Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Nathan need to fly peter up , he can fly too??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, but sadly no. AZ are my initials

Comment

Peter says "I absorbed all his powers Nathan and now I can't do anything". It was too much, Claude told him his body doesn't know what to do with them all. Thats why he didn't fly on his own. Too much too fast too stressed he lost control.

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
        He couldn't concentrate to use another power...remember that he activates his power through a certain emotion...the whole reason why he was blowing up because of his uncontrollable emotion

However, what I didn't get was that he still could have had Claire shoot him...killing him would stop him from blowing up...and later they could take the bullet out so that he can regenerate...???
        I'm new here so bare with me

I think getting shoot at the brain is a bit different than getting a branch or a piece of glass stuck in your brain

maybe they thought if Claire shoot him, then the brain would be so damaged that he won't be able to regenerate ... that's the why there so many emotion involved in that scene

Comment

Yeah, big difference between something stuck in his brain and his brain being scrambled by a bullet...

Comment

The official answer:

Comment

Like I said in another thread, if he lost control of his radioactivity, how could you expect him to control flight?

Comment

I don't like all the people I come across complaining about how Peter couldn't just fly himself up there. Nathan had to do it. Peter said (almost exactly) "I can't control it. I can't do anything." And we know he absorbed Niki's strength, right? IF he got everyone else's (Micah, Molly, DL) at the same time (which I doubt) that'd certainly be enough excuse for an overload and an inability to control the one that sets off when angered (ie. fighting Sylar). If not, same deal; too hard to focus on suppressing the bomb to bring up his ability to fly at the same time without nuking at least a little of NYC (including our beloved heroes).

What I did have a problem with was Nathan hearing Claire and Peter from the air.
                "Tell me there's another way!"
                "There is no other way!"
                *Nathan flies in from at least the other side of the building 200 feet away and maybe as many high*
                "Yes, there is."

What the hell?! You heard them, Nathan? When did HE get super-hearing?

Comment

hahaha, I said the same thing. He just got there and he's already cought up in the conversation.

Comment

^ I think I participate in that other argument, so I am going to opt of this one.

Comment

I beleive he can use more than one power at a time but (1) he was focusing on not blowing up and (2) doesn't have control of all his powers yet. If he did the season finale would have never happened. The using emotions thing is only because of his miniscule control over his abilities.

Comment

Of course he can, he used 2 in FYG.

Comment

Why does this argument keep appearing? Its in the dialogue. Just let it go. He wasn't in control.

As for Nathan's hearing, I think it was just a dramatic editing; even though we saw him flying close after the conversion, the flight is realy happening while they're talking.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎