No announcement yet.

Molly Walker= Cerebro from x-men

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molly Walker= Cerebro from x-men

More X-men knockoffs. For those who didn't read the comics or see the 1st two films, cerebro is the telepathic enhancer that Professor x uses to locate, and even control every mutant from anywhere on the planet. Molly Walker has the ability to track all people with abilities anywhere on the planet. Good, but unoriginal.

it's circular man...you can say any ideas come from anything- about anything!, but i'm sure this show follows their own lines and agenda...i think the connection you're mentioning here between cerebro and molly is a bit of stretch and just grabbing @ straws. In any case, enjoy the show!

Comment

And Ted is Firestorm?
      Any Superhero have freezing power, super hearing, have telekinetic powers, walk through walls, see the future, heal quickly read minds, have super strengh, fly, teleport, comunicate with machines, become invisible, alter someone's prospective of how they look using thier mind?

There are not that many new powers to come up with.
      However I might want to draw the line if they come up with a new hero made of orange cobblestone.

Comment

^^ lol or from outer space.

Comment

Re: Molly Walker= Cerebro from x-men

Originally posted by jazzylg
          More X-men knockoffs. For those who didn't read the comics or see the 1st two films, cerebro is the telepathic enhancer that Professor x uses to locate, and even control every mutant from anywhere on the planet. Molly Walker has the ability to track all people with abilities anywhere on the planet. Good, but unoriginal.
          Again. The entire series of Heroes is a big "homage" to the X-Men. They even had Stan Lee guest star.

Originally posted by STFanatic
          There are not that many new powers to come up with.
          However I might want to draw the line if they come up with a new hero made of orange cobblestone.
          LOL. I'll draw the line there too.

Comment

Talking of X-Men homages, did I hear Hiro correctly that the name of the sword-fixer was Claremont?

Comment

A stretch? J-KENT, have you ever seen x-men1 or 2, or read the comics? You'd have to be blind, deaf, and dumb not to see the simularities. Not meant as an insult to you, I'm just saying it's brutaly obvious.

Comment

Cerebro is not a person but a machine/
                So how could it be the same?

Comment

Cerebro is a machine designed to enhance Telepathic powers, if anything you could compare Molly to Xavier or any telepath from X-Men rather than a machine. Even then Xavier never had the power to locate Mutants he can just sense them if he locks into their consciouses.

So saying Molly is in any way really like cerebro is as j-kent put it "a bit of [a] stretch".

Comment

I'm referring to what she does I know cerebro is a machine. I didn't think it had to spelled out this way. Professor x used cerebro tolocate mutants Molly uses her ability to locate others with abilities . There's no need to be fixated on the fact that one is human and the other is a machine. Just the fact that they both are performing a simular function.
                    Last edited by jazzylg; 05-15-2007, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Like I just said, Cerebro is a Telepathic Amplifier, as it is used for locating muntants more often than not, it has many purposes. Molly Walker just finds poeple, much more effectively and with less limitations than the cerebro/telepath combination. I just do not see the connection, much less the need to stress a connection, between the two. There is also the most striking difference between the two, the fact that Cerebro is tool, and Molly Walker is a human being. So the Statement "Molly Walker= Cerebro from x-men" is remarkably false, as Cerebro itself is not a "Mutant Finder" but a computer to help those who already have powers, as where Molly is.

Comment

Geez, I didn't know I sparked up a court debate....

Comment

ha, yeah, I don't mean to argue. Our opinions just differ, no big deal.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding! OK seperate corners people!

Comment

Hey Chris, I just noticed you made Board Master!

^5 dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎