Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is really to blame for the man Lex has become?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closest I'd say to Clark is that withholding his secret didn't help, but Lex would have likely turned out the same anyway.

And I think it's worth considering that as much as Lex likes to believe it himself, Clark never really singled him out with his secret to begin with:

1. He only told Pete in order to keep him from running off with the ship.
    2. Only revealed it to Alicia because they were in a life/death situation (well she was anyway).
    3. Chloe only found out because Alicia rigged it so that she'd witness Clark displaying his powers.
    4. He only told Lana so that he could propose to her until he reverse history, then only told her to prompt her into leaving Lex and staying with him.

Even with Lois you could argue that finding out future spoilers made it easy on him, but he didn't really go around telling others his secret freely, while excluding Lex.

Comment

Lex is responsible.

I believe that Lex was already a lost cause before he met Clark. In the pilot, he was already looking at Clark with suspicion ( and a bit of awe). Someone earlier in this thread was talking about how if you constantly cast the blame on others, than you cannot and will not take accountability for yourself. This is true. Lionel was responsible for the abuse and neglect that Lex received in his childhood, but Lex kept making bad decisions and then justifying them by blaming those around him all the time.

Sure, Clark might have been able to help Lex, but Clark was never really in a mentoring position in their relationship. Lex at any time could have told Clark that he couldn't be friends anymore because he couldn't trust him ( Lana too), but that wouldn't happen because of his obsession to all things Clark Kent.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎