No announcement yet.

"Project Ares" aka Project Cadmus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Project Ares" aka Project Cadmus

It was good the first time around DeKnight, when it was on JLU.

Such a lame ripoff of the Project Cadmus arc on Justice League Unlimited, specifically the episodes "Ultimatum" and "Flashpoint". Even right down to the closing shot at the end.
    Last edited by Skywalker; 05-10-2007, 07:00 PM.

So! That was a great story arc. Why can't they borrow from it? People always complain that TPTB don't follow the comics or related properties. When they do...they're blasted for it. Make up your minds people. Its one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
      So! That was a great story arc. Why can't they borrow from it? People always complain that TPTB don't follow the comics or related properties. When they do...they're blasted for it. Make up your minds people. Its one or the other.
      There's a big difference between putting your own spin on it, and flat out ripping off someone else's work.

Enter Lex, Senator Burke, and Wes Keenan. Same story, just forcefed using a few different names. Dont get me wrong, Prototype wasnt as blatant a ripoff as "Mercy" in Season Five, (written by DeKnight as well), but you can definitley see where I'm comin from. And as for complaining about TPTB following the comics, I think its safe to say that there's enough fans, myself included, who gave up on that notion a long time ago.

Comment

Am I the only person who doesn't care if it's a rip-off, as long as it's entertaining?

Comment

Clark attacking Wes with his heat vision is also comparable to Justice League's Justice Lords episode in which Superman lobotomizes Doomsday...

Comment

I think this episode, like some others, are homage to other occurences in comics. Such as the Clark vs Titan battle being similar to Superman vs Doomsday, and this particular episode which is like the lobotomy of Doomsday in two different Justice League Cartoons (one by an alt-earth Superman and later a virtual lobotomy given to Doomsday to train him to hate Superman).

I have _no_ problem with this because Smallville is a live action version of the young Superman story, not the comics or cartoons. So it's going to borrow from them sometimes, and pay tribute (or at least wink and a nod towards) events in other media.

Comment

And JLU Cadmus is a rip-off of comics Cadmus...

Seriously, complaining about something that is canon Lex Luthor?...

Comment

Cadmus Labs back in Season Two?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎