No announcement yet.

Sylar's "future"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylar's "future"

So Sylar's painting had a bunch of crazy colors and stuff...

any thoughts?

It looked like he was still painting the "original" future but Nathan looked waaaaaaaaaaaay crazy

His artistic ability isn't quite up to standards set by Isaac eh?

Comment

im starting to think that either sylar only gets a bit of peoples power or it takes a while for him to be good at it unlike peter who masters them like right away

Comment

Peter doesn't exactly 'master' them right away(hell, look how long it took him to learn just how to recall the powers he's sponged already), but I see what you mean. It was said by Tim Kring that Sylar's power is the ability to 'learn' and 'understand' just how the mechanics of a certain power work, and to mimic them. It could be that the mimicking of a power like that isn't perfect, whereas Peter was painting just as flawlessly as Isaac did.

OR it could be Bizarro-Nathan!!!

Comment

I have to say I like Sylars painting a lot more than Isaacs.
          It doesn't reflect any artistic ability, I don't think. I mean everything is proportionate, things just look warped, like the odd expression and the very creepy looking claw-like hands. I imagine this is how Sylar sees things, as they are, though warped and unnatural.

I'd hang that in my house.

Comment

Someone said this in another thread;

"It's just how Sylar views the world"

Dont remember who, but how true. When Peter painted the first time he was able to see the world as Isaac, as Sylar sees from a completely different perspective.

Comment

you all r lookin at this too much. the creators said that the only reason isaac painted so good was just because he had talent and that when peter copied his power he could only paint stick figures. stick figures from the future, yes, but still stick figures. so sylars painting has nothing to do with his power and its limits, he just sucks at painting

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoDyslexic
                I have to say I like Sylars painting a lot more than Isaacs.
                It doesn't reflect any artistic ability, I don't think. I mean everything is proportionate, things just look warped, like the odd expression and the very creepy looking claw-like hands. I imagine this is how Sylar sees things, as they are, though warped and unnatural.
                Funny you said that, I was thinking how Tim Burton-esque it appeared in terms of artistic style, and if his movies are anything to go by, it's similar to how he views the world.

Comment

Originally posted by parajay
                  Peter doesn't exactly 'master' them right away(hell, look how long it took him to learn just how to recall the powers he's sponged already), but I see what you mean. It was said by Tim Kring that Sylar's power is the ability to 'learn' and 'understand' just how the mechanics of a certain power work, and to mimic them. It could be that the mimicking of a power like that isn't perfect, whereas Peter was painting just as flawlessly as Isaac did.

OR it could be Bizarro-Nathan!!!
                  LOL - Peter was a bit of a slow learner but he's picking up speed on the learning curve now.

I think that the painting was how Sylar saw things - warped. Whereas Issac was painting how he saw the scene - Sylar is also painting it the way he see it - and his version of the future is a bit darker.

LOL @ Bizarro-Nathan --

Comment

I think it all depends on artistic ability. If you remember when Peter finished the one painting for Isaac, it wasn't nearly as good as Isaac's. Peter and Sylar only use the powers. They don't take all attributes of the person.

Comment

Originally posted by shipgrad2002
                      I think it all depends on artistic ability. If you remember when Peter finished the one painting for Isaac, it wasn't nearly as good as Isaac's. Peter and Sylar only use the powers. They don't take all attributes of the person.
                      I agree - I also kinda felt that the 'future power' would've been better if Sylar had to use it some other way - painting worked for Issac but why would that same outlet work for Sylar?

Comment

Interesting idea, it would make sense.

Comment

What other way could you use that power other than drawing?

Comment

By writing fan fiction stories

Comment

i got 2 possiblities why the painting sucked, either he doesnt get a heroes full power when he takes there power,or is a very slow learner, or its different from issac as he now has the power to change what he sees since all issac was able to do was paint the future sylar can now change it thats why issac choose to die he saw sylar doing good with issacs power? .... and like ive said through the season i still see sylar turning good, theres not enough back story on him or anything. but im probably wrong and just want to see sylar turn good now that linderman seems like hes going to be the central bad guy

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎