No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.20 - What Is and What Should Never Be

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superhippie2000
    lol i kept thinking GA was green arrow then im like huh green arrow got a show lol.

ya jeffery dean morgan cant even survive in an episode where deans life is good. i was really bummed when they kept saying he will be in this episode and then nothing. unless they count pictures as him being in an episode. like counting mr kent in a smallville episode when he was really brianiac or on a video tape. but atleast they filmed him and didnt photoshop old prictures of him like they did with john lol.

and are you calling supernatural a girlie show? i see nothing girlie about it. i guess girls watch it for the 2 guys and guys watch it for the blood and guts and we all watch because its just good and funny.
    Green Arrow already got his own show at the start of Smallville's season six! Instead of being called Smaville it was GreenArrowVille and Clarkie just made the occasional apperance! Duh! Everybody knows that.

Oh, how sad is it that those were the only good eps of the season? Now it's just a soap opera with fake pregnancies and lame excuses to break up the Lexana while BDA forgets everthing he learned while Green Arrow was around.

Anyways... Wrong show.

Nah, Supernatural ain't girle. I meant to imply that GA was the girlie show that had Jeffrey Dean Morgan while Supernatural wasn't girlie. Although, it's true that all any girl has to do is get a look at Dean and Sam and they are hooked for life, lol. It's just like the other day I was trying to convince one of my freinds that 300 was very chick freindly. Just LOOK at the half nekkid Spartans! 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
      ^ actully, They said at last minute he wasn't going to appear because he was busy working on something else.

I watch for the plot

o well that stinks.

well ya everyone comes for the other stuff but stays for the story. lol

Comment

yeah.

Originally posted by Super Skunk
        It's kind of funny how it was basically John's "destiny" to die in 2006, one way or the other. Assuming that everything in the dream is like real life except for the wish.
        I thought it was because though the Jinn could grant his wish, it couldn't undo the deal John made, therefore, he was dead.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          right. they would have been able to get a newer car and all of that. they cant really get a new car now are else it will be easily traced. of course a very old impala driving around would bring in more suspicion i would think.
          Actually, a lot of people just like having old, classic cars. And keeping such cars in good condition and in good working order can be a real challenge, more challenging than having a newer model. I think that the only reason Metallicar is the sweet ride she is is because John, and then Dean, had the mechanical skills to keep her that way.

Since John and Dean obviously loved the car, and had the skills to take good care of it, it makes perfect sense that Dean would still have it in the AU. In fact, an old car like the Impala would be easier to take care of if you weren't driving it all over the country.

Comment

I just watched this episode...OMG it was amazing!!

Comment

I finally get to add my 2 cents!
              I had to wait to watch this cause I had to tivo it that night and then I've been taking care of my mother who is sick (really bad flu).

Ok, so this episode was amazingly, awesomely great!

I loved how the first thing Dean did after freaking out was call Sam. (and did anyone notice that Sam had his Season 1 haircut back? Very nice. His hair changed in Season 2 as Sam began to 'give up on normal' so it was nice to see they backed up the AU!Sam with Season 1 Sammy hair!)

Dean's reactions with and to his mother were perfect. When Dean closes his eyes and leans into her touch on the couch I got a bit teary (actually there were quit a few moments this eppy for that).

I loved Dean being so excited about mowing the lawn. That made me grin.

Ok, so Dean hugs Mama Winchester, he even hugs Jessica, but no hug for Sam?! Not Fair! This was a great chance for Kripke to finally give those us who have been clamoring for one freakin' hug some satisfaction but instead he just grabs Sam's arm? It made sense later but I was waiting for him to bear hug Sammy and for Sam to wig out about it. A great opportunity lost.

Dean's realization that if he hadn't become a hunter, if the Winchesters hadn't become hunters, all those people would be dead was very well done.
              And the scene at John's grave was heartbreaking in it's intensity. Jensen did an amazing job there.

How cool, was the homage to the Pilot? From Sam and Jess in bed to the tussle to the "looking for a beer" line that was so perfect. And Dean's "man, that was so easy I'm embaressed" was perfect.

The scene in the car. Perfect.
              "You're still my brother."
              "*****."
              "what are you calling me ***** for?"
              "You're supposed to say jerk. nevermind."
              Very cute.

I loved Sammy's panic that Dean was crazy and then finding out he wasn't. Well acted by Paddywhack there.

And then Dean's realization and everyone materializing to try to keep him there.....
              As he was gazing at Sammy I expected him to say something like "I want to stay but that would mean leaving my brother alone to face the yellow eyed Demon. And I would never do that." or something to that effect. But he never did.

And then Sam being right there when he did wake up.

Also how cool were the role reversals? It's Dean who wants normal and Sam who is telling him it isn't real and the pain is worth it to save everyone? Dean pretty much said the same thing to Sam in Wendigo.

(wow, this getting long!)

Loved Dean and the Impala. He simply would not give that up, despite the fact that that is one heckuva conspicious car.
              I can hear it now--
              Sam: "Dean, we have to get a new car. This one is so obvious. And they'll be looking for a roadworthy 1967 Chevy Impala."
              Dean: "No way are we getting rid of my baby, Sammy. If you don't want to ride in her you can walk."
              Sam, sighing in exasperation: "all right but can we at least change the plates?"
              Dean, thinks about it: "Ok. But I'm doing it."

What got me was Sam admitting that the reason they don't really talk isn't that Dean screwed him over (which he did. Sam's prom date, Dean?) but that they don't have much in common.
              I read a fic where Dean asks Sam if they were strangers would they be friends. Sam answers in heartbreaking honesty that no they probably wouldn't.
              So seeing that played out onscreen....

How heartbreaking too was it that Dean's dream girl was just a model from a beer ad? So sad.

Some great quotes besides the above:
              Dean: "Guess we're civilians now, baby."

Professor: "Have you been drinking son?"
              Dean: "People keep asking me that."

Comment

did any one find deans barbra eaden line funny i think dean watches way to many re-runs LoL

Comment

I cried during this episode... a lot. I like the funny bits too. This is definitely a favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by clark and lois fan
                    did any one find deans barbra eaden line funny i think dean watches way to many re-runs LoL
                    Dean is the King of Pop Culture references.
                    Though I was a bit vexed with him for choosing Jeannie over Samantha. That's so wrong! (still waiting for Dean to crack a joke about Sam twitching his nose. Now that'd be funny!)

Something else that struck me recently when I saw someone's icon with that 'nurse' line.
                    After seeing WIAWSNB and also that one scene in Tall Tales I think our poor Dean wants to be taken seriously and wants to be respectable in a way we've rarely seen. And I theorize that what he really wants is to be the kind of person who would make Mama Winchester proud. If only Mama Winchester could tell him that she's proud of him the way he is right now....

Comment

It doesnt make much sence that John was dead in this. I doubt Dean's idea of a perfect universe would involve his dad being dead of a stroke. It would have meade more sence if they had said that he was out of town on buisness or something.

Its also a shame that dean still had the impalla. Before the episode aired I pictured a scene in my head where dean walks outside his house to the driveway and sees a really lame looking modern car and sais "Oh, hell no!"

Comment

This episode was tight.Liked the genie idea,how they brought jess back and thier mom being back was a good idea.

Comment

Rewatching this episode right now on TNT...still gets me *sniff, sniff* Just saw the scene where Dean is talking to his Dad at the gravesite...Jensen rocks crying scenes! This is still in my top 5 favorite episodes of the entire series!

Comment

Really good episode.
                            Loved it.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍