No announcement yet.

"You've had your powers all along."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You've had your powers all along."

Since Bennet woke Peter up, he didn't physically teleport or time travel. It was more like temporal, astral projection.

This was similar to Suresh dreaming of the Indian boy who motivated him and helped find the key. Yet, when Suresh did it, the boy wasn't always there.

Maybe this was Suresh's power after all, since he projected to witness his and his father's past. Then again, the writer's said he had no powers. And, different people can have the same power.

The kickers were not only that Deveaux could see him but that if Peter was physically or spiritually present then he gave himself his powers before it all started. Rewatch the episode and listen for the ding when past, nurse Peter senses present day Peter during the conversation with Simone.

Also, Peter had Sylar's intuitive aptitude and idiotic memory. He should have just known how to use whatever powers he knew he had.

It was lame that the effects budget was too low to have him do more the go invisible and use telekenesis, the 2 cheapest effects to create in speacial effects history.

I was just thinking the same thing!

Seems like Peter's original power was the ability to mimic others powers.

Deveaux was at least one of the first to have his powers absorbed by peter. Perhaps that is where Peter gets his empathic abilities from.

Comment

The kid's Name is Sanjog Iyer, the way I see it his powers traverse the globe. I said this a long time ago somewhere else. Sanjogs' power is the kind that could connect to someone without him ever really being there. Which always made me think that Peter could get this power without coming into contact with Sanjog in his Physical form. It sure seems like Peter was using Sanjogs power.

and Sanjog was always there with Mohinder, he was guiding him, he doesn't need to acctually be standing next to him.

Comment

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but was I the only one whose mind immediately went to Ruby Slippers and Glinda the Good when Charles said that?

Comment

I don't think Peter obtained his powers at that point. I believe Peter was astrally projecting, but not physically there, and I think Peter needs to be physically near the person to obtain their powers.

Deveaux was explaining to Peter why he is the one with the power to stop Sylar: because he is full of love and compassion. Peter's kind heart is what gave him the true power over evil. This makes the most sense to me because it ties into the conversation Devaux was having with Mrs. Petrelli before that, where he told her that Peter should be the one because of his heart, and that the nation needs heart, not strength, to deal with the coming crisis.

Comment

The problem with it all was, Peter didn't stop Sylar, Hiro did.
            Peter just slowed him and distracted him somewhat before Hiro skewered him.

Comment

is it me or do you think peter should have been able to absorb sylar's powers too?

Comment

I do believe Peter can and has absorbed Sylar's powers. He has telekenesis right? He only got that after being around sylar or no? *thinks*

Comment

I think he did, he just don't know what they are and how to use them as Sylar did.

Sylar's original power was to understand how things work.

Comment

That's the weird thing about Peter absorbing Sylar's powers. He has all of his super-powers, but he doesn't instantly know how they work and how to use them like Sylar does. You'd think he would get that too. It's possible that Sylar's power to know how things work is actually just a natural aptitude, though, and thus Pete would never "absorb" it like he does superpowers.

Comment

sylar knows how to use all of his powers because he observes the people before he kills them, peter doesnt even know he has some of the powers he might have, since he just picks them up

Comment

Sylar knows how to use the powers because he knows how they work. That's his "ability", knowing how things work.

Comment

Originally posted by angeloo
                          sylar knows how to use all of his powers because he observes the people before he kills them, peter doesnt even know he has some of the powers he might have, since he just picks them up
                          Right, Peter only uses the power if he knows he has it, unless it is something passive (like Matt's power, or Claire's, for example). If it's something active like Claude's or Nathan's, he has to focus on it to make it work. If he doesn't know DL can phase, he would never try to do so, etc.

Comment

Astral projection sounds like a good thoery. Obviously Deveuax has a power and that could very much be it! He told Peter he was there becuse he needed to be. Charles seemed to know exactly what was going on at that moment. When he said Invisibility, I was thought that would be a good one to have, surely meant he had full knowledge of it all!

Comment

Well, first off, I think Charles meant his "heart's ability to love unconditionally" when he said that he had the power all along.

Also, I don't think Peter got his clairvoyance from Charles...I think that he's a dream manipulator/spirit guide, like Sanjog. He knew about the bomb, and maybe his job was to conciously give Peter his flying dreams? Think about it...If he had never dreamt he could fly, Peter would have never discovered his powers, and probably wouldn't have exploded.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎