TV Ratings for Noir

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked "noir"!! I don't see why so many people didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7
      How do u know smallville is not a cult show and heroes is?.
      Have u done a survey with the viewers to determine this?
      This rarely happens, but I agree with Angel7. Smallville might be playing on a smaller Network but it could very well be considered Cult. I believe several media have referred to it as such, actually....

Comment

I don't think it's that ppl. didn't like it but there are several facotrs to consider:

Long hiatuses, warmer weather, newer and fresher shows, complete reversion from the first half of the season and little to no promotion.

JMO-

Comment

Originally posted by mobiusklein
          Heroes doesn't have a "Lana"
          They had a Lana character but they were smart enough and they killed her off.

Originally posted by jor-eldeux
          People - people .... the show jumped the shark .... and never recovered. You lost the true Superman fans when it became apparently the current PTB couldn't care less about the mythos or the character. Whatever it is they have been trying to do it's been lost on at least half of the original viewership. There is nothing about the show that compels you to watch. Heroes does - it's about hope. It's about a noble cause. It's about good and evil. The characters aren't constantly struggling to be one or the other. The PTB have never given this Clark that sense of providing hope or standing for the noble cause and it's a shame. They like to honor the past actors in the show - but they don't care to honor it's base history. That's why the viewership has fallen.
          Very well said.

Comment

There is no way to clearly pin-point why ratings increase/decrease there are so many variables involved imo There is an interesting article on cnn.com regarding television's current low ratings .....

Where have all the viewers gone?

NEW YORK (AP) -- Maybe they're outside in the garden. They could be playing softball. Or perhaps they're just plain bored.

In TV's worst spring in recent memory, a startling number of Americans drifted away from television the past two months: More than 2.5 million fewer people were watching ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox than at the same time last year, statistics show.

Everyone has a theory to explain the plummeting ratings: early Daylight Savings Time, more reruns, bad shows, more shows being recorded or downloaded or streamed......keep Reading

Source: cnn.com/Today (5/9)....If I am breaking any rules by posting this link please remove.
            Last edited by boingo; 05-12-2007, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Its not that hard, you wanna keep the viewers, make better stories that keep people coming back.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎