Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imzadia
    OK, gang, here's what I noticed. YES, IMO, there were TWO Blatant errors in Visual Continuity.
    1st: There was the gunshot wound changing sides from left to right shoulder, at least, three times. I missed the first 3 minutes of the show, (slap me!) so the first thing I saw was Lana laying on the floor of The Daily Planet with a gunshot wound just below her LEFT shoulder, lots of blood on the floor beneath her, while Chloe and Jimmy looked down at her. After the credits, etc., and Clark came running in--they kept him from getting close, but Lana was laying on an ambulance bed, in the distance, with an EMT trying to stabalize her, but the injury was on the RIGHT side. Then almost immediately, Lionel was hovering over Lana speaking in a whisper, apologizing for getting her mixed up in "this", and the injury is, Again, on the LEFT side. Of course, then later in her hospital room, it's her RIGHT arm that's in a sling.
    2nd: At the end when Chloe meets Jimmy before he leaves to go on assignment, Chloe gets out of her "Yaris" with the latest copy of the Daily Planet and the headline, "HERO AMONG US", with two pictures beneath it. One picture was a color BUST shot of Jimmy and the other next to it was an indistinct black & white photo. However, when she got closer to Jimmy & they looked at it together, the headline was the same, but the pictures had changed. They were both in color, but one was of Jimmy shaking hands with someone and the other next to it was of two policemen, with the killer in the middle, taking him into custody. It might just be what anyone's individual eye picks up, but I didn't have to look for these...they just jumped out at me.
    Good eye. I didn't catch the newspaper thing.

OK I guess they covered this one pretty well what with the old-fashioned train noise, but there in the background is the modern elevated Vancouver Skytrain that runs just North of the studio.

Originally posted by thebog1
    First error noticed: When Chloe first saw Lana, the gunshot wound was on Lana's left shoulder. The next time on that we see Lana, it is on her right (so far).
    Man, but they just kept screwing this one up.

Lana shot in left shoulder, lying in elevator:

Now the wound has moved to the right shoulder:

Now it's back to the left shoulder:

And finally she's in the hospital bed with a sling on the right arm and pushing herself up in bed with the originally shot left side:

Then there is James' car:

And the one that they show in old footage that is supposed to be his:

They don't come close to matching.
    Last edited by Rosey; 05-05-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swedishclarkgirl
      how come clark didnīt get to the planet until after the police? But when chloe fell he was there in seconds
      Remember that Jimmy was fighting the bad guy and yelled at Chloe to call the police. Chloe ran down the hall and dialed and we saw "CLARK" on her cellphone. She called Clark, that is how he got there to catch Chloe.

Comment

So many errors. Poor Lana got shot on both sides. LOL

Comment

Metropolis and Smallville were like the same place. It went from Jimmy at The Daily Planet to him chattin' it up with Clark at the Talon in one scene. What was with that?

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures of Lana's gunshot.
            I can't believe they would mess up something THAT bad.

But what I'm thinking is, didn't Kristin Kreuk notice? Makeup like that on her shoulder would take at least a good half hour, wouldn't she notice that they were putting the gunshot on opposite sides all the time?

And for people that are saying there wasn't a gunshot noise for Jimmy and Chloe to react to, there was. It's not as loud as a gunshot should be, but there was definately something.

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH
              Thanks for posting the pictures of Lana's gunshot.
              A kind word from Heddy?!

I can't believe they would mess up something THAT bad.
              I've heard of photographic negatives getting flipped but don't think that could happen in this case. I think they screwed up while filming different parts on different days, and by the time someone realized what had happened TPTB decided that it would cost too much to fix, so just hoped that we wouldn't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Imzadia
                OK, gang, here's what I noticed. YES, IMO, there were TWO Blatant errors in Visual Continuity.
                1st: There was the gunshot wound changing sides from left to right shoulder, at least, three times. I missed the first 3 minutes of the show, (slap me!) so the first thing I saw was Lana laying on the floor of The Daily Planet with a gunshot wound just below her LEFT shoulder, lots of blood on the floor beneath her, while Chloe and Jimmy looked down at her. After the credits, etc., and Clark came running in--they kept him from getting close, but Lana was laying on an ambulance bed, in the distance, with an EMT trying to stabalize her, but the injury was on the RIGHT side. Then almost immediately, Lionel was hovering over Lana speaking in a whisper, apologizing for getting her mixed up in "this", and the injury is, Again, on the LEFT side. Of course, then later in her hospital room, it's her RIGHT arm that's in a sling.
                2nd: At the end when Chloe meets Jimmy before he leaves to go on assignment, Chloe gets out of her "Yaris" with the latest copy of the Daily Planet and the headline, "HERO AMONG US", with two pictures beneath it. One picture was a color BUST shot of Jimmy and the other next to it was an indistinct black & white photo. However, when she got closer to Jimmy & they looked at it together, the headline was the same, but the pictures had changed. They were both in color, but one was of Jimmy shaking hands with someone and the other next to it was of two policemen, with the killer in the middle, taking him into custody. It might just be what anyone's individual eye picks up, but I didn't have to look for these...they just jumped out at me.
                I noticed Lana's wound moving from shoulder to shoulder (it reminded me of "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" when the mole on Prince John moved to different places on his face), but I didn't notice the newspaper thing. Good job catching that.

Comment

hehe...the gun shot wound mistake was the 1st thing that my hubby noticed too. oh, dear smallville.
                  don't even start w/ the cxr in lana's room...it's upside down. but hey...maybe the hospital staff purposely put it that way after seeing it. lol!

Comment

Thought I was seeing things at first when i saw the gunshot on the opposite side...can't believe they would make a mistake like that after so many episodes...It just seemed strange to see such a thing like that!
                    They could make 20 mistakes per show and still would be the best show ever anyway!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH
                      And for people that are saying there wasn't a gunshot noise for Jimmy and Chloe to react to, there was. It's not as loud as a gunshot should be, but there was definately something.
                      I thought that Lana was shot several stories above them in the building and then rode the elevator down to the basement (probably in the hope that Chloe was there and could help her.) This would explain why the shot was not that loud.

btw....call me unobservant but I didn't notice the gunshot switching sides until I read it here.

Comment

Originally posted by belang
                        hehe...the gun shot wound mistake was the 1st thing that my hubby noticed too. oh, dear smallville.
                        don't even start w/ the cxr in lana's room...it's upside down. but hey...maybe the hospital staff purposely put it that way after seeing it. lol!
                        Sorry if this is stupid, but I've seen a lot of people say it and I don't understand.
                        What's a "cxr"?

Comment

sorry mate...cxr = chest x ray. hope it clears up.

Comment

Long after the police had left, why was all of Lana's spilled belongings (a.k.a. the crime-scene evidence minus the gardenia) still lying in the hallway after Chloe woke up the knocked-out Jimmy???

I think this was the only way for Jimmy to deduce that the gardenia was actually missing.

This shows major incompetency on the part of Metropolis Police Dept. though... let alone letting Lois nab some evidence herself.

Originally posted by swedishclarkgirl
                            how come clark didnīt get to the planet until after the police? But when chloe fell he was there in seconds
                            After the dude gets shot in front of Chloe and Jimmy, Jimmy tells Chloe "Call 911" as he races after the shooter. Chloe called Clark instead. Thats how he got there so fast.
                            Last edited by Kalerado; 05-11-2007, 08:50 PM.

Comment

edit

I don't think tptb could make up their minds on which of lana's arms was suppose to be in a sling. They shoot the left shoulder then sling the right in Smallville Med. (LOL)! Check out the whole gurney thing and all... they change shoulder injuries like they change camera angles. I wonder which injury really ended up on the cutting rm. floor?

Comment

Clark - left-handed?

I notice that when Clark shoots Lana he holds the gun in his left hand and his badge in his right! This is surely wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎