Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Nemesis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I know I pay way too much attention to what is going on in the scenes. BUT.......you can plainly hear someone off camera either coughing or sneezing as Lana goes walking into Lex's office/study in the finale Lexana scene. It obviously wasn't either actor, KK or MR who coughed. Not enough time or money for a retake or what? Anyone else hear it? Go rewatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Charissa70
      Yeah, I didn't understand all that krytonite in the tunnel. The first meteor shower happened 16 years ago. that is not enough time for that much rock to be burried that far down, but I guess you have to give in to the story line-or maybe Lex is not lying and he is really making a water purificating system and is adding the krytonite for extra minerals to the water.
      There have actually been three meteor showers in total in Smallville's history. The first was in 1833. To which Ezra Small was a witness to, and to which would begin his visions of the future. the second was in 1989, 156 year later, in which Clark came to earth, and the final one was in 2005 of course when the meteor shower came during Clark's graduation and brought Brainiac, Namek, and Atheyr in Zod's ship.

Comment

Last week Clark had a piece of K lying on his chest and was paralyzed for hours. This week he can pull his 6'4" muscular body through a 5 foot tunnel of K while bleeding from a piece of the stuff that was stuck in his body poisoning him.

Clark couldn't break a chain on a gate, but a minute later he survives a concrete avalanche and can push the concrete off his head afterwards. And Lex didn't say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlois Supporter
          There have actually been three meteor showers in total in Smallville's history. The first was in 1833. To which Ezra Small was a witness to, and to which would begin his visions of the future. the second was in 1989, 156 year later, in which Clark came to earth, and the final one was in 2005 of course when the meteor shower came during Clark's graduation and brought Brainiac, Namek, and Atheyr in Zod's ship.
          The first in 1833? WTF? Kryptonite comes from the explosion of Krypton, without the explosion of Krypton... there is no kryptonite.

Comment

Meteor shower, Mod edit , not Kryptonite-bringing meteor shower.

Rule 14) insults are strictly prohibited
            Last edited by jimmyolsenblues; 04-27-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the distortion in time. They had 14 minutes to get out of the tunnels. Chloe had 14 minutes to investigate what was happening to Clark, run to the Luthor mansion, talk with Lana, assemble a crack team of police after they had called the search off and then arrive just as the bombs are going off.

Lana has enough time to...go threaten Lionel, shoot open a briefcase, hack Lex's computer, and then do all of the stuff with Chloe.

All of this happens again...in 14 minutes??? I'll suspend belief on a lot of things but when you set a logical point in time for your show to follow and then break all of its rules...?

Comment

The time thing I definately suspend when watching Smallville after Chloe started driving 6 hours to Metropolis and back to go to work every day.

Comment

As far as I can recall, Clark has *never* been able to get away from Kryptonite by himself. He always needed someone to throw the rock(s) away for him. Now he can move a bunch of rocks which fell on him and drag himself around? Highly doubtful

Comment

I have one really bothering me.

Why did Lionel ask Clark to go in to the tunnels?

Either he doesn't have Clark's safety as his concern like he claims, or he didn't know about the bunch of Kryptonites.

Comment

The soldier's wife said she set up bombs throughout the whole network of tunnels to blow it up and bring Lex's project to an end - so how comes the lab with her husband in it was still there at the end of the episode?

Also, how was Lex able to access that section if the tunnels were destroyed?

And how come the soldier's wife didn't come across the section where her husband was being held?

Major plot hole - Clark x-rayed the whole area - how come he didn't find the secret lab? If he can find a tiny button under the wheel of a car at 20 paces - surely he wouldn't miss a whole secret lab?

It makes me think perhaps the lab is in the dam itself rather than in the tunnels.

Comment

I had a bit of trouble with the scene where the rubble falls down on Clark's head.
                        Ok, he's injured, he's bleeding and in that rubble there's Kryptonite, right? So how come he doesn't get a (Smallville famous--patent pending) head injury? How come it doesn't at least make him go "ow?"
                        And why isn't Lex incredulous that that didn't do anything to him (like, say, knock him out?) after just having seen Clark can bleed?

That bothered me. The rest, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU Superman X
                          ok how about the part when all the rubble fell on clark n some how the door behind lex like 10 feet away magically broke open lol
                          exactly! i was pretty amazed at that, but then i thought maybe they jus took that part out and expected us to suspect clark broke the door and chain when lex wasnt looking. if thats not the case then who knows. and it looked like someone ripped it open more then an explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny
                            It makes me think perhaps the lab is in the dam itself rather than in the tunnels.
                            Yeah, that's what I thought. Like in an episode of Knight Rider where Michael is blown head first into a wall from the shockwave of a grenade and gets a head injury and reverts back to his original Michael Long identity. I remember that episode took place at a dam and inside the structure (there was a secret door) was where the criminals hid some rare metal they stole.

A dam is a cool location for a secret lab. I wonder if Reeves dam (named after George Reeves?) was the same one where Eric & Clark got hit by lightning in Leech & where one of the Ian's died in Dichotic.

Originally posted by thmallville
                            Meteor shower, Mod edit , not Kryptonite-bringing meteor shower.

Rule 14) insults are strictly prohibited
                            I am completely confused about this Justice/Doom thing. Someone posted that it was a game, but where is this game? All I see is the animated comics for the last 2 weeks now. And the stuff's moving so fast that I can't even read it and take it in completely.

Something that one poster told me was that the reason Ezra Small & Gertrude (ancestor of Genevieve Teague) were able to hear people from the future (the poster said she heard Zod from Krypton) was through kryptonite. This to me sounds like an explanation of why in Crisis Clark was able to hear the future Lana who was doomed to die.

But this doesn't make sense because like Mirabobo said, without the destruction of Krypton, there is no kryptonite. This then makes me wonder how it's possible that there was kryptonite in the crypt that hadn't been opened for 500-600 years in China.

The only explanation I could think of is if Dr. Swann after the 1989 shower (if he was mobile then) found the crypt, opened it, but didn't find the stone and placed it there to prevent Kryptonians from grabbing the map on that garment. But this is impossible, because there was no way he would have been able to open the crypt and have the garment not be taken by someone watching him so it could still be present inside the crypt as we saw in Sacred. Also, if this Ezra Small character found the Kawatche caves, why didn't he speak to members of the Kawatche tribe to decode the symbols? Joseph Willowbrook said that the location of the caves with the legend writing had been lost for 100's of years before Clark accidentally found them. I would think a tribe that old would have kept tabs on its location from 1833-1989.

This whole thing makes no sense. That's why these side projects are pointless & unofficial as far as I'm concerned. I watched volume 2 of the Chloe Chronicles and some pretty cool stuff happened, but they never got back to any of those characters either in another side project or on screen. Same with that freak named Yang from the Vengeance Chronicles. They have to take time and check what they've written and have an episode dedicated to Krypton's history from Kem-El (the guy who most likely started the Kawatche tribe, if he exists in SV mythos) to Jor-El.
                            Last edited by xrayvision; 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              I am completely confused about this Justice/Doom thing. Someone posted that it was a game, but where is this game?
                              The game can be played on the Official CW website. I believed the comics can also be viewed there (at a slower speed) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HeddyH
                                Aside from that, what if Lex finds out it was Lana who shot the briefcase? (notices the gun has two less bullets, finds the bullets under his desk, etc etc)
                                Plus you have to kind of wonder where the bullets went....

Lex: Lana, why are there two holes in my wood floor?

Lana: I don't know. But if I did know, I would certainly tell you. If I didn't tell you, I would just expect you to think I'm a horrible person, because that's what horrible people do, is not tell people the truth.

Lex: Uh, forget it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎