Quotes from Nemesis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This epi was pretty depressing. So I enjoyed most Chloe's voicemail.

Comment

Originally posted by dunkman
      ^I agree that was the best!

Martha's line about Clark's "hope" was good, too, particulary because the Kryptonian letter "S" is also the Kryptonian symbol for "Hope", as well as the family crest for the house of El.

Hope in people is always admirable, even though sometimes hope is placed in the wrong people (that's why Clark's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness). Clark is right that you don't get to choose who to save & not save.
      In the show the Kryptonian Symbol for hope isn't the S sheild. It's just his family crest. The symbol for Hope is on the Key, as well as what he burned into the side of the barn in Rosetta.

Comment

Lex: Did you really think I would let you die down here alone?
        Clark gives him a look.
        Lex. Then you didn't know me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlois Supporter
          In the show the Kryptonian Symbol for hope isn't the S sheild. It's just his family crest. The symbol for Hope is on the Key, as well as what he burned into the side of the barn in Rosetta.
          True, on Smallville "Hope" had a different symbol, but keep in mind that on Krypton they had different symbols used in different regions -- & the "S" shield burned onto Clark's chest in season 3 looks a little different from the crystal that sends phantoms back to the zone -- so sometimes the "S" does stand for "Hope".

Comment

Lana: I understand you're in a lot of pain. Good.

Lionel: I see you've embraced whole-heartedly what it means to be a Luthor.

Comment

Originally posted by coasterprincess
              Clark: I saw a glimpse of something I hadn't seen in years....my friend
              Originally posted by Maagic
              "Well... I see you've embraced whole-heartedly what it means to be a Luthor."
              these 2 were my favorites from this episode.

Comment

Favorite Nemesis Quotes:

1) Chloe (to Clark): You don't get to choose who you're going to save. Not if you're Clark Kent.

2) Lana Lang and Lionel Luthor

Lana (to Lionel): Why did you threaten to use Clark's weakness against him if I didn't marry Lex? Tell me.

Lionel: I'm protecting Clark.

Later on, Lana goes back to visit Lionel Luthor.

Lana: Good book.

Lionel: I prefer non-fiction. It's much more exciting. Oh. I hear Lex made it out unscathed. You must be thrilled -- both the Luthors alive and well.

Lana: I'm not here to talk about Lex. What I want right now are answers. First you tell me you were going to kill Clark if I don't marry Lex. And now you're telling me that you're protecting him? What is going on?

Lionel: You know, Clark is a very lucky young man to have someone love him the way you do. Your love was the only thing I could use to keep Clark out of harm's way, and you close to Lex.

Lana: I don't understand. What harm? What's Lex doing, and why am I a part of it?

Lionel: You must trust me, Lana, because Clark's life depends on it.

Lana: I wonder how Martha Kent would handle hearing that you used her son as a bargaining chip. (Lionel Luthor looks so sad, and very serious).
                Lana (continues): Tell me what you know.

Lionel (changes the subject, in order to protect Clark by keeping Clark's secret): Wow. I see you've embraced whole-heartedly what it means to be a Luthor.

3) Clark Kent and Lex Luthor

Lex: Clark... What are you doing here?

Clark: Your Dad sent me.

Lex: He's alive? (Clark nods his head "Yes"). And you got through when nobody else could?

Clark: No one else is trying, Lex. The police called off the rescue team when they found out this place is rigged with explosives.

Lex: I saw what happened when I stabbed you with that chisel, Clark. That thing accordioned like it hit solid rock. I don't know why I needed to badly believe that you were more than human.

Clark: 'Cause nothing's ever good enough for you, Lex.

Lex: Yeah, well maybe the truth would have been (good enough for me). You may be flesh and blood, but you've been hiding secrets from me since we met. You never trusted me.

Clark: Would it have mattered? What are you really doing down here, anyway, Lex? Trying to find new ways to exploit the people that have different abilities than you?

Lex: There's no gray areas with you, is there? It's either all good or all evil. Did you even try to see my humanity before you decided I had none?

Clark: I did, Lex, and look where we are!

Lex: ...I stopped expecting you to act like a friend a long time ago.

Clark: Were we ever really friends, Lex?

Lex: I don't know. I have nothing to compare it to. You're the only real friend I've ever had, Clark. And somewhere along the way, you saw me as your nemesis, and turned your back on me.

Rocks tumbled on top of Clark Kent.
                Clark: Lex, get this off of me! Don't leave me here! Lex! Lex! Lex!

Lex (comes by to help Clark): Did you really think I was going to let you die alone down here, Clark? I guess you never knew me at all. Come on.

4) Clark Kent and Martha Kent

Martha: You didn't come in for dinner. I thought you might be hungry.

Clark: Thanks, I didn't realize how late it was.

Martha: Any idea what Lex and Lionel were doing in those tunnels?

Clark: It just doesn't add up. I mean, we have budgets, funding, plans, construction. It's almost as if Lex was...

Martha: Building a water-purification system.

Clark: Maybe this is the one time Lex was actually telling the truth. (Clark walks away).

Martha: Clark, what really happened down there?

Clark: When Lex pulled me out of that rubble... I saw a glimpse of something I hadn't seen in years. My friend.

Martha: I know you two went through a lot, but so much has happened. Sometimes as hard as it is, you have to let go.

Clark: But you didn't. After everything that Lionel has done, you stood by him today.

Martha: That doesn't mean I trust him. I wish I could. And even though I honestly believe he's made an effort, no one can completely change who they really are.

Clark: But at least you gave him that chance. Mom, what if part of who Lex is... is because of me? What if I gave up on him too soon?

Martha: You'll never give up on anyone, Clark, because your greatest strength -- might also be your greatest weakness -- your hope.

Comment

Lana: "Sure, as soon as I see a warrant to search my husband's vehicle."

Chloe: "I feel like your stalker ex-girlfriend. Even though I was never your girlfriend."
                  Yea I thought these were the best quotes. Especially the look in her face as she took on the police.

Boo yah

Comment

Lex: "You're the only read friend I ever had Clark, but somewhere along the way you saw me as your nemesis."

i agree i like a lot this quote

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎