Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Writing. Make Superman a Murderer.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm... I hate always being the one who says this. Clark Isn't Superman yet. Yes, Superman DOesn't Kill. But a tempermental Teen/twentysomething who has not completed his training and has still not become fully aware of his abilities.

Plus, Wes wanted to die, He didn't want to be a weapon used at a rich maniac's whim. He saw what he had become, and lacked the will to keep going. After Watching terminal patients loose the will to live and die, i know that this happens.
    Last edited by Kal-alien; 05-11-2007, 10:03 AM.

Comment

The Superman mythos needs Clark in these types of situations, with villains/bad guys this powerful/competent, more often.

Good episode and good writing.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I wouldn't say he killed Titan. I think Titan died as a result of using his blade and landing the wrong way after receiving the uppercut. He played with fire & got burnt, not Clark's fault.

In this case, Clark fought someone who had no control of his own body while in that state and didn't resort to other means before blasting him with heatvision.

And heatvision did kill him. They mentioned a mini nuke is what killed the soldier in the desert that Ollie encountered. I think the heatvision Clark delivered was very concentrated and had the strength of the fire of a much bigger nuke.

No the Nuke is what got through the forcefeild, as they said in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by bobser
          The Superman mythos needs Clark in these types of situations, with villains/bad guys this powerful/competent, more often.

Good episode and good writing.
          Are you kidding? The comics features characters that could eat these kypto-villains for breakfast on a regular basis and as for the movies, Superman II at least featured villains much more powerful than any we've seen on Smallville except for the Kryptonians themselves.

Timester had it right, one of the defining characteristics of Superman is that he tries to find that third option. It's what makes him stand out from the rank and file of "heroes" who take the easy way out.

Comment

^^^In recent times, not so much.

Superman needs a better rogues gallery and more villains on his level. This goes all the way to Smallville to the next Superman movie.

Just watch. I'll bet the farm's back 40 that most of what you will see in the ads for the next Superman movie will feature one thing; a huge villain that likely outpowers, or is at least equal, to Clark.

There is a better kryptonite. It's called more powerful villains and creative writing.

Comment

Originally posted by bobser
              ^^^In recent times, not so much.

Superman needs a better rogues gallery and more villains on his level. This goes all the way to Smallville to the next Superman movie.

Just watch. I'll bet the farm's back 40 that most of what you will see in the ads for the next Superman movie will feature one thing; a huge villain that likely outpowers, or is at least equal, to Clark.

There is a better kryptonite. It's called more powerful villains and creative writing.
              Uh?

The comics is full of super-powered beings at Clark's level and he doesn't go rampage killing them.

Has anyone forgot that Clark has super-breathing and super-speed? It seems so.

Comment

Apparently the writers have.

Comment

Well, as is my usual opinion to Clark (not Superman) taking out a bad guy without going crazy killing-machine on him (does anyone think Clark knew for sure his heat vision was gonna kill this guy? why would he know that since the guy was obviously pretty equal to him?) - I really just don't care. If we start seeing vigilante Clark killing on purpose then call me and I'll give you my own personal whiny opinion, 'til then. boohoo.

Comment

The biggest problem of today's episode was the fact that Clark saw using his heat vision as the only alternative. Not once did he try & reason with the guy. E.g. use his super breath to take the guy away from him or Superspeed to avoid the guy (EX RAY VISION!!!)

Clark also knew through Lois that The Protype still had a conscence because first it did not kill Lois. Second yes the Prototype isn't human & did die but so did Cyborg & yet Clark was able to help him.

OK Clark isn't Superman. But made him Superman was the princibles that he was raised up with thanks supposedly by Johnathan & Martha!! THEY TAUGHT HIM TO ALWAYS LOOK TO OTHER WAYS EXCEPT KILLING!!!

Actually The Prototype was no threat to Clark, yes he had Titan's strength but look what Clark did to Titan!!!

Yes he could go invisible but Clark has X-RAY VISION (AKA bad writing)

Clark could have at the moment grabbed it or deflected it (SUPERBREATH) or avoided it (SUPERSPEED) & then warned the Prototype that there was no way it would win!!!

But there was no reasoning he just struck, maybe not knowing it would kill him but intentionally wanting to injure someone THIS ISN'T SUPERMAN BEHAVIOUR OR HOW HE WAS BROUGHT UP ON THE KENT FARM!!!

What everyone has to remember when dealing with Superman is that he stands for TRUTH & JUSTICE BUT HE IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW!!!

This is the huge difference between Superman & Batman & why in the comics they don't get along because whilst Batman may feel that the actions justify the needs & will feel he needs to go above the law. Superman though will always want there to be an alternative to simply ending someone's life because SUPERMAN REPRESENTS EVERYONE, he is the person who saves cats from trees (SUPERMAN THE MOVIE) & takes care of the local bully (SUPERMAN II) he doesn't just stop guys who want to destroy the world he helps everyday people like you & me!!!!

And no this isn't Jor-El training THIS IS HOW HE WAS BROUGHT UP ON THE KENT FARM & YES EVEN ON SMALLVILLE!!!

Actually in the films & Smallville Jor-El was against Superman revealing himself & advised him that he couldn't save everybody but he tries anyhow because of HOW HE WAS RAISED AT THE KENT FARM!!!

So I advise that people really look into the comics & films & actually study the Superman character (even his Smallville years) before condoning Smallville's KILLERMAN as 'Oh well he isn't Superman yet so it's ok!!!

NO IT'S NOT!!!

COS THE KENT'S DIDN'T RAISE HIM THAT WAY!!!!
                    Last edited by blackcelebration; 05-11-2007, 03:28 PM.

Comment

It was self defense anyone would do the same thing. Wes could have killed Clark then went after the rest of the world. Clark had no other choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypton935
                        It was self defense anyone would do the same thing. Wes could have killed Clark then went after the rest of the world. Clark had no other choice.
                        Sorry but Wes posed Clark zero threat.

Everytime Clark has faced a Krypto freak the fight goes as followed...

Krypto Freak uses power Clark is hurt for one second then hits Krypto Freak who gets knocked out & then ends up in Belle Reeve.

Actually what people need to realise is that other than Kryptonite & by theory a being as powerful as Superman (Yes Doomsday killed Superman but later he came back!!!) NOTHING CAN KILL HIM!!!

Did Clark ever even think about walking through the sheild yes it would hurt but NOT KILL HIM!!!

Actually the biggest threat Clark has faced in Smallville are his fellow Kryptonian's & even then it could be argued whether or not they could kill him (Watch Superman II where he fights to a stand still with THREE Kryptonian's)!!!

And before people say Titan look at what Clark did to that guy with not even 1% of his potential!!!

Admittingly he is yet to have any training & may not know this knowledge but... his moral upbringing at the Kent s would have made his action towards Wes a last resort!!!

AKA LAZY WRITING!!!!

And how was Clark gonna die A KNIFE???

Sorry but the only difference between this FREAK & others was that this one had many powers whilst others had one & we all saw the effects those powers had on Clark... ZERO!!!
                        Last edited by blackcelebration; 05-11-2007, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Superman got help in coming back, and doomsday came back as well.

Wes was supposed to have Titans level of strength, maybe even a little stronger since he sent clark flying way farther then titan did.

At point, at the speed wes was moving which is supposed to be equivalent to Bart Allens, and the height and potential strength of the thrust, that plus him being a seasoned soldier, he did pose a threat to clark.

Maybe not doomsday large, but still one to worry about.

Comment

Well, to this audience Clark is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Clark keeps saving Lex and Lex kills others and everyone has a problem with that. Clark takes down Titan and Wes and everyone has a problem with that. Exactly how is Clark suppose to win. And at what point, is a dangerous criminal allowed to live to kill again. I actually believe Clark has to weight the situation. Because Wes was as powerful as Titan. Wes was really no longer human. I believe that Clark would protect a regular human with his life, but that's not who he was fighting today.

I'm also sick of the lazy writing comment. If you have a better idea well then please tell it, because I would really like to know an option Clark had that would have been successful. I don't want to hear maybe, I want results. hehe thinking of Lex

Comment

Originally posted by Mischael12
                              Superman got help in coming back, and doomsday came back as well.

Wes was supposed to have Titans level of strength, maybe even a little stronger since he sent clark flying way farther then titan did.

At point, at the speed wes was moving which is supposed to be equivalent to Bart Allens, and the height and potential strength of the thrust, that plus him being a seasoned soldier, he did pose a threat to clark.

Maybe not doomsday large, but still one to worry about.
                              Sorry but he was a Krypto Freak with multiple abilties (Plus the strength of Titan). And watch all of the Krypto Freak episodes to see just how big of a threat they were to Clark!!!

ZERO!!!

And watch Combat again & other than the Spike (Again you could argue that the spike would not kill him & if not then Titan would be a zero threat) but in Combat Titan get one hell of a beating. Tough guy??? yes.... Match for Clark...? NO!!!

Of course there is the BDA theory

But I am more against a series that tries to portray a future Superman who grew up thinking killing was ok as long as it stopped the bad guy & was for the greater good... THAT'S BATMAN NOT SUPERMAN!!!!

Superman, as I said in a previous post is a mixture of Kent principles (Doing right, giving people a chance, EVERYONE HAS GOOD IN THEM) & Jor-El (Disapline, not letting human emotions get the best of you) & it's an easy guess to which part of Superman Clark is yet to (OR SHOULD) need developing before he can wear the suit!!!

CLARK DID NOT GROW UP IN SMALLVILLE OR THE COMIC'S THINKING THAT KILLING WAS OK AS LONG AS IT WAS FOR THE GENERAL GOOD!!!!

CLARK WOULD ALWAYS REASON WITH SOMEONE BEFORE EVEN FIGHTING SOMEONE BECAUSE OF HIS KENT MORALS!!!

Clark has God-like powers & abilties ok he's a BDA but even by now he should have been able to work out that even if Wes was tough that Clark should survive (WES DID NOT HAVE ANY KRYPTONITE IF HE DID CLARK WOULD HAVE BEEN WEAKENED AS SOON AS HE WENT NEAR HIM!!!!)

So Wes was zero threat!!!!

The silliest thing was that Clark didn't Superspeed Lois away to safety (A very Superman thing to do) & then return to face Wes. He just left her there & he was lucky she wasn't used as a human sheild!!!

OK he's a BDA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackcelebration
                                The silliest thing was that Clark didn't Superspeed Lois away to safety (A very Superman thing to do) & then return to face Wes. He just left her there & he was lucky she wasn't used as a human sheild!!!
                                C'mon now, of course that's the Superman thing to do, but Smallville's Clark can't have everybody knowing his secret.

That's why I propose he wear a simple ski mask everytime he goes out. A simple disguise, yet good enough to conceal his identity. He'd be free to utilize all of his powers whenever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎