”

Chloe smiled. “I’m finishing this once and for all.”

I hope you guys liked this chapter. It took me a while to get right.
          Last edited by Vovkulak; 10-07-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Great update.
            Loved scarecrow Lex.

Comment

Thanks for the review. It took me forever to update the last chapter, but I will update ASAP I promise *Hand to chest*

Comment

Great story, can't wait for the rest!

Comment

I'm adoring this story - I love how exceptionally deeply Chloe and Lana love one another - Chloe's so willing to put her life on the line for the woman she loves and Lana clearly loves Chloe no end: such a wonderful connection. Here's hoping Lex won't try intervening again - love that strong can not be broken.

Comment

Really great story - gets me hooked. Can't
                    wait to read the rest.
                    Keep on writing this wonderful story!

Comment

Erm, sorry Im a little behind on updating. But I promise tomorrow, I'll have a new update up. And it will be awesome! ^_^

Comment

I'll be back for the update, guaranteed. What's keeping you so busy - school, work, life in general? Best wishes and thanks for keeping up with this fic.

Comment

Chloe was packing up a few things when Lois walked into the room, a conscious and still bruised Lana behind her. Lois crossed her arms, glancing around the room at Clark, Oliver and Chloe.

“Where do you think you guys are going?” She asked sternly, leaning against the wall.

Chloe stopped, looking at Clark hesitantly.

Clark stepped up. “We need to finish something.”

Lana shook her head. “No.”

Oliver started to answer, but stopped when Lois raised a hand.

“You almost got killed, Chloe, and your still going after Lex?” Lana asked, stepping more inside the room. Her voice was flooded with a mix of concern and worry.

Chloe hesitated, her gaze lowering to her bag. “I need to do this.”

“You’re not going.”

Lois nodded in agreement, looking at Clark. “I can’t believe you were going along with this, Clark.”

Clark opened his mouth. No words came out. He didn’t know what to say. “I’m sorry,” He managed. “But we’re doing this.”

Lana grabbed Chloe’s arm, pulling her to face her. “You’re not going,” She repeated, looking Chloe dead on in the eyes.

Chloe looked away. “I’m not doing this for me.” She stared at the floor, finally managing to bring her gaze up to look at Lana. “I’m doing this for us. For the world.”

Lana’s eyes watered a little as she stepped back. “You’re no better than he is.”

“Lana..”

“Go ahead, do it. But don’t expect me to be here when you get back. You’re on his level now, Chloe. You’re nothing but...a murderer.”

Chloe’s heart dropped. Her eyes lowered. “You’ll thank me when it’s done.”

She sped away, leaving a trail of wind. Clark followed behind her, throwing a sympathetic gaze over to Lana. Oliver stood in the aftermath, the silence deafening.

“Damn, I hate when they leave me behind,” he muttered, running to his car.

Lois walked over to Lana, putting a hand on her shoulder.

“I know my cousin. She’ll do the right thing, Lana.”

Lana wiped a tear away angrily, hating herself for crying. “Ever since she got these abilities, she’s been so distant.”

Lois nodded, understanding what Lana was feeling. “It’s okay, they’ll be back. And Lex will live.”

“I hope your right,” Lana said, turning and walking back to her room.

Lois looked at her walk away. Heaving a sigh, she followed.

“Me too,” She whispered.

---------------------------------

Lex sat at his desk, looking over his files, when the door burst open. His security guard flew into the room, landing near his desk. Lex jumped up, startled.

“Who’s there!?”

He ran to his bookcase, entering the code to a secret drawer. He grabbed the revolver that sat in the drawer, and pointed it at the door.

A blur ran past Lex. The gun was thrown out of his hands, and he was thrown backwards, into his desk.

Landing painfully, he grabbed his head. “Damn!”

He looked up to see what had hit him.

“How does it feel, Lex?”

Chloe stood in front of him, the gun in her hand.

“How does it feel to be on the other side?”

Lex rubbed the back of his head gently, and sat up, jumping off of his desk. He threw a smirk to Chloe, eyeing the revolver in her hands.

“So, you’re going to shoot me?” Lex asked, still managing a smirk.

Chloe looked down at the gun, then back at Lex. “Oh, no, Lex. I have much more in store for you.”

She dropped the gun and sped towards Lex. Before he knew what had happened, Chloe had him by the throat, up against his desk.

Squeezing as hard as she could manage without breaking his neck, she smiled, looking into his eyes.

“I want you to suffer.”

Clark and Oliver entered the room, Oliver smiling as he saw Lex in pain.

“Finish him off ,Chloe!”

Clark looked back and forth between Oliver and Chloe. His stomach dropped as he realized what was happening.

Lex grabbed Chloe’s arms, trying to pry them off of his throat. A cry of panic rose from him.

Chloe squeezed harder, tears flowing down her face.

“You’re nothing but a murderer, Chloe.”

Lana’s voice echoed in her mind. She still squeezed harder as Lex’s eyes rolled back into his head.

She let go. Lex’s limp body fell to the floor.

Clark ran forward, checking his pulse. “He’s still alive.” He said, a wave of relief washing over him.

Oliver stepped forward. “Why didn’t you kill him!”

Chloe looked at the ground. “I can’t..I just can’t..”

Clark wrapped her in a hug. “It’s okay.”

------------------------------

Lana sat on her bed, flipping through a magazine when Chloe knocked on her door.

“Come in,” Lana said, setting down her magazine.

Chloe walked in, a guilty look flooding her expression. “I couldn’t do it.”

Lana sighed in relief and got up, bringing Chloe into a hug.

“I knew you’d do the right thing.”

Chloe pulled away and sat on the bed. Lana took a seat beside her.

“Everything’s going to be different now, isn’t it?”

Lana shrugged. “Only if you make it different. Chloe, you may have these abilities and powers, but you’re still Chloe Sullivan. Reporter, Friend. Girlfriend.” Lana threw her a look from the corner of her eye.

Chloe smiled and put her head on Lana’s shoulder.

“So, what made you stop from killing Lex?” Lana asked.

Chloe lifted her head. “You.”

Lana smiled and leaned in, giving Chloe a kiss on the lips.

“I love you.”

Chloe smiled. “I love you, too, Lana Lang.”

They kissed again.

--------------------------------

Lex was in his hospital bed, typing on his laptop. He put a hand to his throat, wincing at the pain. His throat was bruised and red, and he could hardly talk. He frowned and closed his laptop.

“Leave.” He told his bodyguard.

“Sir?” The bodyguard said hesitantly.

“I said Leave!” He hissed, wincing.

The man nodded, obeying his orders, and left.

Lex opened his laptop and looked at his file on Chloe Sullivan.

The picture of her smiled at him brightly.

He growled low in his throat.

He grabbed his cellphone and typed in a number. He waited as it rang. A deep voice on the other end answered.

“Hello?”

Lex cleared his throat before whispering a response.

“This is Lex Luthor. I want level 33.1 up and running again.”

There was silence before the man answered.

“Mr. Luthor, it will take a while to get level 33.1 up and running again.”

“I don’t care how long it takes. I want it done.”

“Yes, sir.”

Lex hung up. He looked at the picture of Chloe on his laptop and smiled evilly.

“It’s not over, Chloe Sullivan. It’s just beginning.”

The End...?

-----------------------------------

I finished, how about that? Well, I want to thank you all for reading it, you guys make it worth writing!. I promise, there will be a sequel, in fact, I am working on it right now. It will be very interesting, and I hope you guys will hang around to read it.

I wasn't very impressed with this chapter, but I hope you guys liked it. I got a case of writer's block, which royally sucks. Plus school has been making sure I don't have a life =P.

Again, thank you for reading, and the sequel will be up *very* soon. Here's a little hint of what's going to be happening in it:

Kara comes to Smallville and causes some tension between Lana and Chloe. Meanwhile, Lois finds out some great news. But how will Clark take it? And what is Lex really planning? Why would he want to re-build 33.1? And will he get away with it?

Hope it sounds good. And I hope you liked this story, and keep on reading and writing! ^_^

-Vokvulak

Comment

YEAH!!! I'm so excited... a sequel. But Kara driving a wedge between Chloe and Lana... NOOOO!!! They've been through hell as is and I want them to be able to settle down now, perhaps with Lex locked in Belle Reeve for life. Anywayz, loved the last installment... job well done once again.

Comment

Awesome.
                              I loved this update.
                              Can't wait for Kara.
                              Please post more soon.

Comment

i just found this story... !!!!! it was amazing!!!! did you allready do the sequal somewhere? yes? may i please have a link?

this story was soooooo awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎