Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice the Greek Mythology Allusion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice the Greek Mythology Allusion?

Project Ares

Ares = God of War, Bloodlust, etc.

"The war's about to begin"

"the dark knight begins" knows his greek mythology well. i did not pick that up.
    i keep thinking Mars was god of war, so i get my roman mixed up with my greek , stupid me.
    good catch.

Comment

lol....

Comment

nice one...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
          "the dark knight begins" knows his greek mythology well. i did not pick that up.
          i keep thinking Mars was god of war, so i get my roman mixed up with my greek , stupid me.
          good catch.
          haha actually i gotta be honest, i wikipedia-d it...

Comment

Re: Anyone notice the Greek Mythology Allusion?

Originally posted by the dark knight begins
            Project Ares

Ares = God of War, Bloodlust, etc.

"The war's about to begin"
            Yes - nice call. I got the Ares reference but I didn't tie it to the 'war is about to begin' -

Originally posted by the dark knight begins
            haha actually i gotta be honest, i wikipedia-d it...
            You took the next step - no worries - nice call.

Comment

So i guess it was an allusion, metaphor, and foreshadowing all in one

sorry i feel like i'm in eng class

Comment

oh and mars is the god of war in the roman mythology just so everyone knows

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                  oh and mars is the god of war in the roman mythology just so everyone knows
                  Mars and Ares are the same person in mythology I thought. Got to wiki it lol.

Comment

Mars is the Roman name for Ares. They're the same personage, the god of war. Mars = Roman, Ares = Greek. They apparently didnt like the names the other culture had, so they changed the names.

Comment

Did you guys see the spelling on the cd that lana took out of lex's suitcase? Did it say "Aries" or "Ares"? I think there is a difference. Aries is the constellation, and Ares is the Greek God.

Comment

Let me add some "Angel" into the this post...the "war" isnt about to begin, it already has. Clark has been slow to catch on to it.

That was the thing behind "justice" and how it ended at the warehouse...33.1 is the luthor push for the war. Yes Lex wants to "protect the world" he just wants to amke a billion or two while hes at it.

but thats just me.

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

Let me add some "Angel" into the this post...the "war" isnt about to begin, it already has. Clark has been slow to catch on to it.

That was the thing behind "justice" and how it ended at the warehouse...33.1 is the luthor push for the war. Yes Lex wants to "protect the world" he just wants to make a billion or two while hes at it.

but thats just me.
                        Last edited by tk_ravenprime; 04-14-2008, 11:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎