Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Prototype?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent episode

OMG, i loved this episode so much. i just wish the UK would hurry up and start showing season 6 on tv. ive had to download them all off the net cos I wanted to see this season asap.

i thought maybe the fight between wes and clarke might have lasted a bit longer. but we cant get everything we wish for.

i cant wait now for the finale. im so excited. cant contain myself. lol.

im assuming then its gonna be clarke vs 33.1 super freak drones then for th finale? does anyone know if the Justice League make an appearence in the last episode? wud be so good if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo
      AAARRRGGHHH for god's sakes man you've got x-ray vision and super hearing so invisibility is not a problem to you!!

7/10
      Its only a problem for the writers it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
        Its only a problem for the writers it seems.
        Yes or the SFX budget. But you can easily portray those abilities without showing the fancy graphics.

Comment

The episode did not keep in trend with the previous episodes which i have enjoyed.....the actual events the episode was based on i liked the idea of...its just the story and acting let it down.
          It seemed to be routine in a way....nothing really stood out for me in this episode. It was all decent viewing i guess but nothing special, and for one of the last episodes of the season i think it could have been much better.

The satelite looked alarmingly fake also......still i give it a 6, cos i can't give a 5.5

Comment

I did enjoy the episode....

Comment

It was an alright episode...nothing too suprising in it for me. 7/10

Comment

I like this episode. I like that Lois was investigating this story and that we got some clues to her past. I also liked the scenes between Clark/Lois/Chloe and Martha/Clark/Lois.

Comment

the episode where clark killed wes keenan this gets a 2/10 how many times has clark "accidentally" killed on this show ? its becoming absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

This episode was great but not on my top.Liked the plot,the prototype.But this was really pointless

Comment

• it was great

Comment

• It was kinda dumb that the prototype was untrackable. The doctor said it was "part of his design". Well sorry doc but building a multi million dollar weapon should require you to be able to keep tabs on it no matter where it is.

Comment

• I thought this was an awesome episode. The only thing that could have made it better was if they had a longer Clark/Wes fight. After reading the reviews, I'm not sure where the hate for this episode comes from. I thought it was a perfect set-up for the finale.

9 out of 10

Comment

It needed a much more intense fight between Clark and Wes as it was all just a little too easy. Yes Clark got thrown around the barn and the military base, but he never took a beating and never had to dish out one either. I realise he, like Lois, was looking for the person behind the machine rather than the machine itself but that didn't need to be shown at the exclusion of a good to-and-fro battle.

Clark did however see a more caring side to Lois and that is an important aspect of their relationship going forward. She clearly cared about Wes and was trying her hardest to get him to break out of his brainwashing. She succeeded to a certain extent because he remembered her. I'm sure that his memories would have been triggered sooner had it been his wife instead of Lois, but it ties in with Lois' claim to Clark that she and Wes used to be close. I don't think Erica portrayed Lois' sadness at the end quite as well as she might, and that might be to do with the slightly corny dialogue she was given for that moment. Her emoting got A LOT better in later seasons.

The writers have made a real mess of Chloe working at the DP. She never seems to talk to anybody unless Clark (or occasionally Lois, Lana or Jimmy) drops by, and even then she only ever looks into things that Clark wants her to help him with. She's never shown to be doing anything productive for the DP and it makes you wonder why she continues to be employed by them. In contrast, Lois is frequently shown to be doing some investigative reporting for the Inquisitor regardless of whether the story is trivial or important, and whether or not it's wise for her to be snooping around. She's doing what her character is supposed to be doing.

Meanwhile, Lex's descent into pure evil continues apace.
                            Last edited by Bally; 03-09-2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• 33,1 was introduced at the end of the season four episode "Jinx" and this episode saw the culmination of Lex's experiments on meteor freaks, with the fourth Project Ares prototype. It's a nice pay-off to a longrunning plot. I like that Lex justifies his experiments by insisting that the world is seeing an increase of metahumans, with him focusing on the criminals and believes that this project is the only thing that'll save the world. Even Keenan joined Project Ares, because he believed its purpose was to help American soldiers. Both men had good intentions, but they both ended up as villains. Lex especially isn't a cartoon villain.

The episode also sees Martha take the leap from state senator to United States senator. Even if it was just the writers way to write her off the show, it's a nice bit of character development. Over the course of the show, she's gone from a housewife/farmer to an administrative assistent, to the manager of a coffee shop, to a state senator and now a United States senator.

I appreciate the inclusion of Donovan Jamison (who appeared in the Chloe Chronicles) and them referencing the other Ares prototype, who appeared in Justice & Doom. It's nice to see them acknowledge the tie-in material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bally
                                The writers have made a real mess of Chloe working at the DP. She never seems to talk to anybody unless Clark (or occasionally Lois, Lana or Jimmy) drops by, and even then she only ever looks into things that Clark wants her to help him with. She's never shown to be doing anything productive for the DP and it makes you wonder why she continues to be employed by them. In contrast, Lois is frequently shown to be doing some investigative reporting for the Inquisitor regardless of whether the story is trivial or important, and whether or not it's wise for her to be snooping around. She's doing what her character is supposed to be doing.
                                I think the character became a bit of a problem, as the show went on. If they were to do an animated revival for the DC streaming service, I could see them leaving her out of it. And I'm not even talking about the stuff that's going on with Mack (even if that'll ensure that they won't include her). I'm talking about what the character would actually do. When the show started, Chloe was a Lois Lane stand-in, who did all of these investigations. Putting Clark on the track of dangers, that he had to stop. She also had all of these useful connections (which seems to have dried up, after HS). As the show went on, not only did they introduce the actual Lois Lane (and have her become an investigative reporter), but Clark himself becomes a reporter in S8. So, there is no need for another reporter, to help Clark. Not only does he have Lois, but Clark is himself a reporter. So, he should be able to do investigative journalism himself.

In this episode, Clark got information on Wes Keenan from Martha (through her political contacts) and Lois (through her personal connection to Wes). What did Chloe do? Inform Clark about Wes being linked to Jodi Keenan (something Clark should've been able to figure out on his own (or, at least, suspected), as they have the same last name). Call Oliver and get some info (some reason Clark couldn't have done that himself?). Point out that Sam Lane's been stationed at the base, where Wes grew up. Clark had already noted where Wes grew up and it would've been a logical first place to look. Making Chloe's line rather pointless. Even in the S5 episode "Oracle", they had Chloe point out that something was less than a mile from the Kent Farm. Surely, Clark knows what lies less than a mile from where he's lived his whole life. It just comes across like a desperate attempt to keep the character relevant, while making Clark come across as dumb in the process.

She's Clark's confidant (allowing him to speak openly about his activities), but as there are many others (Martha, Lois, Lana, the Justice League and a few others) who knows Clark's secret, she becomes reduntant. Unless it concerns something, that happened in HS, why couldn't he talk to one of them?

She's the girl from back home. But, as Lois also lived in Smallville for years, she's also the girl from back home. If Clark wants to be nostalgic, he could just go to Lois.

After they dropped the journalism angle, they had Chloe become Watchtower and try to set up the "Watchtower Network" (as the S11 comic identifies it as). Which Tess easily took over in seasons 10 and 11. Not to mention, at the end of the S11 comic, the Watchtower Network is seemingly disbanded, with Clark, Tess, Oliver, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman founding the Justice League. So, she wasn't setting up the actual Justice League (nor was she a founding member of the team she was setting up). I'd also like to argue that the role of Watchtower isn't a big deal. Sure, it can be useful in alerting superheroes about problems they need to handle, but then what? Watchtower alerts Superman about a volcanic eruption, somewhere in the world, then he handles it. There is nothing for Watchtower to do, during the actual mission. The Arrowverse have tried to solve that problem and it just serves to make the hero(es) come across as stupid, as they're portrayed as being unable to do anything, without instructions over the radio. Even stuff that would be obvious.

Even if you need someone, who could alert the heroes, the role could be filled by anyone. A returning Barbara Gordon (no longer part of the Blue Lantern Corps), who sets up her Oracle persona. Tess Mercer. Another A.I.. Members of the Justice League on a rotating schedule of monitor duty. They could introduce Sue Dibny (who handled monitor duties during the days of the Justice League Europe). And, if the problem's in Metropolis, Clark's super hearing should alert him.

In the "Finale", Chloe was never shown to interact with Oliver Queen, in 2018. Making it entirely possible that they got divorced somewhere between 2012 and 2018. Meaning that Oliver would be able to show up, without Chloe.
                                Last edited by jon-el87; 04-24-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎