No announcement yet.

Bionic Woman [2007]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bionic Woman [2007]

Bionic Woman is a re-imagining (or more likely, a reboot) of the The Bionic Woman (1976–1978), dropping the leading “The” from the title. This series stars Michelle Ryan, Katee Sackhoff, Will Yun Lee and Mae Whitman, with David Eick as producer. On May 10, 2007, NBC announced that they'd given an early pick-up to the series for their Fall 2007 schedule, along with three other drama series—two of them also sci-fi themed. The official NBC Fall 2007 schedule was released on May 14, 2007 and Bionic Woman will be on Wednesdays at 9pm (Eastern Time) starting September 26, 2007.

The original series was created by Kenneth Johnson as a spin-off of The Six Million Dollar Man, which in turn was based upon the novel Cyborg by Martin Caidin, who subsequently received a special credit on the original The Bionic Woman, even though the character of Jaime Sommers was not his creation. It remains to be seen if Caidin or Johnson will be credited on the new version of Bionic Woman or if any references to The Six Million Dollar Man will be made. The website for the UK newspaper Daily Mail published photographs from the pilot film that reveal that in addition to a bionic ear, Sommers will receive a bionic eye like that of Steve Austin, along with her bionic legs and bionic arm.

Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) will play a (possibly recurring) villain named Sarah Corvus, the “original bionic woman”. Sackhoff has compared the role to Number Six

Glen Morgan, writer and producer on The X-Files and Millennium is in talks to join the production team of Bionic Woman.

So anyone else looking forward to this? Have to say I really can't wait, such a fantastic concept and so much potential material.

Add in to that the gorgeous girl in the lead role and this has all the makings of being a hit.

It got picked up in the upfronts, and since there's no thread for it yet on here I thought I'd start one. I really think it could reach the same sort of audience Smallville, Heroes, Veronica Mars etc. have reached so hopefully you guys reading this will at least give it a chance when it's on.

I saw the trailers at the NBC site and I think it looks great!

Comment

It looks amazing. Had a very Buffyesque feel to it. A woman kicking some ass.

Comment

You know...call me a pessimist...but I remember the old The Bionic Woman, and Six Million Dollar Man.....and they were mediocre shows at best.....I was enamored with them.....why? cause i was a kid....fascinated by anything off the wall.....but although im still fascinated by strange and off the wall shows...this show had better be WELL written to keep my attention....just the name alone isnt enough to keep my attention....and ive seen the trailer, and well......i'll just take a wait and see stance.

Comment

It's written by some of the same people who did the new Battlestar Galactica so I think that sounds promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus2000
            You know...call me a pessimist...but I remember the old The Bionic Woman, and Six Million Dollar Man.....and they were mediocre shows at best.....I was enamored with them.....why? cause i was a kid....fascinated by anything off the wall.....but although im still fascinated by strange and off the wall shows...this show had better be WELL written to keep my attention....just the name alone isnt enough to keep my attention....and ive seen the trailer, and well......i'll just take a wait and see stance.
            Well, what if it's written for the kids of today? It's the Star Wars effect.

Though in fairness I think this will be written for an older market, what with who's behind it, the stars they've got and the timeslot it's in.

We just have to give it a chance people. It could be the next big thing, and I'm sure it's aimed at people like us.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS
              Well, what if it's written for the kids of today? It's the Star Wars effect.

Though in fairness I think this will be written for an older market, what with who's behind it, the stars they've got and the timeslot it's in.

We just have to give it a chance people. It could be the next big thing, and I'm sure it's aimed at people like us.
              I prefer to think of it more as the "Love & Monsters" effect. *wipes the stink off of that Doctor Who episode*

I think it'll be written for an older market too. It'll be on Wednesdays at 9, and how much do you want to bet, if Journeyman fails, that Bionic Woman will take the post-Heroes time slot?

Comment

Some are calling it a Return to Alias with a SciFi feel so that is promising.

Comment

Glen Morgan, writer and producer on The X-Files and Millennium is in talks to join the production team of Bionic Woman.
                  Well i have been completely unimpressed with the new Battlestar Galactica, but if they can include Glen Morgan in the writing team this show may have a chance. His work on the X-files and Millenium is outstanding, and even some of the movies he's done.

Comment

Glen Morgan & James Wong's Millennium Season 2 stuff was amazing. The show was never the same after they left. Morgan's appointment to Bionic Woman can only make it stronger.

Comment

I grew up watching Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman on tv, so this should be very interesting.
                      I wonder what aspects (other than the bionics part) will be kept? I'd like to see some homage (ever how small) paid to the original series.
                      God, wouldn't it be great to get Lee or Lindsay to do a guest spot? I guess a recurring spot as her parents (not bionic) would be too much to ask for. Lol!

Comment

That would be funny to get them to play her parents.

I'm just wondering, if the show is a success, how long it'll be before a character named Steve Austin (an astronaut?) shows up. And if anyone will tell him he stole his name from the wrestler. (Yes, I do know that in reality it was the other way around)

Comment

ahhh but as a mystery....they'll keep the character a mystery and only refer to him as Stone Cold

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus2000
                            ahhh but as a mystery....they'll keep the character a mystery and only refer to him as Stone Cold

I fear for The Bionic Woman because I seriously can't stand the new Battlestar Galatica. They took the fun out of the show and turned it into a total soap opera set space. Only much, much worse.

Comment

What's interesting is She-Starbuck on BSG kind of annoys me but she looks really cool in Bionic Woman. I think Katee Sackhoff is a decent actress; I just think it's Starbuck who annoys me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎