TV Ratings for Noir

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably a dumb question, but do they only count CW ratings, or do they count ratings from Canadian viewers who watch A-Channel or any other networks it's broadcasted on?

Comment

I havent seen an episode of Heroes yet.... am I really missing that much?? The commericals I've seen didnt look all that cool :~
      Last edited by Bosrudorfer; 05-05-2007, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I don't believe the problem with ratings reflects deep seated problems with the series. I really like SV, but the CW does virtually nothing to promote this series. I never see guest stars on other talk shows or entertainment venues. AICN, the most viewed website about sci-fi never does stories on SV. Why? I used to think they didn't like it, but maybe no one gives them any info from the studio. Scheduling, advertising, getting stars other publicity venues--all this would help a lot. Anyone have any info if the studio geeks are understanding the fan's concerns?

Comment

Originally posted by jor-eldeux
          People - people .... the show jumped the shark .... and never recovered. You lost the true Superman fans when it became apparently the current PTB couldn't care less about the mythos or the character. Whatever it is they have been trying to do it's been lost on at least half of the original viewership. There is nothing about the show that compels you to watch. Heroes does - it's about hope. It's about a noble cause. It's about good and evil. The characters aren't constantly struggling to be one or the other. The PTB have never given this Clark that sense of providing hope or standing for the noble cause and it's a shame. They like to honor the past actors in the show - but they don't care to honor it's base history. That's why the viewership has fallen.
          I don't know about Heroes, but I agree with everything else you've said. The problem is that Al & Miles think they're cutting edge geniuses when improving on the Superman/Superboy legend.....especially in the drama department.....when in fact they are morons because at some point it's not cutting edge anymore......it's simply crossing the line. THOSE 2 DORKS DO NOT AND ARE NOT CAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING THIS! Since "Promise", I've only watched "Progeny", but everything else?......Well, everything else has been...curiously....not only easier to miss than I would have thought....but skipping them has also been rather refreshing in a way. Two weeks ago, I would have said there is no way I would be missing the Finale....especially with Chloe's power being revealed....but now? I really don't know. Plus, even if Chloe's supposedly romoured power is used dramatically well......it's still a lame power in the long run.

As far as a death, If Lana dies, I'll cheer up a storm! If Chloe dies...I'll be Wo-Hooo! Even less reason to "occasionally" tune in to this show. Not that Chloe's got that much of a pull over me anymore. About the only thing that would please me more would be hearing that Jimmy bit the dust.....but we all know that won't be happening anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
            I don't know about Heroes, but I agree with everything else you've said. The problem is that Al & Miles think they're cutting edge geniuses when improving on the Superman/Superboy legend.....especially in the drama department.....when in fact they are morons because at some point it's not cutting edge anymore......it's simply crossing the line. THOSE 2 DORKS DO NOT AND ARE NOT CAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING THIS! Since "Promise", I've only watched "Progeny", but everything else?......Well, everything else has been...curiously....not only easier to miss than I would have thought....but skipping them has also been rather refreshing in a way. Two weeks ago, I would have said there is no way I would be missing the Finale....especially with Chloe's power being revealed....but now? I really don't know. Plus, even if Chloe's supposedly romoured power is used dramatically well......it's still a lame power in the long run.
            Very well said. I completely agree.
            This show has 2 problems, and they're called Al and Miles.

Comment

Originally posted by darkone
              In which season is Heroes and in which is Smallville?I despise Al/Miles for some things but I find it unfair to compare Heroes with Smallville.Let's see how succesful Heroes is in its 6th season if they even get that far.
              I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by darkone:
                In which season is Heroes and in which is Smallville?I despise Al/Miles for some things but I find it unfair to compare Heroes with Smallville.Let's see how succesful Heroes is in its 6th season if they even get that far.

Originally posted by Lis
                I totally agree.
                Sounds like valid points at first.....the only reason why I would disagree on the whole with this is that if Smallville were about anyone else (with a few exceptions, most noteably Clark Kent's biggest....and in my eyes Superior...DC rival), this show would have tanked a while back already. Heroes is about a bunch of no names....so yeah, you can't compare. Let's face it....there have been times where this show has literally been riding on the Man of Steel's coat tails......it looks as though that might not be enough anymore.

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                Very well said. I completely agree.
                This show has 2 problems, and they're called Al and Miles.
                Hello InLove_with_Chloe.........saw some of your comments on the Veronica Mars threads (at least I think it was you....if I'm wrong then just disregard this). Glad you're a Pizonica fan to. In one episode, that relationship has already surpassed the lame back pocket Chlark relationship on Smallville......at least for me. Maybe those 2 bone heads Al & Miles should watch that show to get some decent storylines.
                Last edited by CK&CK; 05-05-2007, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Just pointing out that a Lana-type is not the Alpha and Omega for viewers in general. You can have a hit show without such a character and in fact Heroes killed a character who people were dubbing a Lana-type.

Heroes isn't depending on the love for an already established mythos but the show itself is VERY much creating its own mythos and isn't riding on the coat tails of something like Superman which SV is doing. It's taking care of business because the producer knows he can't be completely lazy like Goughlar have been.

If I KNEW that this show would be as Lana-centric as it has been, I would NEVER have started watching and I think a lot of people hit the damn wall. A lot of SV fans I know LOVE Heroes and sigh that even past seasons of SV suffer in comparison.

Comment

How is unfair when half of Heroes staff came from Smallville? The same ones that were normally the backbone of Smallville mythology. And look to "Justice & Doom" interview, where the writer admitted that it was influenced by Heroes. The difference between both is the focus of the show. And it's not a season 1 vs. season 6 thing, since Smallville was focused on shipping since day 1 (which took over the show during mid season 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                      How is unfair when half of Heroes staff came from Smallville? The same ones that were normally the backbone of Smallville mythology. And look to "Justice & Doom" interview, where the writer admitted that it was influenced by Heroes. The difference between both is the focus of the show. And it's not a season 1 vs. season 6 thing, since Smallville was focused on shipping since day 1 (which took over the show during mid season 3).
                      Yeah but will Heroes go in a Season 6 remains to be seen.Will they have good ideas after 100 Episodes played out?Not to mention that Heroes is on a bigger network with more money and all.

Comment

Yeah but will Heroes go in a Season 6 remains to be seen.Will they have good ideas after 100 Episodes played out?Not to mention that Heroes is on a bigger network with more money and all.
                        And Smallville only survives because in on a smaller network. Smallville is not a cult show, Heroes, only with 1 season, already is. And again, half of the former Smallville staff is now on Heroes, they already have the experience of these kind of shows. They managed to keep the premise of the main arc ("Save the Cheerleader, Save the World") in all episodes, without a single filler.

Comment

Then Go watch Heroes and shut up!Every single one of you is watching Smallville for six years and you are still whining how bad it is,nobody is forcing you to watch it,and if you dont like the show then dont watch it...go watch Heroes ,they are great and that is it...

Comment

According to cnn.com, Heroes also lost viewers.

'Heroes' comes back, but not all viewers do

Comment

Originally posted by Johnatan Kent
                              Then Go watch Heroes and shut up!Every single one of you is watching Smallville for six years and you are still whining how bad it is,nobody is forcing you to watch it,and if you dont like the show then dont watch it...go watch Heroes ,they are great and that is it...
                              Read the rules:

"15) At no point should anyone tell anyone else, "If you don't like it then stop watching." People are allowed to have their opinions, even if that opinion is that Smallville, or any other show we cover, is a terrible show."

And, oh, Kryptonsite is also home of Herosite.

Originally posted by Kid Collins
                              According to cnn.com, Heroes also lost viewers.

'Heroes' comes back, but not all viewers do

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/...2/nielsens.ap/
                              All the shows lost viewers after the break. That's what the article is about.
                              Last edited by Timester; 05-06-2007, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester

All the shows lost viewers after the break. That's what the article is about.
                                I know. That could also apply to Smallville's lower ratings.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎