Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Last

I've been gone a while.

Story: At Last

Clark has completed his training with Jor-El. It has been six long years at the Fortress without seeing or talking to another being, mostly human. He and Lana have never met. The story begins….

Chapter I
    Homeward bound

In a far region of the frozen tundra a figures stands outside the monolithic structure know to him as the Fortress of Solitude. He turns and walks back in. Jor-El’s voice is heard. “My son, many things have changed since you were last among the humans. The Kents have never given up hope. You are ready. They wait for you my son, go to them.”

With that said, the man who is to be known as Superman takes to the sky with the speed of a ballistic missile. It has been six long years of constant training with his biological father, now; it is time for him to spent time with his human parents Martha and Jonathan Kent. He is eager to see them again and catch-up on everything he has missed since he left Smallville. The costume Jor-El designed is starting to grow on him. He did not think much of the red cape but it is rather slick. He understands his place in this world but how is he going to disguise his identity. “I will cross that bridge when I get there.” he thought.

Instead of taking the direct route home from the North Pole, he decides to travel upward so he can view the earth from above; he exits the Earth’s stratosphere and stops to gaze upon the big blue marvel. The oceans reflect a splendid bright blue colors. The greenery of the Amazon forest is amazing. “Wow! The more I gazed upon this world the more beautiful it becomes to me.” His thought is interrupted by an object flying through the air with flames trailing. Its flight is directly due west of Chile with a South heading. If he does not intervene, the occupants will perish. With his super vision, he can see the Lear jet twisting like a screw as it travels through the air. At super speed, he heads towards the object as he, approached; the vertical stabilizer separates from the fuselage. He wills his body to fly faster catching up to the intact portion of the aircraft slowing it is decent toward the ocean below. With his super hearing, he can hear the deafening panic cries of two females. He guides the fuselage towards the ocean leveling and bouncing it of the water bringing it to rest on the deserted beach. Once again, he employed his super hearing…the two females move about the cabin asking each other if they are OK. “Chloe, are you OK”?

Chloe replies, “Yes Lana, but how in the world did we survive? I thought for sure we were goners…I mean, the plane has no wings…how…how did we end up on this island”?

Lana replies, “I don’t know Chloe, I don’t know. Maybe we have a guarding Angel.”

Always being the quick whip Chloe exclaims, “I just hope he is cute!” Chloe took notice of the gash on Lana’s forehead. “Lana you have a nasty gash on your forehead. I need to stop the bleeding. Let me look for the first aid kit.”

While Chloe searches for the kit, Lana looks around the cabin. She exclaims, “Chloe the crew is gone!”

Chloe defiantly she turns to look at Lana. “Why am I not surprised…you know it’s was Lex who plan this whole thing. Lana, it was too easy for us to escape his grasp. He knew we were going to exposed him. I am sure he had this all planned to the last detail…we supposedly escape in his jet, he pays the crew who drugged us and then leave the plane on auto pilot while they conveniently exit leaving us to perish. Who is going to find us at the bottom of the ocean?”

Chloe finds the first aid kit and begins to bandage Lana’s wound. Lana could only stare at Chloe and blame herself for their predicament. Chloe is her best friend and has always stood by her, even when she decided to marry the suave Lex who swept her off her feet showering her with expensive gifts and trips around the world. She was a young impressionable college student who was blinded by the thought of being a billionaire’s wife. During the passing months, she learned the truth about Lex. Chloe had warned her but she was too stubborn and so she thought, in love to listen to someone’s advice.

Because of her, Chloe almost lost her life trying to help her escape Lex’s grasp. The two 8 GB flash cards stored in her purse contain all the information she needs to take him down. The bribes, assassinations, the experiments conducted at 33.1 and most importantly, the surveillance video showing Lex pulling the trigger of his silver-plated Colt 45 fatally wounding his father, Lionel. She frantically looked around trying to locate her purse. She realized now more then ever, they may be alive but how is she going to expose Lex, the man responsible who tried to have them erased.

Chloe pressed her face against the window looking about. Outside Clark is analyzing the situation…”I cannot leave them alone on this forsaken Island. There are too many dangers besides; no one would look for them here.” He continues to rationalize…” I cannot expose my self to them as Kal-El. I must find out more about this character Lex and try to help them escape from this island and put that coward were he belongs.”

At super speed, Clark changes to his civilian clothes ripping portions of his shirt and pants to make it look as if he has been on this island for months. With his super vision, he finds the materials needed for construction a shelter. The stage is set. He is ready to meet the two young women.

Chloe turns to Lana with tears in her eyes. “Oh Lana, I do not see anyone, we survived the crash only to die in this casket.” Suddenly, they hear knocking on the side of the aircraft. “Hello! Is anyone in there”? The voice inquired from outside the aircraft.

Chloe turns to Lana and exclaims, “My God Lana, there is someone outside and they are speaking English.” They struggle with the door but are unable to budge it. Clark instructs them to stand back as he tries to open the door. After several attempts, the door is opened and the three meet face to face.

Clark extends his hand to grab Lana’s as she exits the plane. Their eyes meet. Clark's smiles as the beautiful brunet whose greens eyes sparkle with delight at seeing his face stands before him. Chloe exit the plane making grunting sound and says, “Excuse me Adam and Eve but I sure like to know were we are”?

Clark breaks his gazed from Lana and turns to Chloe. “We are in a deserted Island called Isle of Demons and Mayda. “

Chloe’s expression says it all. “Oh my god, we died and this is payback for our sins.”

more later….

Hey!! Welcome back Mingo!!!

nice start!!

silly Chloe...

I hope the flash cards are still in the wreck....

PPMS!!!
    Last edited by Nemu; 05-10-2007, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Sounds great! I don't really understand why he couldn't reveal himself as Kal-El though.

Comment

whoa! Where is the rest of the story?

Hey Mingo! Where are you!!!!???

Comment

Sounds interesting. So is Clark going to keep those two there until he finds out how to help them handle this situation with Lex? I don't think Chloe or Lana are going to be willing participants in the 'sit and wait' game..lol.

Please continue!

Comment

great.

please update soon!

cant wait to see what happens.

Comment

good story!

Comment

I know I'm taking a shot in the dark here...

But I hope you get this Mingo and return to finish this story that was promising...

Comment

Nice start! I'm looking forward to more. Glad to see a new clana fic on the boards. Keep writing Mingo!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemu
                    I know I'm taking a shot in the dark here...

But I hope you get this Mingo and return to finish this story that was promising...
                    Yeah 4 years after that last post by me... I'm still roaming through these old stories I really liked...

Sad that tis never got done...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎