Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Peter gain new powers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter chasing powers would be like Hiro chasing the sword: boring.

Comment

We could send Peter and Sylar out at the same time after one power and we could call it Driv-roes!

Comment

If you read the Comic Book Resources weekly column "behind the eclipse", the writers have said that Peter only has the abilities that sylar has used in front of him.

This doesn't seem to make any sense at first, but remember when Sylar was "dead"? Only Telekinis showed up in his DNA. And If sylar does indeed ingest brains somehow instead of anaylizing them, then he may consistently shift his DNA to the different powers he has, thus only using one at a time. So at one point in time Sylar would only have one power, and thus peter would only absorb one power.

And I think it has been said that the Hatian can block Peter's ability, and so Peter has not absorbed his. It is possible that he has Eden's though.

Comment

I actually like that theory and think they should adopt it, but a recent interview said Peter had all of Sylars powers.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisxs5
            I actually like that theory and think they should adopt it, but a recent interview said Peter had all of Sylars powers.
            I read that interview too. So Peter definately does have all of Sylar's powers. The thing with Peter though, if he doesn't know what specific power he absorbed from which person then that makes it hard for him to use it on purpose. For example, he should have easily absorbed Eden's power but he's never been in a situation where the power would be used out of survival instinct. Peter also doesn't know that Eden had any powers at all so that's another reason it doesn't get used unless it's just on instinct and then get's filed away again and sits there useless.

For example, Peter has that dream vision thing with Mr. Devoux but Peter doesn't know how he got that power so he won't use it often unless on instinct or on accident. Peter also has psychic visions of the future that he's been able to use every once and awhile but again, Peter doesn't know where he got that power from so he can't access it whenever he wants. It only comes out when he's in distress or something. Peter could have countless powers already by that reasoning.

So as of know, he only uses the powers that he knows he has and the only for sure power that he's seen Sylar use is the TK - so that's the only Sylar power that Peter uses as well.

Comment

Huh. Which interview was that?

I realy don't like this turn of events. Sylar and Peter were both already extremely overpowered- now Peter is even more powerful. They need to hit the reset button on both of them. (Somehow make it so that Peter can either only use powers in the presence of the Evolved Humans he is copying or he can only use weakened versions of the powers.)

Comment

I have been preaching the reset button since mid-season. I think they could do it, if they do it correctly. As for the interview, I cant remember. I read them all and they tend to overlap from time to time.

Comment

Yeah I would think ha has all of Sylars powers but it doesn't make a difference because he doesn't know what they are.

Comment

I would agree with that. It seems his reactive powers, like healing and reading minds are automatic. But some of the physical powers he actually has to see!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisxs5
                      I would agree with that. It seems his reactive powers, like healing and reading minds are automatic. But some of the physical powers he actually has to see!
                      If the powers he borrows are reflexive (like the mind reading, healing, exploding) then he doesn't have to concentrate to use them. But the non-automatic powers (flying, invisibility, etc.) are non-reflexive, and he therefore has to think about it, and has to know he has it before he can use it.

Comment

He automatically used invisibility when he first saw claude though.

Comment

Did he use invisibility, or could he just see someone invisible?

Comment

He was definitely invisible

Comment

And Exploding and Mind Reading are not reflexive. Like Peter's power, sometimes they activate by themselves, but they can be consciously controlled, unlike Regeneration or Super Hearing, which are always on, and reflexive.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎