Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Writing. Make Superman a Murderer.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superman is about the third option. He ALWAYS find a way to stop the villians without killing them.

And about the BS that Superman killed alot in the comics. He killed only ONCE, and it was the pocket-universe Zod, after this have destroyed pocket-Earth. And even the writers regretted of ever doing it, sending Clark on an exile to deep space.

I agree with the "lazy writing".

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
      Superman is about the third option. He ALWAYS find a way to stop the villians without killing them.

And about the BS that Superman killed alot in the comics. He killed only ONCE, and it was the pocket-universe Zod, after this have destroyed pocket-Earth. And even the writers regretted of ever doing it, sending Clark on an exile to deep space.

The whole point of having almost omni-potent powers IS to find the 3rd option like you said.
      Clark is powerful enough and smart enough ( regardless of what the writers make him out to be) to find away.
      They just don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlark Kent
        As soon as it happened I thought, "I can't wait to see the Superman doesn't kill" thread.

1. Clark isn't Superman.
        2. Superman doesn't kill humans. Super-alien hybrids are on their own.
        Hey, but some part of Wes was human. The funny thing about that is Clark felt no remorse whatsoever and yet when he killed Titan (who was 110% alien btw) he was so full of it......

How do u explain that.... ? Huh ?

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_LEX
          yeah... actually... the forcefield protected wes from the heat vision and he didnt die from the heat vision itself, he dies because it caused an error in his programming or whatever Lex did to him. so you could say clark was indirectly responsible for wes's death but you can blame lex too. i wouldnt say Clark killed him, he stopped him and in doing so the effect caused a problem with wes and then he died... so alright
          I agree..

I don't think clark killed Wes.. I think he broke the force field and hurt him.. then I remember Wes gabbing about protocals etc.. my husband and I thought he was going to blow up.. I really believe it was a shut down process that killed him so he wouldn't fight past the point of salvagible use.. jmo..
          Last edited by nickyjean_1; 05-11-2007, 06:30 AM.

Comment

okay but in superman canon, villians have died trying to fight superman, and superman used his powers to defend himself, and during the battle the villian does die.
            not like he killed him on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by nickyjean_1
              I agree..

I don't think clark killed Wes.. I think he broke the force field and hurt him.. then I remember Wes gabbing about protocals etc.. my husband and I thought he was going to blow up.. I really believe it was a shut down process that killed him so he wouldn't fight past the point of salvagible use.. jmo..
              There is nothing like Clark hitting him half half....

Clark hit him with full force to equal a nuclear blast so he knew what he was doing.... It was murder.....

Comment

Didn't Superman kill Doomsday?

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                  Didn't Superman kill Doomsday?
                  He stopped Doomsday. It was a "until-the-death" fight because, one, the JLA was destroyed earlier by Doomsday, two, Doomsday was in Metropolis. And Clark tried every single trick to stop Doomsday.

It's lazy writing that Smallville Clark gave up so easily and went for the "easy" way.

Comment

I completely agree and I think that the reason for a lot of this type of writing is the unfortunate tendancy of people today to be blase' about killing. All the big comic characters today kill and every one cheers them on. I was browsing through a comics forum the other day and ran across a thread talking about the "biggest" villain in comics. I laughed out loud when I read one post where the poster stated that he thought Wolverine should have been added to list because when you thought about it he had probably murdered more people than all of the others put together.

I still remember the line from "Kingdom Come" where Magog states "They chose the hero who would kill over the one who wouldn't and look what it got them..."

Superman isn't Superman because of his powers or his costume, but because of his character. Developmentally speaking you've already developed your character long before you get to the age Clark supposedly is now, so yeah, he is already Superman. His mom just hasn't made his suit yet.

There are plenty of super powered individuals in comics. The thing that makes "Superman" marketable is his personal character including his ideals and inspiration. I know it's just a TV show, but if you're not going to stick to the character of the person the show is about and what sold it as a show to begin with then why bother?

Comment

He stopped Doomsday. It was a "until-the-death" fight because, one, the JLA was destroyed earlier by Doomsday, two, Doomsday was in Metropolis. And Clark tried every single trick to stop Doomsday.

It's lazy writing that Smallville Clark gave up so easily and went for the "easy" way.
                      Really? I never read the one where Supe dies. I thought I might find it too depressing.

Comment

If he didn’t kill Wes then Wes would have murdered Lois and Clark would have been part of that for not defending her.

Comment

The doomsday death, is (SPOILERS)

They both struck each other, SUperman using two hands, and doomsday using one if i remember correctly.

Comment

I do agree that this was lazy writing.. but the idea that Clark murdered him isn't something I see.. I realize that clark did something really powerful and dangerous by burning through the field w/ a nuclear powered heat vision.. but that's all it did.. Chloe said that it took that kind of power to get through the force field not to kill or contain the other guy they were stopping.. I can't remember if the GA gang killed their "target" but they only mentioned getting past the field..

It's bad writing and there's no denying it.. but do I thinking that Clark protecting himself to the best of his ability knowing that it might kill the guy.. I mean it's always a possiblity that clark can kill someone but in this case, not really (because with all the krypton powers Clark could have survived it so there was a chance not an absolute).. Do I think in any way that Clark used excessive force, no...

This is why I'm so sure it was a shut down program that it was more important that the 'asset' be preserved then the mission be completed.. bc Lex was already on top of extraction and already had back ups.. showing to me that the asset itself was disposable..

Comment

Originally posted by petewillreturn
                              If he didn’t kill Wes then Wes would have murdered Lois and Clark would have been part of that for not defending her.
                              Clark/Superman is all about looking for the best alternative. He's supposed to think things through. That's what the fuss is all about......Lazy writing, as previously stated.

Comment

I read someone else say that Clark could have easily moved out of the way of Wes coming at him, so he would'nt have to fry him. Well, that's obviously true, but in reality what's Clark gonna do, run away from Wes forever? C'mon, Lois was still in there. If he would have ran away, he'd be feeding Lois to the lions. What kind of Superman runs away and let's innocents get killed? Right, Clark did exactly what he had to to stop Wes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎