Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois Should be With?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark, they are amazing together on screen, and the chemistry is undeniable. I know that they always end up together in the end, but even if i didn't know the superman story i think i'd definately still choose Clark

Comment

• No One. After the debacle of S7, Lois became a non entity to me, especially in the area of a potential romantic interest for Clark. Don't care what the Lois and Clark mythos depicted, this version of Lois did not belong with Clark, just as Clark did not belong with Lois (AOS arc reinforced my feelings toward a Lois and Clark relationship). First she sleeps with her boss (sneaking around doing it) and lies to Chloe (her cousin and best friend about it). Not only that but Grant was a clone created by Lex and put in the DP position to keep an eye on Lois and kill any stories about Lex. Bad choice of a bed partner. I always thought Lois was someone who protected her heart by putting up walls so she couldn't get hurt emotionally but her affair with Grant made no sense. He was an egotistical, arrogant ass and not even in the same ballpark as Oliver. Grant even made derogatory remarks to Lois about Chloe and Lois still slept with him. Then when Grant disappears, she decides to give Oliver another chance even after the way he dumped her. But decides in the end that she can't handle his dual identity (Green Arrow persona). Smallville's version of Lois is that she is very superficial. Give her a pretty face and she is ready to jump his bones. Just look at previous seasons: She's all over A.C. in Season 5 after knowing him for 1 day. She's willing to fly off on a date with Graham Garrett, a hit man and someone she barely knows, after knowing him for 1 or 2 days. These are guys she barely knows. The only relationship that made any sense was her and Oliver. At least she dated him and fell in love before deciding on a physical relationship with him. However, with Grant, there was never any hint that she loved him before deciding to sleep with him. This is not the action of someone who is careful with her heart but someone who sees a pretty face and decides to have sex with him no matter what. I give kudos to ED for trying to make the best out of some bad writing and make people believe that there was some kind of chemistry between Lois and Grant, but the only chemistry was acid. And the attempted banter and dialogue between them just didn't cut it. It was more forced than cute. Like I said, S7 ended my"love affair" with Lois. She became just another character, ala Lana, in Clark's journey to become Superman which was the only reason I continued to watch Smallville. FYI, for those who still refuse to believe she slept with Grant, check out the commentary on S7's DVD for the Siren episode. This confirmed that they did indeed sleep together. Thanks for nothing PTB.

Comment

• With Clark Kent, her soulmate, her true love, always and forever

Comment

• Don't remember anyone actually saying Lois slept with Grant on screen. She referred to him as "forbidden fruit", but only copped to sneaking off for some making out at work. I agree that Grant was all wrong for Lois, but I don't blame her character or Erica as the actress for things that should be blamed on the writers. I notice you referred me to the comentary track; so I'll get to it eventually although I find them too distracting to use them while I'm watching the episode. By the way lots of women every day sleep with men they aren't in love with. With Ollie she actually said that, "all those nights together", he'd never felt that she deserved to hear the truth about his nocturnal activities. Another bad choice by the writer's.

You realize that the show was all about Chloe after all so it's only her character that matters; everyone else acts out of character half the time anyway for expediency. I like Lois and Ollie as friends in S7-10 after their romance fizzled.

Lois of course belongs with Clark; it's been proven over and over for the past 75 years so I won't belabor it here. Since I can't have her; she must be with Clark.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎