Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Noir

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee, and I noticed the movie projector. In this day of DVDs where did Jimmy get a 16mm print of "The Big Sleep?" Plus look at the film reels, too dang little film on them for even reel one of the flick. Then the scene on screen with Bogie (well, I do like that JO is a Bogart fan ). In "The Big Sleep" the scene with Bogie and Martha Vickers (Carmen Sternwood) comes much later than it could have if JO had just started the movie. Gee, the writers didn't think other Bogie fans watch SV do they

Comment

Originally posted by thebog1
      First error noticed: When Chloe first saw Lana, the gunshot wound was on Lana's left shoulder. The next time on that we see Lana, it is on her right (so far).
      Noticed that too ... sorry i had to post it
      it was just tooo obvious geez at least do a "proofread"

Comment

umm that sure was a lot of blood she was losing. Like 2 pints just as she layed there. She only has about 8. She been dead before the medics got there.

Originally posted by thebog1
        First error noticed: When Chloe first saw Lana, the gunshot wound was on Lana's left shoulder. The next time on that we see Lana, it is on her right (so far).
        I noticed that but just figured she broke her arm when she hit they floor. They couldn't have messed up that bad...

Comment

what I found was strange and inconsistent was that: In Progeny, Clark and Chloe were gung ho about not taking any action so they could protect Lana from Lex, seeing as Lex would "throw (Lana) to the wolves to spite (Clark))...so that was last week....

but this week, automatically they know that Lex would NEVER do ANYTHING to hurt the love of his life....so they can conveniently figure out that Lionel is up to no good.....

i had a WTH moment

things change week by week i tell you

Comment

apart from the mistakes the episode was pretty descent

Comment

All i can say is It was just a DREAM....

Dreams are confusing...

Comment

how come clark didn´t get to the planet until after the police? But when chloe fell he was there in seconds

Comment

Cause Lana was already shot. What more could he do except feel guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by shotgunner 101
                    I noticed this as well she was shot on the left shoulder but in the hospital bed she had the sling on the right arm?

I noticed that too and started to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by meggy
                      what I found was strange and inconsistent was that: In Progeny, Clark and Chloe were gung ho about not taking any action so they could protect Lana from Lex, seeing as Lex would "throw (Lana) to the wolves to spite (Clark))...so that was last week....

but this week, automatically they know that Lex would NEVER do ANYTHING to hurt the love of his life....so they can conveniently figure out that Lionel is up to no good.....

i had a WTH moment

things change week by week i tell you
                      That was the absolute worst.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else- but when Jimmy and Chloe were watching the movie and then kiss and then they looked at each other and said the "that wasn't the movie" thing... I kept rewinding and there was no what i assume to be a gunshot. No sound to startle them. Am I the only one this happened to?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyD662
                          I don't know about anyone else- but when Jimmy and Chloe were watching the movie and then kiss and then they looked at each other and said the "that wasn't the movie" thing... I kept rewinding and there was no what i assume to be a gunshot. No sound to startle them. Am I the only one this happened to?
                          There was a sound. It wasn't very loud though.

Comment

good grief Lana's gun shot changed sides 3 times just taking her out of the elevator. Now who is in charge of deciding what side she got shot in. Here is an idea for you. !put a poca dot on that side then you won't forget!

Comment

As some of us mentioned in another post, the wound switching sides was probably due to some sort of error with the filmwork. I doubt they dressed her up on both sides multiple times throughout the episode.

Comment

OK, gang, here's what I noticed. YES, IMO, there were TWO Blatant errors in Visual Continuity.
                                1st: There was the gunshot wound changing sides from left to right shoulder, at least, three times. I missed the first 3 minutes of the show, (slap me!) so the first thing I saw was Lana laying on the floor of The Daily Planet with a gunshot wound just below her LEFT shoulder, lots of blood on the floor beneath her, while Chloe and Jimmy looked down at her. After the credits, etc., and Clark came running in--they kept him from getting close, but Lana was laying on an ambulance bed, in the distance, with an EMT trying to stabalize her, but the injury was on the RIGHT side. Then almost immediately, Lionel was hovering over Lana speaking in a whisper, apologizing for getting her mixed up in "this", and the injury is, Again, on the LEFT side. Of course, then later in her hospital room, it's her RIGHT arm that's in a sling.
                                2nd: At the end when Chloe meets Jimmy before he leaves to go on assignment, Chloe gets out of her "Yaris" with the latest copy of the Daily Planet and the headline, "HERO AMONG US", with two pictures beneath it. One picture was a color BUST shot of Jimmy and the other next to it was an indistinct black & white photo. However, when she got closer to Jimmy & they looked at it together, the headline was the same, but the pictures had changed. They were both in color, but one was of Jimmy shaking hands with someone and the other next to it was of two policemen, with the killer in the middle, taking him into custody. It might just be what anyone's individual eye picks up, but I didn't have to look for these...they just jumped out at me.
                                Last edited by Imzadia; 05-04-2007, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎