Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you hate about "Progeny"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Lex. Bastard! How he could... (Mike was awsome. I really started hate Lex)

Comment

Just caught Progeny today. What a god awful show? Can you believe the dialog? Chloe and Moira, Chloe and Clark, yuck!! The only scene with a decent dialog was Chloe and Lex at the end.

StrippedSmile
      Little Chloe didn't resemble big Chloe very well, but that's not a big deal.
      Actually, I liked little Chloe. I was impressed by the actor who played her. Her delivery sounded so much like our big Chloe.

Comment

I though Moira's power was done terribly. She controls a meteor freak by touching something of that persons. They could of come up with something 10 times better then that.

Comment

Hate? Simple...

Hate the way Chloe treated Clark...

Comment

You mean that she use green meteor or that she treat him like her own army?

Comment

I was very turned off by the latter (how she thinks he is her personal army). I know he wouldn't have gone for it. But then again, it's good to show that she has flaws and why Clark is so special compared to the rest.

Comment

I had to vote for so many of these I thought I'd burn out my mouse!

It felt like a cop out that Moira returned to her catatonic state.

This episode didn't explain anything and only confused Chloe and Moira's backstory.

The lack of continuity. Why was Moira's hair color different, for example?

Why did Clark hesitate before saving Lex? Not at all like Superman.

No Shelby, as usual.

I voted for all of these.

Comment

I don't think I'd classify the beef I had with this ep. as something I'd hate -- only that it's a recurring issue I've had with Clark's character in general and his whole "heroic" evolution in particular.

It's when Clark has that epiphany moment at the end of the episode when he realizes that, yeah, Lex is a threat and it probably means war. I suppose we were all supposed to shudder at that moment because Clark declared war on Lex Luthor.

Unfortunately, Clark has had more than SIX YEARS to witness Lex (and Lionel's) machinations and it took Lex's par-for-the-course threat against Chloe to wake him up and realize that Lex is a danger and must be stopped? Naturally, Lana Luthor (aka Lang ) is the excuse for him to hold back once again. I had the same feeling when he declared to Martha that he's not going to run from his destiny any longer. Hello -- Jor-El's been prodding you towards it for years? No wonder Raya was disgusted when he told her he hadn't started his training. He's the johnny-come-lately of sticking with the hero-training program. How much more of his soul does he have to search to figure it all out?

He's become little more than a bloodhound/muscle for one of the few people to actually take the initiative, which is Chloe. Let the woman rest her mind - she can't be expected to think/plan/act for Clark all the time. When's the 'greatest superhero ever' going to earn that moniker? I think that after six years of Clark finding his way towards his destiny (or should I say "stumbling"?), he should step up to the plate. Lana's going to let her sham marriage to Lex be the death of her to protect him ... and he's not quite prepared to declare open, unrestricted war on Lex just yet?

In this ep., it's not entirely his fault because this was needed to establish some closure for Chloe and her mom, hence his secondary "go-stop-the-bad-guys, Clarkie" role. The irony is that this is his role even in episodes when he should be front and centre. Let Kal-El think.

On another note, I noticed another seed of discontent that could emerge between Chloe and Jimmy, something about Clark having the chance to meet Moira but Jimmy either not having the chance (or being given the chance)? I don't know if it'll come up on-screen, but how would Jimmy react if he found out that it was Clark -not him - that actually had that opportunity?

The episode was entertaining -- except for that supposedly dramatc moment when Clark declared "war" on Lex ... finally ... at long last. Welcome to the party, Clark, but Ollie Queen's been here for a year and he's fighting that battle as we speak, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                    I don't think I'd classify the beef I had with this ep. as something I'd hate -- only that it's a recurring issue I've had with Clark's character in general and his whole "heroic" evolution in particular.

It's when Clark has that epiphany moment at the end of the episode when he realizes that, yeah, Lex is a threat and it probably means war. I suppose we were all supposed to shudder at that moment because Clark declared war on Lex Luthor.

Unfortunately, Clark has had more than SIX YEARS to witness Lex (and Lionel's) machinations and it took Lex's par-for-the-course threat against Chloe to wake him up and realize that Lex is a danger and must be stopped? Naturally, Lana Luthor (aka Lang ) is the excuse for him to hold back once again. I had the same feeling when he declared to Martha that he's not going to run from his destiny any longer. Hello -- Jor-El's been prodding you towards it for years? No wonder Raya was disgusted when he told her he hadn't started his training. He's the johnny-come-lately of sticking with the hero-training program. How much more of his soul does he have to search to figure it all out?

He's become little more than a bloodhound/muscle for one of the few people to actually take the initiative, which is Chloe. Let the woman rest her mind - she can't be expected to think/plan/act for Clark all the time. When's the 'greatest superhero ever' going to earn that moniker? I think that after six years of Clark finding his way towards his destiny (or should I say "stumbling"?), he should step up to the plate. Lana's going to let her sham marriage to Lex be the death of her to protect him ... and he's not quite prepared to declare open, unrestricted war on Lex just yet?

In this ep., it's not entirely his fault because this was needed to establish some closure for Chloe and her mom, hence his secondary "go-stop-the-bad-guys, Clarkie" role. The irony is that this is his role even in episodes when he should be front and centre. Let Kal-El think.

On another note, I noticed another seed of discontent that could emerge between Chloe and Jimmy, something about Clark having the chance to meet Moira but Jimmy either not having the chance (or being given the chance)? I don't know if it'll come up on-screen, but how would Jimmy react if he found out that it was Clark -not him - that actually had that opportunity?

The episode was entertaining -- except for that supposedly dramatc moment when Clark declared "war" on Lex ... finally ... at long last. Welcome to the party, Clark, but Ollie Queen's been here for a year and he's fighting that battle as we speak, thank you very much.
                    Indeed, didn't Oliver say much the same thing before to Clark?
                    The writers do like to stretch things out a bit.

Comment

I need a sheep with a speech impediment. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        The thing I hated most about this episode was its subject matter. Since episode 601 (Zod), only Reunion & Rage showed Lionel reading Kryptonian symbols. But since Zod, nothing other than he could read these symbols has been revealed. When is something going to be shown about the most interesting arc of the season? 17 episodes later, and we still have not even a single lead on what he's up to.
                        If its okay I have a theory .

I think Lionel is using his new kryptonian knowledge mixed with his cloning technology from S2,some of Clark's blood from S3,or maybe the silver k blood sample Braniac got from Clark in S5 to create Bizarro.

But hey just a theory .

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                          I was very turned off by the latter (how she thinks he is her personal army). I know he wouldn't have gone for it. But then again, it's good to show that she has flaws and why Clark is so special compared to the rest.
                          I disliked the personal army thing as well!

Mind you, I hated the kryptonite part, but that wasn't really Chloe's fault. Her attitude towards Clark is though.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl
                            I actually didn't like the Lana scene...strangley enough, I felt bad for her! haha. That doctor had some nerve..she just lost her baby, and he shouldn't have assumed it was something she did. He just ripped her a new one....uncalled for.

i also wish there was more time between Chloe and her mom...not the last few minutes. And...it drove me CRAZY not knowing what exactly Clark said to Chloe's mom about her! haha
                            Gold-Diggers do exist, and women do what Lex did more than men.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎