No announcement yet.

Is Lionel With or Against Lex?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lionel With or Against Lex?

By coercing Lana to marry Lex, was Lionel trying to protect Lex? Who's side is Lionel on?

I think everything Lionel does is, in the end, for his own profit.

Lionel is on Lionel's side.

Comment

Nobody knows yet. I don't trust him though. If he was on Clark's side, he would have told him what he is up to with those Kryptonian symbols. It's really ridiculous. Since the 1st episode of the season (Zod), absolutely NOTHING was done to develop what has been the most intriguing plot of the season. Next week will be another loss of an episode. That means that the only chance they have is episodes 21 & 22 (20-21 episodes since Lionel was shown reading those symbols and writing "Power"). And I don't count episodes like Reunion or Rage since nothing more has been given on what he's up to.

Comment

^^^^ I soooo agree..... what is the meaning of "Power"

Comment

I think he knows that Lana going to Clark will activate the war between Clark and Lex in full-force, so he's protecting both of them from the dangers of each other.

Comment

In my opinion, at the beginning of the episode Nemesis, Lionel was trying to stop Lex from doing what he was doing (in the tunnel). Lionel also asked Lex what he was doing in the tunnel and why.

I think Lionel Luthor loves Lex, because Lex is his son, but he doesn't have to like what Lex is doing (or agree with what Lex is doing).

I think Lionel coerced Lana into marrying Lex, to protect Clark from Lex's anger. Lex would have gotten mad at Clark and attacked him. I also think that Lionel knows Clark has a special destiny, and doesn't want Lana to stop Clark from fulfilling his destiny -- by becoming the future Superman.
            Last edited by tibbit78; 04-28-2007, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Depending on the needs of the plot, Lionel switchs around every episode

Some episodes Lionel doesn't agree with what Lex is doing, but then other times he looks proud of Lex wanting the Duncan research in Reunion, urges to be let in on Level 33.1...

Comment

Based on what they've given us this season (and the last few seasons) he has shown to be helping and going against every character, intentionally, unintentionally, in a big way, or in a minor way.

Clark: He offers to buy Clark lunch, warns him in Justice of cameras in 33.1 and acts nice to him, yet in Zod he is secretly after some master plan involving Kryptonian symbols translating into power, and nothing is known about this yet. If he were helping Clark, he would have told him what he's up to.

Lex: He has been working with Lex on a lot of things. He hid 33.1 and has been on Lex's side with that. But then he hides Dr. Langston's body for Lex and blackmails him as payback.

Chloe: He gave her the gun in Zod, yet in Static he's deleting the files off her computer and gets pissed off at her meteor freak comment

Lana: He made Lana believe he was a good guy in Arrow only to be later seen in the same episode talking with Lex about how they set her up. He also forces her to marry Lex in Promise.

Martha: Has gotten on her good side helping her out with her state senate position. His involvement in buying the stolen necklace that he gave her in Arrow got her in trouble somewhat.

The most logical thing to me is that Lionel is playing everyone against each other and is doing his dirty work in the shadows.

Comment

I think he has his own secret agenda and is not on anyone's side.

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH
                    I think everything Lionel does is, in the end, for his own profit.

Lionel is on Lionel's side.
                    Agree with first, not really agree with the second. I think he is against Lex and in the Clark side.

Maybe he want to save balance. Clark is not opposite for Lex, but criminal mind of Lionel and Clark power should be enough.

Comment

dont know what his real intentions are yet...he is mainly out for himself tho. soft spot for martha will come into play

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        Nobody knows yet. I don't trust him though. If he was on Clark's side, he would have told him what he is up to with those Kryptonian symbols. It's really ridiculous. Since the 1st episode of the season (Zod), absolutely NOTHING was done to develop what has been the most intriguing plot of the season. Next week will be another loss of an episode. That means that the only chance they have is episodes 21 & 22 (20-21 episodes since Lionel was shown reading those symbols and writing "Power"). And I don't count episodes like Reunion or Rage since nothing more has been given on what he's up to.
                        well, i think that when Lionel writes POWER and the kryptonian symbols, the writers are saying to us that he still has some kind of kryptonian knowledge, and, then, he still knows the secret of Clarks (obviously we can see that in all the sixth season and we know that, but when we saw this scene in Zod we could have a doubt) It means that he hasn't forgotten that for another reason. So Lionel can gain a lot of POWER with the knowledge of the Clark's secret and wit the knowledge of the kriptonian symbols...And he can use this power in a positive or in a negative way, of course...

I think that it's not ecessary an explanation in another episodes to explain this Zod scene
                        Last edited by F.C.smallvillefan; 04-29-2007, 06:21 AM.

Comment

For those of you into Harry Potter, I'm a "Snape is good" kind of person, so I'd like to think that Lionel is for Clark and against Lex.

Comment

No one really knows what Lionel is up to. His actions might help Lex and Clark or himself or just Lex and not Clark or just Clark and not Lex. Lionel is a very smart and talented man, I just wish I knew what was going on.

Comment

"Depending on the needs of the plot, Lionel switchs around every episode

Some episodes Lionel doesn't agree with what Lex is doing, but then other times he looks proud of Lex wanting the Duncan research in Reunion, urges to be let in on Level 33.1..."

I can see how you'd think this, but I have a different theory. I think that it's not inconsistency with his character; rather, the writers have some plan worked out for Lionel now, perhaps, and these signs are just pointing us along the way.

The look on his face with Lex and the Duncan research DID look proud, but it could also have easily been interpreted as, "Psssh. Who the hell does Lex think he is? He thinks I'll give him MY research? I guess he is a Luthor after all." See, it may have been a look of amusement, not one of pride. OR, I have this theory that Lionel can't help but be a little bit proud of how well he's taught Lex, even though he knows that what Lex is doing is wrong.

As far as 33.1, I have a feeling it could be to keep an eye on Lex. He may be building a case against him or something and then end up blackmailing him with all the info he has of Lex's ruthless tactics.

Xrayvision makes a good point with Lionel's paradoxical actions towards everyone. I think Lionel may have his own agenda, but deep down will realize that he wants to serve the Kents rather than himself. I think maybe he's trying to just serve himself, but can't deny that there's a goodness inside of him now, and ultimately, may sacrifice his grand plans in order to help the Kents.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎