Ratings for Nemesis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having weeks between some of the recent episodes doesn't help either. You alienate the casual fan when they don't know if they're going to get a new eppy or a rerun one week to the next.

Comment

Look at the bright side, Smallville will still end up as the most or 2nd most watched show for the CW this week.

Comment

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! So I guess the preemptions didn't have such that big effect like everyone was claming. Thus I still personally feel that Promise (that Lana married Lex) and the two long breaks are responsible for the big dip effect of (620,000) viewers.
        Last edited by Bosrudorfer; 04-27-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Wasn't this episode preempted in some areas like the previous two?

Comment

I have to assume at this point Ugly Betty is pulling viewers away.
            What other show could be pulling our viewers? I doubt its "My name is earl".
            Really a shame the more the ratings drop so will the production budget.

Comment

I think if Progeny created a little more buzz then we would've gotten some more viewers. It was a pretty boring episode, imo.

I do agree that it's a shame that the ratings were so low, this really was a great episode.

Maybe all of the 'a major character is dying' is actually turning people away?

Comment

Justice

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                There has been a steady decline, right after Justice.
                Labyrinth went down and it kept going down from there...
                I think people thought that was going to be a turning point with some new adventures and the green arrow bringing new life in a tired old story line but then it went all soapy again week after week.

People that don't watch Smallville have watched that episode with me and loved it. I make everyone I know watch that episode and I never tire of it. Whereas I wouldn't torture people with of the episodes of late.

So sad

Comment

Final Ratings

Smallville
                  - 3.876 million viewers
                  - 2.5/4 HH
                  - 1.5/4 A18-49
                  - 1.7/6 A18-34

Supernatural
                  - 3.327 million viewers
                  - 2.1/3 HH
                  - 1.3/3 A18-49
                  - 1.3/3 A18-34

Season 6 Episode Viewership

Zod......................4.96*
                  Sneeze.................4.52*
                  Wither..................4.88*
                  Arrow...................4.71*
                  Reunion...............4.79*
                  Fallout.................5.01*
                  Rage...................4.46*
                  Static...................4.70*
                  Subterranean........4.31*
                  Hydro..................4.68*
                  Justice.................5.26*
                  Labyrinth..............5.00*
                  Crimson.................4.91*
                  Trespass...............4.74*
                  Freak....................4.76*
                  Promise................4.69*
                  Combat................4.07*
                  Progeny...............3.98*
                  Nemesis..............3.88*

* - Final Rating

Other Shows

Ugly Betty
                  - 9.616 million viewers
                  - 6.8/11 HH
                  - 3.1/9 A18-49

Grey's Anatomy
                  - 20.078 million viewers
                  - 12.9/20 HH
                  - 8.4/21 A18-49

October Road (10:01)
                  - 8.997 million viewers
                  - 6.1/10 HH
                  - 4.1/12 A18-49

Survivor
                  - 13.832 million viewers
                  - 8.1/14 HH
                  - 4.6/14 A18-49

CSI
                  - 20.202 million viewers
                  - 12.3/19 HH
                  - 5.9/15 A18-49

Shark (10:01)
                  - 14.098 million viewers
                  - 9.2/16 HH
                  - 3.8/11 A18-49

My Name is Earl
                  - 7.490 million viewers
                  - 4.8/8 HH
                  - 3.2/10 A18-49

Office
                  - 7.556 million viewers
                  - 4.6/7 HH
                  - 3.9/11 A18-49

30 Rock
                  - 4.723 million viewers
                  - 3.0/5 HH
                  - 2.4/6 A18-49

Scrubs (9:31)
                  - 4.650 million viewers
                  - 3.0/5 HH
                  - 2.3/6 A18-49

ER (10:01)
                  - 9.521 million viewers
                  - 6.2/11 HH
                  - 3.7/10 A18-49

5th Grader
                  - 10.134 million viewers
                  - 6.1/10 HH
                  - 3.5/10 A18-49

Trading Spouses (9:01)
                  - 4.758 million viewers
                  - 3.2/5 HH
                  - 1.9/5 A18-49

Comment

they should be building up things with the zoners and the 33.1 army, but instead they are now going to a filler throwback episode, ratings will fall even more. Lousy timing.

Comment

Whoa lol it even went lower

Comment

Originally posted by NotTodayPete
                        they should be building up things with the zoners and the 33.1 army, but instead they are now going to a filler throwback episode, ratings will fall even more. Lousy timing.
                        Ugh I know right? Geez you'd think they'd want to maintain what little momentum ( if any ) they have leading into the finale. Then they throw an episode like Noir into the mix and it'll bring everything to a hault... Atleast I believe it will. We'll see next week. Then again the ratings may go up slightly, just for the novelty of it all.

Comment

People are watching Smarter than a Fifth Grader. It's new. I think it started during the long, long Smallville break.

Comment

You also have to remember with today's information highway, many tune out and just wait till someone upload it online.

I was actually thinking of not watching and just waited until someone posted it at youtube or something.

I don't blame the epi Promise, actually there are a lot of factors coming into play like what I've mentioned above. Secondly, the 2 long breaks threw people off, then we have the play-offs and not to mention the over saturated shows on tv. More viewers have more choices now. Plus you have to consider the fact that the average life of a show is 5 years and Smallville is going on their 7th. Smallville is not the fresh face anymore and it doesn't help that Smallville has poor marketing strategies. The advert are only on CW and online and occasionally selected publications.

Another factor is CW is a new network and when you move an old show to a new network, expect some fans to disappear. I remember USA Network was considering moving Monk to primetime, imagine the lost of viewership when a big move happens like that. Then we have SV reruns. There are some viewers who have just been exposed to SV and refused to watch any new eppie until they've watched everything from the beginning like my friend who doesn't want to watch any new Heroes until she seen everything from the beginning. Like I said we cannot blame Promise no matter how you may dislike the storyline because there are alot of factors involved. Didn't you ever consider that maybe the viewers were disappointed with Justice hence the decline right after watching it? Look at the peak on Justice after that everything went down.

Sorry for the long post.
                            Last edited by citizenlen; 04-28-2007, 01:10 AM.

Comment

These are all good points but IMHO, the real villain is the scheduling of the episodes. Having 3 episodes and then a break is horrible for expanding and retaining a viewer base. Rabid fans of the show, such as ourselves, will always tune in to watch. But the casual viewer who might end up getting hooked on SV won't be hooked for long when events the following week don't jive with what they saw the week before. They get lost in the storyline and just tune out. That's my opinion. I also agree that weak episodes tend to make all but the rabid fans tune out as well. I think Progeny was a dull and poorly-acted episode and it influenced viewers this week. I too had the feeling that this would be filler material but I was soooooo wrong. This was one of the best SV episodes in years, I believe.

This season overall has been the best in 3 or so years, IMHO. The writing is good, the continuity is better than I've ever seen it in SV, and some of the old plotlines are being tied in to current episodes enough so that things make more sense. If there is a decline overall, a lot has to do with the original fan base (teen drama) moving on (growing up) and passing on SV for other shows that have more appeal to 20 somethings crowds. SV still basically holds sway over teens and Superman fans in this timeslot.

Comment

I loved this episode... I am curious as to why ratings are going down..
                                i know after promise I thought oh deer they are bring back clana...
                                I know that when the rumors of lana dying even my 65 year old father said good she is not needed on the show.. my kids thought the same thing..
                                I go into resturants and over hear people talking about smallville (which is cool) but I hear them saying same thing..
                                but I am curious as to what the real reason is and what the porducers think is the real reason...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎