What did you hate about "Nemesis"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ania
    Hey... where's "Clana" option? :|
    Yeah, where it is? I vote on "I have my own ideas below" because of that.

And i shouyld say "where was lois" but she dont fit in this episode. She would be just another person who was worried about Clark and asking "why the hell he go there?"

Comment

No Lois, and also Lana, she was acting like a (bleep). What was with her? I don't know about the Kryptonite, he was trying his best to get out. Just like in SR, he was still able to pick up that Kryptonian moutain from the water while Kryptonite was growing out of it, it just took a effort to do it. That's what is good about Superman, he still keeps trying.

Comment

The mentioning of Lana planning to leave him at the altar by Clark and that hand-grab once they got out should have been left out. Is this the story about Superman or Swingerman?

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
          That's great and all, but you're wrong. There are times we've seen Clark hold Kryptonite in his hands and others were the same peice of Kryptonite renders him unconsious. It's really hit and miss and entirely dependent upon the requirements of the story.

Also, Superman Returns has little to do with Smallville directly.
          How am I wrong? I can bet I've seen more incarnations of Superman, and read way more comics than you've ever heard about.

Look, it's better to base these kind of logical reasonings from many versions and incarnations, then to base it off of one show that doesn't even follow true comic continuity like you've reasoned. But even though I say all this, it doesn't mean what you've said above is wrong either...it's all based on observations...so everyone is valid in a sense

I offer speculation from comparison, so please don't offend me with your presumptuous causticity

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
            How am I wrong? I can bet I've seen more incarnations of Superman, and read way more comics than you've ever heard about.

Fantastic, but that has nothing to do with this episode and Smallville. Smallville is its own universe and the writers have taken plenty of liberties with the effect Kryptonite has on Clark to suit the story at hand. One second Clark can hold the piece of meteor rock from his lead box, the next he is knocked unconcious from it. It's very inconsistent in Smallville.

Look, it's better to base these kind of logical reasonings from many versions and incarnations, then to base it off of one show that doesn't even follow true comic continuity like you've reasoned. But even though I say all this, it doesn't mean what you've said above is wrong either...it's all based on observations...so everyone is valid in a sense.

You assume that TPTB and the writers have studied the comics and take their cues from them. They don't. Steven DeKnight was the only writer that even knew what "Watchtower" referred to, and now he is gone. I am not doubting your comic book knowledge, but Smallville has interpreted many characters and situations very differently from the comics, so looking to them for guidance is somewhat meaningless when Al and Miles have and will take things in their own direction.

I offer speculation from comparison, so please don't offend me with your presumptuous causticity
            I don't presume anything other than the fact that the writers don't deal with the minutia of the comics and instead are focused on writing episodes for Smallville. They just don't care if Clark is shown in the comics as "pyschologically ready" for a dose of meteor rock radiation unless it suits their story. That's my point.

Comment

Lana doing the old good to evil flip flop again

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam

Fantastic, but that has nothing to do with this episode and Smallville. Smallville is its own universe and the writers have taken plenty of liberties with the effect Kryptonite has on Clark to suit the story at hand. One second Clark can hold the piece of meteor rock from his lead box, the next he is knocked unconcious from it. It's very inconsistent in Smallville.

[/b]

You assume that TPTB and the writers have studied the comics and take their cues from them. They don't. Steven DeKnight was the only writer that even knew what "Watchtower" referred to, and now he is gone. I am not doubting your comic book knowledge, but Smallville has interpreted many characters and situations very differently from the comics, so looking to them for guidance is somewhat meaningless when Al and Miles have and will take things in their own direction.

I don't presume anything other than the fact that the writers don't deal with the minutia of the comics and instead are focused on writing episodes for Smallville. They just don't care if Clark is shown in the comics as "pyschologically ready" for a dose of meteor rock radiation unless it suits their story. That's my point. [/B]
                like i said your reasoning is as right or wrong as mine...your not sitting there in the room writing or conjuring what's going on in these episodes so that's enough idk where you're trying to go with blatantly reasoning ppl out of their own speculation or opinions...good luck with all that

Comment

My biggest gripe is that Lex knows about Clark's secret (well at least a small part of it).

It was so casual in the way Lex mentioned he saw the chisel after he stabbed Clark. After all these years of searching this is how he responds?

Clark didn't even deny it so Lex's theory is confirmed. First off, it would have been better for Lex to never find out. And secondly, if he was to find out it could have been much more dramatic when he confronts Clark about it.

Comment

But realistically, how could Lex have NOT known. Pick up a screwdriver or chisel or whatever. With all your strength strike into say a stuffed animal and then strike into a wall or a countertop. Even just thinking about it, you know you'd feel a tremendous difference between the two impacts. So I was always pretty sure Lex knew something wierd happened in Crimson, but as always when he gets close to the truth, a countering piece of evidence makes him doubt himself.

Lets face it: he's known for years that Clark has above average strength and suspects the invulnerability because of the car crash. But he hasn't seen the whole bag of tricks by any means, and the kryptonite evidence is somewhat inconclusive from Lex's POV. (1) In any number of situations, I don't think Lex has seen (or more accurately can't remember seeing) Clark actually collapse due to kryptonite exposure, and Clark has done an adequate job covering for the pain he's felt on such occassions. (2) Clark has lost his powers in situations that had nothing to do with green K exposure and that will muddle up Lex's thinking.

I suspect when the day comes, Lex will convince himself that Clark and Superman have known each other since childhood and that when faced with a choice, Clark gave his loyalty to Superman, who wanted to remain anonymous. And thus Lex will hate Superman for coming between him and Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by chlana_sandwich
                      Lana firing the gun in the house was pretty dumb. Those slugs had to go somewhere and were probably embedded in the floor. That assumes they didn't richochet off the briefcase and hit her. Also, she likely would have shattered the glass desktop, firing in such close proximity. Of course, there would be burn marks and gunshot residue. Then, she made up the story about the cops shooting open the briefcase. It just didn't seem realistic.
                      I have to agree on this completely. When looking at the briefcase sitting on the table and no marks anywhere, I was like, what the hell!

Originally posted by Jlvsclrk
                      But realistically, how could Lex have NOT known. Pick up a screwdriver or chisel or whatever. With all your strength strike into say a stuffed animal and then strike into a wall or a countertop. Even just thinking about it, you know you'd feel a tremendous difference between the two impacts. So I was always pretty sure Lex knew something wierd happened in Crimson, but as always when he gets close to the truth, a countering piece of evidence makes him doubt himself.
                      The problem was that in Crimson, they all knew Clark wasn't himself. And I still feel that Lex probably thinks he's just meteor infected. He has no proof of anything else. But clearly, Lex is either afraid to go after Clark or he won't because they were friends or because of Lana.

And just because Clark didn't respond to Lex's comment about not being normal or not human, whichever it was, doesn't mean anything. We've all seen just how many times people are waiting for a response and just don't get it.
                      Last edited by All about Clark; 05-03-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎