Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana: I would never hurt the man I love

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i must agree with the idea that lana does not walk like she talks.
    in episode 100, which is the point at which i did not like lana's choice, she left the kent party to go see a drunken lex with her new engagement ring.
    now if lana speaks the truth and she would never hurt the man she loved, then who does she love at the moment, the man at the party who she accepted the proposal from or the man she showed the the ring to. everyone is entitled to their opinions without bashing anyone else's, and that is my opinion, that you should walk like you talk.

Comment

I think when she visited Lex with the engagement ring on, she was talking to a close friend. I don't think she saw him as anything more than that.

She loved the man at the party who she accepted the proposal from. That man was the facade that Lex put on so he could have Lana. Lex knows that Lana could never love him for who he truly is, he even said it in Promise.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
        I think when she visited Lex with the engagement ring on, she was talking to a close friend. I don't think she saw him as anything more than that.

She loved the man at the party who she accepted the proposal from. That man was the facade that Lex put on so he could have Lana. Lex knows that Lana could never love him for who he truly is, he even said it in Promise.
        Thank you!
        I said something like that earlier. It isn't like Lana knew anything about the stuff that Lex does, she was just trying to help a friend. Oh no she didn't. Off with her head!

Comment

Originally posted by lissie14
          Thank you!
          I said something like that earlier. It isn't like Lana knew anything about the stuff that Lex does, she was just trying to help a friend. Oh no she didn't. Off with her head!
          How DARE Lana put her hand on Lex's shoulder like that?!! Might as well have had Marvin Gay's 'Let's Get It On' playing in the background! Lana..you freakin WHORE!! ^%*&*!!! *sarcasm* <-- Let me repeat for those who just seem to skip it...*sarcasm*

It amazes me how people can claim that Lana was in love with Lex back in early season five. I've already had this type of argument in the 'almost Clana kiss' thread so I'm not gonna type it all out again, but there IS a difference between comforting a friend and showing romantic affection.

Comment

O kay I want to be the one that points it out!! I WANT TO NOMINATE LANA FOR PRESIDENT!! Maybe she will bring down gas prices!! HA, Clark can bring down my gas any day!! OOOO BaBY I like that !!! BTW LEXY is SEXY too!!

Comment

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
              How DARE Lana put her hand on Lex's shoulder like that?!! Might as well have had Marvin Gay's 'Let's Get It On' playing in the background! Lana..you freakin WHORE!! ^%*&*!!! *sarcasm* <-- Let me repeat for those who just seem to skip it...*sarcasm*

It amazes me how people can claim that Lana was in love with Lex back in early season five. I've already had this type of argument in the 'almost Clana kiss' thread so I'm not gonna type it all out again, but there IS a difference between comforting a friend and showing romantic affection.
              Your sarcasm rocks.

Yep, it's true. But maybe it was supressed passion or something. She knew she wanted him.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMania69
                O kay I want to be the one that points it out!! I WANT TO NOMINATE LANA FOR PRESIDENT!! Maybe she will bring down gas prices!! HA, Clark can bring down my gas any day!! OOOO BaBY I like that !!! BTW LEXY is SEXY too!!

Nah, I don't want Lana to be President because then they CAN blame everything on her

Bring down your gas? You should try Beano, I heard it works wonders.

Comment

I guess if I need Beano then Tom or Micheal can give it to me!! I love them both!!

Comment

Originally posted by lissie14
                    Your sarcasm rocks.

Yep, it's true. But maybe it was supressed passion or something. She knew she wanted him.
                    It was obvious that Lana was intrigued with Lex and what he had to offer. She was intrigued with the black ship and intrigued that he confided that in her, so yes, when she put her hand on Lex's shoulder she was definitely in dangerous territory.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
                      It was obvious that Lana was intrigued with Lex and what he had to offer. She was intrigued with the black ship and intrigued that he confided that in her, so yes, when she put her hand on Lex's shoulder she was definitely in dangerous territory.
                      Lana was intrigued with the spaceship. That is what got them working together. Lana put her hand on Lex's shoulder was a sign of comforting. She didn't full on hug him, which IMO, would have set off a more affectionate vibe.

Comment

Lana has put a lot of people through misery, the annoying part is that it always seems to her that it's not her fault, and that other people make her suffer, so it's kind of difficult to notice how much pain you make other people feel when you are suffering yourself because you think everybody make you suffer...

Comment

Thanks Dor El!

Originally posted by Dor el
                          K-al-L, I like your first post. Welcome. I think, too, that one of Lex's motives in wanting Lana was to stick a knife into Clark's heart, and while he was at it, maybe be able to use Lana to find out Clark's secret.

Not forgotten or overlooked. The moment he got his powers back, he started pulling away from Lana. He had a very difficult decision to make and to execute. He did not really want to let her go, but he wanted her to have a life full of everything she wanted and deserved, and he felt that would never be possible as long as she was with him in a make house sort of way. In his own words"....[this thing with Simone] did something I didn't have the guts to do myself..." that being completely and permanently breaking up with Lana. He could have used the excuse "I didn't know what I was doing...p-a-lease forgive me...let's play house some more..." But, he didn't do that. He broke up with her in a way he knew would let her know it was OVER. And in her words, "forever." Hurtful? Yes. Efficient? Also yes. Was Lana the only one hurt in the deal? Absolutely not! Was Clark being selfish in this? Nope.
                          Thanks for the welcome Dor El! Clark knows the consequences of his secret. In fact, everything that happens in Smallville is related to Clark's origin and powers. We have to pull back the episodes to realize that Pete cared for Clark like a brother and went through hell to keep his secret, to the point that he got too scared of putting Clark in danger by staying close to him. Pete and Lana have paid dearly for it and his father paid the ultimate price for protecting his son. Everyone's been gravely hurt: Lana died the day he told her (not to mention the many times she's been in the hospital because of his secret), then his father died protecting Clark from Lionel when Jor-El gave him his second chance; his mother has suffered his pains alongside him and even Chloe has and a select few who know him have been hurt by it. In Season's 3 Forsaken he couldn't tell Lana his secret because of how he saw it affect Pete.

And other times he's had the opportunity to come clean with Lana, if it's not his secret it's been Lex getting involved by making her believe that Clark is not being honest with her and hiring people like Simone in Hypnotic.....and all really revolving around what....his secret, although that began when Lex really chose to start becoming evil and betray Clark by using Lana. Again, Lex and others have motivated Clark to do whatever it takes to protect the ones he loves. In Promise, Chloe had to make Clark see that Lana needed to know the truth before she married Lex and even Lana agreed by the cellar setup. Neither has been completely guilty or blameless. The people involved with his secret (his blood in the Luthors' hands, the stones, etc.) have kept them all like this. His parents always advised him to be very cautious with his secret and he's really tried. Revealing his secret to Lana (well she finding out actually) was what could have saved her, but Lionel knew that if Lex combined that phantom's DNA with his powerful 33.1 experimental army, not even Clark could ever stop Lex from executing his dark mission.

It wasn't Lana that Alicia took to reveal Clark's secret in Season's 5 Pariah. That's how Chloe had to find out his secret, showing he's really guarded it very well. Lana's strongest connection to his secret was her rescue from the tornado in the 2nd season's premier Vortex, and perhaps maybe the puzzle of his miraculous resurrection in Season 5's Hidden. Otherwise she's seen him bleed, get shot, be as human as everyone else thanks to his mortal period and of course, kryptonite.

Comment

Re: Lana: I would never hurt the man I love

Originally posted by All about Clark
                            What a load of crap! She hurt Clark big-time in Promise when she married Lex. I guess she's now into deceiving herself like Lex does.

UM SHE DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT CLARK IN PROMISE..YOU REAL DUMB..LIKE DID YOU WATCH THE EPISODE??SHE WASN'T GONNA MARRY LEX CAUSE SHE LOVES CLARK..BUT THEN LIONEL THREATENED TO KILL CLARK IF SHE DIDN'T MARRY LEX SOO ACTUALLY SHE WAS PROTECTING CLARK!!! DAMN!!! PEOPLE JUST GOTTA SAY SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT LANA EVEN IN THE SITUATION THERE AINT NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY!... JUST STOP!! ITS GETTING OLD.........

Comment

^This sounds like a child but I'll respond anyways.

Whether Lana meant to or not she caused Clark pain by dating and then marrying Lex regardless of her motives. And it was only Lana who chose to date Lex. That alone hurt Clark. Furthermore, she agreed to marry Lex way before Lionel made his threat, not caring if it hurt Clark. So in the end, she HURT Clark!

Comment

Clark has hurt her too he told her he didn't love her, do u think that didn't hurt. U guys can say it was to protect her. She doesn't know so u can't blaim her for stuff she don't know about. Come on people clark has dumped lana like 2 times. Sure she picked the wrong guy but sometimes u gotta find out things on ur own.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎