No announcement yet.

Heroes in Smallville- a What If tale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes in Smallville- a What If tale

Welcome to Chapter One of my first attempt at fan fiction. This is a complete 'what if' that takes place outside canon but inside the timeline of NBCs' Heroes.

"Thank you send him in," Thompson says, as he waves his secretary away Mr. Bennet enters and asks, "What is this all about, I thought I was being held in custody until you decided you could trust me." "I have an assignment that I need handled and with all that is happening lately my agents are spread thin, it is just a minor recon assignment in a small town in Kansas." Thompson states matter of factly. Bennet questions the timing of this move and asks why he cannot help with the search for his daughter Claire. He is told that he is too emotionally involved with that subject and cannot be trusted to act objectively or in the best interests of the company with regards to Claire and that he should think of this assignment as a tune up to get him back to form because his skills will be needed very soon. "Our data miners have recently discovered a series of articles in the 'Torch', the Smallville High school paper, these articles concern people with abilities, an above average amount for a town this small, we would like you to investigate and report your findings to us as to the threat level of these people." Bennet is then given research materials and tickets for his flight into Metropolis. He will be met by a representative of Luthorcorp and taken to meet with the head of that company as he is well versed in the 'lay of the land' and the people being investigated. Bennet begins to protest the assignment, but thinks better of it and decides to leave straightaway. On his way out he asks, "Please let me know if you find my daughter." Thompson replies,"Of course you will be the first to know." as he picks up his phone to make a call. Once Bennet is gone he dials and then speaks into the secure line, " Candace, assemble a team and head to New York, retrieve the girl and bring her here."..."No, I have removed him from pay on this one he will not get in the way."

Claire still cannot believe that the family she grew up in is not her true family and that her heritage runs deep with all of these new powerful people. Angela, her grandmother, has influence beyond anything Claire knew before. Her biological father Nathan was running for congress and is a very ambitious man. Uncle Peter who she had originally ran away to New York to find because he could do what she could do was now resting due to the fact he overused his gifts in a fight with the same man he saved her from at Homecoming. He told her everything he could about his powers and his brothers' ability to fly and brought her up to speed on the situation in NY. Claire could not understand why she was such an important part in this whole deal but now that she was here she would help any way she could.

Nathan had returned from Las Vegas and his meeting, he had been informed of his daughters' arrival and had gotten on the first flight back to NY. He was to meet his mother and Claire in the city for lunch as soon as he arrived. Now as he stood outside the restaurant trying to catch a glimpse of his daughter and trying to figure what he might say to her, he realized that he was empty handed, he felt he should have a small token for her, so he ran to a gift shop across the street and picked up a small stuffed bear and returned to the restaurant.

Peter woke with a start, he had had another dream, this time it had to do with his new found neice Claire. She was in imminent danger and Peter was the only one who could help. He jumped out of bed, got dressed, and left for the restaurant. He just hoped he would be in time.

"Claire, what's wrong,"asked Angela. "Nothing, it's just that my dad would bring me bears all the time." "I know who raised you and who he works for and you were lucky to have gotten away from him when you did, make no mistake, he would turn you in in a heartbeat if he knew where you were." This made Claire angry and she yelled that no one knew what her father had gone through to keep her a secret from his employers and the sacrifice he had recently made to keep her safe and out of their hands. Claire also said that it was a mistake to have come to NY and she would be better off on her own. Then she began to stormout of the eatery when, all of a sudden a team of four men in black grabbed her and started out the door but not before tossing smoke grenades into the restaurant. Claire tried to scream for help but the words were choked out by the smoke, and she was dragged into the street. Once she was in the open she began to resist, kicking and screaming and throwing punches. Claire was quickly subdued by one of the men who gave her a good whack on the head with a billy club nearly knocking her out after which the four piled onto her to try get her in cuffs and shackles. All of a sudden all four men were tossed aside like so many rag dolls, each thrown about ten feet in the air. When Claire looked up she saw Peter standing over her asking if she was OK and that they needed to leave right away. "But your mom and brother are still inside," Claire said, puzzled. "No, they are not," Peter replied," just look up as we run out of here." Claire looked up in time to see Nathan land on a rooftop from inside the alley next to the restaurant. As Claire and Peter ran into the alley, she felt as though she were running on air, she looked down to her feet and she was. They landed on the rooftop near where Nathan and Angela were waiting. Nathan spoke up first and said that they should head back to the house and regroup. There were many things that needed to be handled now that it appeared that Claires' whereabouts were known and that she was a target.

"Smallville!!!, where the hell is that!" Peter asked annoyed, " and why do I have to go there. Angela replied, " One. it is in Kansas. Two, you were the one that showed your power at lunch rush in the middle of the restaurant district." "Plus," Nathan said," You are the only one who can watch over Claire and keep her from running off again." Claire and Peter were headed to Smallville, Kansas, far enough out of the way where the 'Company' would be looking for them. Once there they would head to a small farm outside of town and call on a small farmer named Jonathan Kent, who was an old acquaintance of Mrs. Petrelli who just so happened to owe her a favor. Even though Angela had not seen Jonathan in many years she felt confident that he would allow them to stay with him and his family until things died down here.

Peter and Claire were to travel by bus and make sure that they were not seen or followed. They were to make no calls home and when it was okay to return they would be notified. They were also to help work the farm for the Kent's and avoid contact with anyone outside of the Kent family. Jonathan had an adopted son who was a couple of years older than Claire who could show them the ropes, and be someone who could keep them company. They were urged to blend in and not draw any attention to themsleves by using their abilities. Nathan would stay behind and continue his campaign as if nothing were wrong and also come up with a story to cover Peters' disappearance. He hated to send off his daughter so soon after they had met but it was vital to keeping her safe from the people who were after her and Peter was the only one he had faith in to keep her safe and sound. They all said their goodbyes and Peter and Claire were off to Smallville.

amazing!!!!!!!! not only was the writing style incredable but the story was wicked awsome. pleez pleez pleez write more.

Comment

Thanks, there will be more as soon as I can

Comment

PPMS!

Comment

great start, PPMS!!

Comment

love it so far, can't wait for more

Comment

ppms

Comment

Post More Soon

Comment

PPMS!!! Please, the story is amazing so far.

Comment

great job more soon please

Comment

Thanks all chapter 2 coming soon

Comment

yay i cant wait to see how clark reacts to peter and claire!and what will the timeline be in the smallville universe?

Comment

Here is chapter 2 everybody and to answer the Smallville timeline question this would take place sometime before Lex acquired Titan's DNA from 'Combat'

Enjoy

Chapter 2

"So, Peter, What is my father really like?, he seems so cold at times." Claire asks as the exit the bus in Smallville. "He is my brother and I'd trust him with my life.", Peter answers. He is a bit unsure of his answer because Nathan has been acting a bit strange lately, but he does want Claire to be part of the family and he believes deep down what he says. "Let's get going, Claire, the farm isn't too far from here", Pete says as they begin walk to the farm. On the way they discuss many things about the Petrelli and Bennet families.
                          As they come up the road to the Kent Farm, Peter stops Claire and points to a field where they see a young man a little older than Claire stacking haybales. This would be a normal occurrence on any farm except that the stacks were now twenty feet high and he was hurling the bales from out in the field. "He can do what we can do!" Claire says, shocked that they would come across someone with powers this far off the beaten path. Peter says," That must be Clark, let's go meet him." As they approach Claire asks,"Do you have that one yet,Peter?"
                          "Super strength? No not yet, I just hope I can handle a new one so soon".
                          Clark sees the two newcomers walking up the drive and wonders just how much they've seen of what he's been doing. He waves and approaches them and says "You must be Peter and Claire, Mom said you were coming." He shakes Peter's hand and says," Let me get you set up in the guest rooms, Lois is away in Metropolis right now so Claire can have her room and Peter can stay in the loft with me". Peter looks at the haybales and asks Clark if he could use a hand stacking them. Clark wonders at this and says, "Thanks but I got it, besides they are kind of heavy". Peter move around Clark and goes to pick up a bale, Clark tries to stop him but Peter picks it up anyway. Startled by the weight of the thing and his inability to do it with the ease that Clark did, Peter drops the bale to the ground. Clark says, "I told you they were heavy." Peter replies confused, "I guess I should've listened."
                          Clark leads them to the barn where he and Peter will share the loft and takes them up, "Be careful, the railing is in need of some repair," he warns just as Claire falls through and hits the ground and breaks her leg. Clark reaches her first and asks if she is okay. He witnesses her pushing the broken bone back into her leg and healing the puncture that the compound fracture had made. He stares in disbelief at her. Claire looks up at him and says,"I guess we all have our secrets don't we". Peter arrives and sees Claire and Clark and asks Claire if she is alright. " You know I am Peter, but Clark saw me heal", she says. "It's only fair that we tell him we saw him and those haybales earlierthen", Peter replies. Clark is taken aback at what Peter said and answers," You saw that?, Is that why you tried to toss a bale yourself?" Peter then tells Clark that since he knows about what Claire do he might as well know what he can do. Peter explains his ability to Clark and says, "One thing I don't get is why I didn't absorb your strength." "Maybe because I am not human", says Clark as he gives them both a wink.
                          Last edited by FUZZYWOOKIEE; 06-09-2007, 04:22 AM.

Comment

great update, keep up the good word and as always ppms

Comment

cool,ppms!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎