No announcement yet.

The Flame / G / One-Shot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flame / G / One-Shot

Okay, this is a one-shot set during the events of "Phantom," at the tail end of the Clana scene. It doesn't exactly match the spoilers, but so what.

The Flame

Clark watched from the open barn door as Lana opened the door to her SUV. The tears were pouring like a river at flood stage, and their faces were twisted with grief, with the agony of a final parting of lovers. Though neither of them wanted her to leave, Lana was adamant that it was necessary. She saw it as her only way to get out from under the combined influence of Lex and Lionel. Lana was leaving Smallville for good.

The conversation that Clark and Lana had waited six long years for had finally happened…and yet, she was leaving Smallville for good.

Lana knew everything, accepted him, and still loved him…and yet, she was leaving Smallville for good.

When she then tried to say goodbye, Clark stopped her mouth with a kiss. He refused to allow her to say the word,. To him, saying ‘goodbye’ meant forever and he refused to believe they wouldn’t be together again someday.

Lana kept trying though, and the kisses quickly turned into a KISS. They’d had many of those special kisses over the years: poolside when Lana was under the influence of a Nicodemus flower, at the Talon when Clark was on red-K, in the loft when Lana brought him a midnight birthday cake, and the list goes on.

But this last kiss had been their best. It had combined the innocent passion of a first kiss, the longing of a kiss after a lengthy separation, and the animalistic heat of a kiss in the midst of sex. Clark had wanted to jump Lana’s bones right then and there. Lana had wanted it too, but knew that would make leaving Clark harder than it already was.

Lana stopped in the open doorway of her SUV and turned to Clark one last time. Her whole body was wracked with sobs and seeing her in such pain shredded the last remnants of Clark’s self-control as he broke down, too. He remained rooted to the spot, knowing he had to let Lana go, had to allow her to make her own choices. He thought it bitterly ironic that he didn’t figure that out until her choice was to leave.

Somehow, someway, Lana managed to get herself under a semblance of control and drive away. His strength gone, taken by a petite brunette in the back of her SUV, Clark leaned against the doorframe and watched with a broken heart as the love of his life left him.

Clark had learned that Lana had been blackmailed into marrying Lex by Lionel. He knew he’d do something with that information eventually, but right now, he needed to grieve. Tomorrow would be soon enough for Lionel.

Clark trudged upstairs to the loft and thumbed through his CD collection, looking for sad songs to fit his bleak mood. He listened and wept as the hours went by. Finally, as the sun began to set, he popped in a CD he’d been saving to play one particular song, a song that said what he felt as he watched the sunset.

“The Flame” - Cheap Trick

Another night slowly closes in,
    And I feel so lonely.
    Touching heat freezing on my skin,
    I pretend you still hold me.
    I'm going crazy, I’m losing sleep.
    I'm in too far, I'm in way too deep over you.
    I can't believe you're gone.
    You were the first, you'll be the last.

Wherever you go, I’ll be with you.
    Whatever you want, I'll give it to you.
    Whenever you need someone to lay your heart and head upon.
    Remember: after the fire, after all the rain,
    I will be the flame.
    I will be the flame.

Watching shadows move across the wall,
    I feel so frightened.
    I wanna run to you, I wanna call,
    But I’ve been hit by lightning.
    Just can't stand up, for fallin' apart.
    Can't see through this veil across my heart, over you.
    You'll always be the one.

Wherever you go, I'll be with you.
    I will be the flame.
    I will be the flame.

I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep.
    I'm in too far, I'm in way too deep over you.
    You'll always be the one.

I will be the flame.
    I will be the flame.

And whatever you want, I'll give it to you.

Clark knew there’d be other days and other sunsets, but there’d never be another Lana. He was going to wait for her. How ever long it took for her to come back, he would be waiting.

Awww...Cardinal, you never fail to make your stories bittersweet. I really liked it, though. Even though your fic was short, I thought it summarized Clark and Lana's love for each other extremely well.

Comment

Like some other one-shots I've read from you, Cardinal...I loved it. I'm not surprised really, because all of your fics are incredibly well-written and emotional, so anyway... I'm thinking that the lack of a 'The End' means more to come. I hope so.

(Btw, that song fit really well with your fic, nice choice.)

Update soon!

Comment

I just read this on Sweet! Haha. Oh and I am downloading the song as we speak. I'm sure I'll love it!

Comment

Well I hope it doesn't match the spoliers, because then clana would really be gone for good. Unless......Hmmmm.....*Runs off to go think*

Comment

Unless...Lana decides to drive back to SV and be with Clark forever. And then they get married!!!

Comment

I'm downloadin' the song as well

Loved the one-shot Card! Very sad but I KNOW Clana will be back. No doubt on my mind. Did a great job on it!

Comment

very nicely done Card, but still very sad....

Comment

very nice job!!!.....It made me cry!!!!....Idon't want that to happen!!

Comment

You never fail, Card.
                    Let me tell you something, whenever I see Cardinal as the author, I click to read the story or the update. You're a great writer.

Comment

oww that was such a bittersweet story card!

Comment

Originally posted by Clana227
                        You never fail, Card.
                        Let me tell you something, whenever I see Cardinal as the author, I click to read the story or the update. You're a great writer.
                        Thank you. Now look what you've gone and made me do...I'm blushing.

Comment

you are a great writer cardinal!

Comment

Wonderful story

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡