No announcement yet.

" That means he's hiding in plain sight..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " That means he's hiding in plain sight..."

I mentioned this after Landside when sylar seemed to 'disappear' when talking to the blonde FBI chick, (I know it is a common effect in movies and such but this show seems to like to have explainations for these things) but it happened again in this episode when peter and bennet are finally showing up in kirby plaza and sylar 'hides in plain sight'.

I submit that since claude has been gone for awhile, and didnt make an appearance in the finale like some thought, that maybe sylar ate claude. They didnt make a huge deal out of it but it is just somthing I noticed...

That's wild. I was trying to figure out how he was doing that. I wondered if maybe he flew in real quick or something. But the hiding in plain site comment I think refers to invisibility. The only one we know about with that power is Claude.

However, I would have thought they would have made a bigger deal about Claude's death.

Comment

Yea me too. But I cant think of anyother explaination at this point, besides the fact I might be thinking too much into it, lol. I mean he doesnt have anyother power that would enable that sorta thing.

Comment

It has been stated he has some kind of super speed. I think he just moves up on them too quickly to see or hear.

Comment

But then Peter wouldn't have said, "he's hiding in plain sight".

Comment

In the episode where he killed super hearing lady she said, "I didn't hear any foot steps". Then he said, "Because there weren't any." He definitally has some type of ability to avoid walking.

Comment

Course, we know he has gotten some abilities from folks we haven't seen because he has the ability to cut skin/skulls.

I assumed he got the flying ability from a character we didn't see, in between the meetings with the two Saresh's.

I also guess he could have found someone else with the disappearing trick, instead of Claude.

Comment

In .07%, during the Peter/Sylar confrontation when Peter turns invisible, didn't Sylar say something to the effect of "I can't wait to try that one"? That, to me, would indicate he doesn't have the power of invisibility.

Comment

Good point. So if it was invisibility, he would have had to have learned it since that first meeting. Like, from Claude.

Comment

They would have mentioned Claude getting killed. Even if not in the show then surely in the graphic novels.

Comment

Originally posted by whitenack
                      Course, we know he has gotten some abilities from folks we haven't seen because he has the ability to cut skin/skulls.
                      No that's his telekinesis taken from Brian back in the episode "Six Months Ago"- presumably his first power. He is so advanced with his telekinesis he can finely control it to make precision cuts

Comment

Peter would have been able to see him even if he was invisible though, just like he saw Claude.

Comment

I just started a thread on this in the spoilers but maybe its:

Umbrakenesis
                          The ability to move shadows and darkness with ones mind.

Thing about. take a step to the side and make an area your in completely dark! He also always seems to have a big shadow. I know am the first to always say it was just the lightning, but somehow he does hide. Also why would that ability listed?

Comment

I think its more along the lines of a limited teleport like night crawler.

examples:
                            When chasing peter and clair he appears next to peter from 300 feet away in less then a second.

The super hearing lady did not hear him walk up because he made no foot steps.

They show the plaza empty except for peter and mr. bennet. then boom Sylar is right there.

Comment

Re: " That means he's hiding in plain sight..."

Originally posted by Patient101
                              I mentioned this after Landside when sylar seemed to 'disappear' when talking to the blonde FBI chick, (I know it is a common effect in movies and such but this show seems to like to have explainations for these things) but it happened again in this episode when peter and bennet are finally showing up in kirby plaza and sylar 'hides in plain sight'.

I submit that since claude has been gone for awhile, and didnt make an appearance in the finale like some thought, that maybe sylar ate claude. They didnt make a huge deal out of it but it is just somthing I noticed...
                              it makes sense, but it also makes me sad. I really liked Claude.

I am kinda leaning more towards that Sylar just freaking strolled up to Peter and Noah in the square - I mean, they weren't exactally paying attention now were they.

I think that Sylar is just a cool-calm character that strolls up, disappears into a crowd. He doesn't need Claude's power to be a sneaky SOB - he just need to be tactful and wait for the opportune moment. Which Sylar often does now.

He's got the waitress' super learning power - so Sylar is probably just able to anticipate what people are going to do......at least to some extent.

Originally posted by chrisxs5
                              I just started a thread on this in the spoilers but maybe its:

Umbrakenesis
                              The ability to move shadows and darkness with ones mind.

Thing about. take a step to the side and make an area your in completely dark! He also always seems to have a big shadow. I know am the first to always say it was just the lightning, but somehow he does hide. Also why would that ability listed?
                              Hmmm....that is interesting. Now THAT would be a power that would be cool to see.

We already know that Sylar (and Peter for that matter) have more powers than we've seen either of them use. So it's possible that Sylar can bend into the shadows etc.

Or maybe he just trained with Batman........
                              Last edited by Ginx; 05-23-2007, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎