Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Writing. Make Superman a Murderer.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't the first time Clark has accidentally killed one of his villains. Sadly, I'm not suprised Clark killed Wes. And he didn't even fight Wes for that long. Clark just went straight for the heat vision.

Comment

i just think that Superman is actually not that great besides the fact that a lil rock can kill him (but never really kills him).

he is always getting thrown like 30 ft in the air with one punch...
      in the scene where the prototype is killed. Superman gets hit, didnt even use xray vision to find West, thrown 30ft in the air lands stares at a random point. Luckily finds West going at him to kill him in mid air and just gives a really mean glare that throws fire and boom the guy is dead.

..... no comments :d

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
        You can't get on Clark for this. It was either him or the Keenan, one was going to die. Plus, what Clark did was defend himself. Keenan was coming at him with a knife, what exactly was Clark suppose to do?
        I agree.

And once again - this is not Superman - it's Superman-in-Training as in Clark is on the way to becoming Superman and so he's still not got everything down yet - he hasn't even finished his training yet. He's still on a learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.
          i just think that Superman is actually not that great besides the fact that a lil rock can kill him (but never really kills him).

he is always getting thrown like 30 ft in the air with one punch...
          in the scene where the prototype is killed. Superman gets hit, didnt even use xray vision to find West, thrown 30ft in the air lands stares at a random point. Luckily finds West going at him to kill him in mid air and just gives a really mean glare that throws fire and boom the guy is dead.

..... no comments :d
          I expected him to use x-ray vision to find him. If he killed him after really attempting to stop him all other ways, I wouldn't be so against it. I think the episode focused too much on Lois' relationship with Wes rather than Clark vs. Wes, which is what I was expecting. Again shipping is made more important than action scenes.

Comment

yeah... actually... the forcefield protected wes from the heat vision and he didnt die from the heat vision itself, he dies because it caused an error in his programming or whatever Lex did to him. so you could say clark was indirectly responsible for wes's death but you can blame lex too. i wouldnt say Clark killed him, he stopped him and in doing so the effect caused a problem with wes and then he died... so alright

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              You can't get on Clark for this. It was either him or the Keenan, one was going to die. Plus, what Clark did was defend himself. Keenan was coming at him with a knife, what exactly was Clark suppose to do?
              The knife was kryptonite laced?

Or did Keenan's power make it possible for him to stab Clark?

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_LEX
                yeah... actually... the forcefield protected wes from the heat vision and he didnt die from the heat vision itself, he dies because it caused an error in his programming or whatever Lex did to him. so you could say clark was indirectly responsible for wes's death but you can blame lex too. i wouldnt say Clark killed him, he stopped him and in doing so the effect caused a problem with wes and then he died... so alright
                Way to think things through! So in a way....Clark saved Wes.

Comment

The guy was no longer human, More machine than human. He killed Titan and felt badly about it too so I guess you are saying that he shouldn't kill the phantoms and allow them to kill all the humans they want?

Superman never had to deal with freaks like this. In the movies didn't he just deal with bad human guys with no powers?

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    Blame the writers for putting him in a crap situation again. It's a mockery that Clark can't kill Lex when he has superpowers and Zod is about to be unleashed but kills someone who wasn't as big a threat as Zod.
                    yessssss....
                    it was a poor fight and clearly a mis match no matter how much Clark thought Wes was Titan like.

Comment

YAY I am Lex! I have someone that agrees with me. Clark's kill count is still at zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
                        The guy was no longer human, More machine than human. He killed Titan and felt badly about it too so I guess you are saying that he shouldn't kill the phantoms and allow them to kill all the humans they want?

Superman never had to deal with freaks like this. In the movies didn't he just deal with bad human guys with no powers?
                        I wouldn't say he killed Titan. I think Titan died as a result of using his blade and landing the wrong way after receiving the uppercut. He played with fire & got burnt, not Clark's fault.

In this case, Clark fought someone who had no control of his own body while in that state and didn't resort to other means before blasting him with heatvision.

And heatvision did kill him. They mentioned a mini nuke is what killed the soldier in the desert that Ollie encountered. I think the heatvision Clark delivered was very concentrated and had the strength of the fire of a much bigger nuke.

Comment

Oh brother. Stop the whining. In the comics Supes has killed many times. When Clark is put in a no win situation when his life is in jeopardy its kill or be killed.

Comment

look at it this way.. superman has to have a reason not to kill as he does... maybe the show is showing him in his earlier teen angst and rage days where it was harder for him to control his emotions... (all of 6 seasons worth)

maybe he will learn that lesson soon and we will all find out here soon why superman goes out of his way not to kill his opponents. (smallville style)

Comment

Originally posted by Deana
                              The knife was kryptonite laced?

Or did Keenan's power make it possible for him to stab Clark?
                              My guess is that his powers would've enabled him to stab Clark. Clark said that he thought that Keenan was strong like Titan. Perhaps Clark could've moved out of the way from Keenan rather than zapping him with the heat vision, but I think the point was that Clark was protecting himself and he didn't mean to kill him. When someone dies on this show from Clark's powers, it's always going to be a sticky situation. That's the bottom line, the villain has to die somehow and he can't just kill himself all of the time which is basically what Titan did.

Comment

The mini-nuke broke through the force field.

As well remember they slowed things down for us to see, but at the speed keenan was moving, it at the least equaled Clarks. As well since Keenan showed strength enough to send Clark flying back like that, and in a confrontation of Clark against a seasoned Soldier...I'd go with the soldier.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎