Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Noir One Of The Best Episodes Ever???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Noir One Of The Best Episodes Ever???

So I started new thread about 'Noir' being one of the worst episodes ever...how about was 'Noir' one of the best episodes ever.

Keep in mind this list is complied from my all time favorites...and I also tied to keep 1st and finale episodes out of the poll...just because those episodes normally rate a 10 with everyone. Vortex is the only one I included.

Also keep in mind that I haven't yet watched season 5 on DVD...so I couldn't choose episodes from season 5...and I have only watched a handful of episodes from season 6.
    Noir
    0%
    Rouge
    0%
    Vortex
    0%
    Rosetta
    0%
    Accelerate
    0%
    Relic
    0%
    Memoria
    0%
    Talisman
    0%
    Blank
    0%
    Nemesis
    0%

It wasn't very good....

Comment

IT WAS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As someone you has watched a LOT of film noir, I thought that NOIR was one the Smallville's best episodes. Jimmy's dream may not have advanced the plot much, but it was a perfect 20 minute film noir. The look, the characters, the storyline and the dialog were all a wonderful hommage to the noir films of the forties. As is noted elsewhere in this forum, the episode was peppered with references to other old movies. Even Lois' song sounded like an old Peggy Lee number. This episode was a lot of fun for anyone familiar with the original material that the writers and director were paying tribute to.

Comment

I loved Noir, but one of Smallville's best episodes? Nah. Certainly one of the best of Season 6, though. "One of" being a list of about 10.

Comment

I'm sorry, what I meant to say was that it was one of the best in Sesason Six; a high point in a mostly lacklustre season.

Comment

Was Noir One Of The Best Episodes Ever??? NO.

Comment

Originally posted by dcmarriott
                I'm sorry, what I meant to say was that it was one of the best in Sesason Six; a high point in a mostly lacklustre season.
                Well in that case your even more wrong. Noir was a pretty good episode in an awesome season.

Comment

No Noir wasnt the best episode..in my opinion they could've do it better, I dont know how, but I didnt like it much, I liked Lois singing in it only

Comment

It was good, but it was not as good as Memoria IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                      Well in that case your even more wrong. Noir was a pretty good episode in an awesome season.
                      I don't see how anyone can call season six "awesome", when Clark has made almost NO progress on his path to become Superman.

There have been some outstanding episodes this season, and Clark has had a number of life-altering experiences: escaping from the Phantom Zone, joining the fledgling Justice League, seeing his ex-girlfirend marry his arch-rival, kissing his future wife, etc. However, none of these experiences seem to have changed Clark's life. He's still living at home, still stacking hay bales in his parents' barn, still pining for his high school sweetheart. He's even wearing the same red jecket he's worn since he started high school.

One of the things I liked about NOIR was that it showed that Clark could one day become a bumbling reporter by day and a tough crime fighter by night. As a detective, Clark was cool, confident, and ready to do whatever was necessary to see that justice was done. It was the best picture we've seen of what the future Superman might be like. Unfortunately, it was all in Jimmy's dream. The real Clark is showing few signs of turning into either a mild-mannered reporter or the Man of Steel.

Clark's lack of progress wouldn't be so pathetic if it weren't for the fact that everyone around him is moving on. Martha is heading to Washington. Chloe has a job, a boyfriend and a new superpower. Lana has married, betrayed and left Lex. Lois is well on her way to becoming the aggressive reporter we all know and love. Even Jimmy Olsen had an out-of-town assignment. Only Clark seems to be stuck in neutral.

NOIR showed us what Clark might become, if he would only get his act together.

Comment

IMO yes it was

Comment

I liked Noir. It was one of my favorite episodes in one of my favorite seasons. I like old movies and I also liked the way they changed all the sets to seem more like the 1940's. Aaron getting so much screentime (he's one of my favorite actors on the show) is an added bonus.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎