TV ratings for Prototype

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. They got sucked into the PZ when Clark opened the portal. Him opening it created a vaccum. Phantoms escaped. Viewers got sucked in.

Will Clark save them? Tune in next week. Same SV time, same SV channel.

Comment

I only hope so.

But yeah, ratings are down for most shows.

Comment

I know bout the declining but you have to take in account that after Promise we got the biggest fall and the show never recovered for it. So I think the problem is the show and its stupid boring storylines that make you feel like trapped in a vicious circle.

Comment

I can offer one little reason why TV shows may have a decline in viewers:
          Practically all my friends watch TV shows on their computer. Not really TV anymore, is it? Hehe. They miss a show, they know they can catch it online, either on Youtube, or on the offical website of NBC or whatnot, or they download a torrent et voila -- there's the show, without any commercials, for their enjoyment.

I've only done that a couple of times, but I know a lot of people who go out for the night and miss all their shows, only to watch them when they get back at 3 in the morning heh. So that might be one explanation for the drop of viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by 98chase
            Gilmore Girls is ending after this season. I think the CW should move Smallville to that time slot. Smallville should be shown on Tuesdays again, like it was during it's first two seasons.
            I actually liked it on wednesdays.....there is practically no competition on the other networks.
            Anyway, moving it to thursdays was a bad idea, IMO.

Comment

I agree.. there's way too much tv on Thursday! Moving it to 8oclock Tuesday isn't so bad... but I think the network isn't willing to put a new show into the Thursday slot cause it'll just do poorly among its competition. So if the network is looking at the bigger picture, it's better to leave smallville on thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by monel49
                Soap opera focus instead of super hero focuse seems to be the reason for the decline. The show was going somewhere with the Martian Manhunter, Justice League, etc, and this past episode wasn't bad in getting things pointed in that direction again. I've enjoyed this season, but when you ignore the Superman mythos, you do so at your own peril. I would have enjoyed the season more if they would have stuck to that. Maybe Tom Welling had other things to do and places to be but does anyone else notice how little screen time he really has. Having him rush in and save Chloe or proclaim his love to Lana is just not going to be enough for Superman fans. Love this show, but it needs to be tweaked back to perfection. Focus on the mythos, then watch the ratings grow.
                I agree, they could have done so much with the zoners,the FOS, Clark's training, 33.1, and the jla, but they went to a soap format.

Comment

I think Wednesday at 8 would also be a good time slot. No competition, really. At least not as much as Tuesday (Idol) and Thursday (Survivor).

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                    I think Wednesday at 8 would also be a good time slot. No competition, really. At least not as much as Tuesday (Idol) and Thursday (Survivor).
                    I agree. Does anyone remember the reason why they moved it to Thursdays???

I remember people considered that a death sentence at the time.

Comment

It was moved from Wednesday because it was airing against Lost in season 4 and the executives thought that was the reason for the ratings decline.

That was three years ago. They still can't figure out that good stories get better audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                        It was moved from Wednesday because it was airing against Lost in season 4 and the executives thought that was the reason for the ratings decline.

That was three years ago. They still can't figure out that good stories get better audiences.
                        Aaaah, I completely forgot about 'Lost' that's true.....

But wednesday 8 PM would be a good slot, no?

Comment

Fresh story lines they keep people coming back is the only way to make a show popular, more so when the show breaks the 5 year mark and the characters are "established".
                          The "freshly squeezed" smell is gone and the show must go on based on new and exciting story lines that showcase WHY people want to see the show.

Character progression is needed in dramas, this is not comedy.

Comment

The problem with Wednesday, I believe, is that every show wants that night @ 8. As you can see ANTM flies high with over 6 million viewers during that timeslot. I doubt they want to give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                              Character progression is needed in dramas, this is not comedy.
                              Unfortunately we're not getting any of that.

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                              As you can see ANTM flies high with over 6 million viewers during that timeslot.
                              That depresses me everytime I read it......
                              Man, what has the world become?!?

Comment

oh deer..
                                I got bored today and decided to watch ugly betty just too see if maybe that was pulling people away....you know I think it just might be it wasn't bad i enjoyed it ***shh shh
                                I don't like te story line in smallville which i hear all the time.... new cute show adds up to disaster

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎