Collapse
No announcement yet.

How EVIL was Lex in this episode???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ What about the guards in Sections A-G? Hehe.
    He specifically said "bring in some fresh guards" ... which means that the other ones were dead. And he wanted fresh ones so that Wes could go and kill another whole batch. That was definitely for fun. He wanted to relish in the results of what he created.

Evil, evil Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by niki
      ^ What about the guards in Sections A-G? Hehe.
      He specifically said "bring in some fresh guards" ... which means that the other ones were dead. And he wanted fresh ones so that Wes could go and kill another whole batch. That was definitely for fun. He wanted to relish in the results of what he created.

Evil, evil Lex.
      Um no, he said Wes had disabled his guards, not killed them. They were probably hurt but not dead. With Wes' capabilities, it would have been no problem for him to just knock those gurads around, like Clark does.
      Why would Lex want to kill his guards, bad PR for him, and news would get around that working for Lex will likely get you killed
      Last edited by wearetheborg; 05-12-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

When he was testing Wes on the begining of episode.

Wes killed gaurds in facility. Lex reaction?

Lex: Get some fresh guards. I want see him doing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by wilder

Wes killed gaurds in facility. Lex reaction?

NO !!!
          Wes Did Not Kill the guards !!!

Comment

I agree. Wes simply took them out. Taking them out doesn't mean he killed them... He could have just knocked them out. Lex called for fresh guards because the others were worn out from the exercise....

Comment

They killed themselves?

Joke. I to overreact a little. Bad translation.

Satisified? However i still think he is pure evil.

Comment

"Exactly. He has his own reasons to saved Clark and it wasnt friendship.

Lex eliminate enemies in the past, but this time was different. He was using Wes to kill people just for fun. And last scene.

He is pure evil."

Interesting theory. I have a different outlook on Lex. I think that...

1.) He did not save Clark for any ulterior motives. Clark is one of the few things holding him back from being full-out supervillain,

2.) He did not kill the guards just for fun. In fact, we don't KNOW if he killed them. They may have just been severely injured. Nevertheless, I think the Lex of "Smallville" is not the type who just randomly kills because it's pleasurable to him. No, that's more Joker style of killing. I think Lex thinks the ends justify the means. He was doing that as a test because he thinks Wes needs to be tested before he fights this "war" against meteor freaks.

That's just my perspective on him though. Anyways, I think he's pretty close to pure evil now. Only a few things stand in the way of this:

1.) Clark: since day one, no matter how dark Lex has gotten, he has never had the heart to truly try to hurt or kill Clark. Clark represents the side of Lex that still wants to be good, and so he doesn't want to take that away just yet.

2.) Lana: while she may not hold him back much, I think Lex really believes in some twisted way that he loves Lana. I don't think he'd kill her, even if she tells him that she doesn't love him. I don't think he has the heart to try to have her murdered, which shows that he still DOES have a heart, even if it's minuscule.

3.) Lionel: Lex is clearly still somewhat afraid of his father, and deep down, probably still craves his affection. He does not have the heart (or lack-thereof) to kill Lionel yet, but I think whatever happens in the season finale may set up for a final war between the two Luthors where only one of them will come out alive next season. And we know who that has to be.

So, I don't think he's all-out evil. I don't think he'd be like Kevin Spacey's Lex yet (where he has absolutely no problem with killing millions, no BILLIONS, for his own goals), and I think he still feels guilt about things, but he's really lost most of his humanity this season, and I can't wait to see how he'll lose it all next year.

Comment

He is purely evil...I love it

Comment

Originally posted by wilder
                    They killed themselves?

Where are we told in the episode that the guards got killed ?

Comment

Originally posted by wearetheborg
                      Where are we told in the episode that the guards got killed ?
                      Besides' Lex's request for more guards, I do not think that the guards were mentioned at allf or the rest of the episode.

Thier fates are unknown- Wes- Prototype could have simply disabled them or killed them. Unfourtanately, it is unlikely that we will find out in the finale with all the drama going on.

Although a simple line of dialogue about 'The Protypes promise with the demonstration' could clear it up for us.

Comment

Lex still has a long way to go to be that uber-evil we all want him to be, step-by-step I guess.

Personally I would like to see him more controlling and manipulative, like his old man was/can be.

As it is, he is coming off as cold hearted and focus, which is a cheap excuse for playing the "is he evil or is he misunderstood" card.

We can only hope it gets better.

Comment

I don't think it matters whether the guards died or not. Lex purposely placed their lives in jeapardy. He knew they were too hurt to go a second round so he asked for fresh ones.

And I still think the only reason Lex saved Clark was that Lex couldn't move the grating on his escape from the tunnels by himself and came back for Clark in order to help him get out.

So Lex is evil enough he doesn't care about human life.

And Lex's motives for building this super army is to rule the world, he even made a comment about it in Season 1 at the museum. He can rule through presidency or he can rule by power, I don't think he cares which way succeeds as long as at least one way works. Lex only states it's to protect humans, what he really means is protecting himself and nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎