No announcement yet.

Used at her disposal...poor Clark.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nospam
    It was a figure of speech. Besides, how many times has Clark simply used Chloe in the past for his own purposes?

They're friends. A team. They trust each other. Do you really think Clark would begrudge helping Chloe, especially regarding the condition of her mother? Besides, Chloe has been helping the JLA and Oliver as Watchtower. You think he wouldn't help either?

Let's get real here.
    *Does a Supernatural impression with Papa Winchester from season 1 finale... in deep low demon-posessed voice*

"To wrongs. Don't make a right."
    --------------

I think Clark really owed her some help in return after all she's done for him.

Comment

well, I hardly seem needed so I'll just say this;

When Clark lowered his head it was probably out of respect, becuse he (and everyone else) knew that these were the last sane moments (for some reason that sounds like a song title,.) chloe was going to have with her mother.

And your right, Lana would have gotten a lot of crap for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
        well, I hardly seem needed so I'll just say this;

When Clark lowered his head it was probably out of respect, becuse he (and everyone else) knew that these were the last sane moments (for some reason that sounds like a song title,.) chloe was going to have with her mother.

And your right, Lana would have gotten a lot of crap for this.
        I haven't seen the episode yet, but the way you described it as if Clark was at a funeral or something

Comment

Chloe was just trying to assure her mom that she had the resources to fight Lex. She wasn't dissing Clark in any way and Clark didn't seem to mind. He looked down after she said the line not because of what she said but because he knew there was nothing he could do to help her mother.

Comment

It was a figure of speech. Besides, how many times has Clark simply used Chloe in the past for his own purposes?

They're friends. A team. They trust each other. Do you really think Clark would begrudge helping Chloe, especially regarding the condition of her mother? Besides, Chloe has been helping the JLA and Oliver as Watchtower. You think he wouldn't help either?

Let's get real here.
            I agree. . .It wasn't meant as an insult. . .she was talking about the JL and Clark as a WHOLE, meaning that they could help her, that's all

Originally posted by Absentee
            Awful line.

But either way, she said it and I'm sure there's a reason WHY she said it. Sorry but Superman doesn't need a sidekick....

I've always said it, you want to see Clark move on from Lana? Well, the day you'll see that is the day Chloe no longer becomes Clark's crutch. Both girls are stopping him from becoming the man he's "supposed" to be.

One has his heart, the other his balls. Remove the two and you get Superman. MMMMK.
            Sorry, but I disagree. . .I mean, I agree that Lana holds Clark back, BUT CHLOE doesn't. . .She helps him and is an invaluable asset to him. . .Clark is learning on his own how to become super; Chloe is just helping him to realize his potential. . .She has never held him back; instead, she has always been the one to ENCOURAGE him to embrace his heroism and destiny. . .Chloe DOES NOT HOLD CLARK BACK
            Last edited by chlark=destiny; 04-20-2007, 12:12 AM.

Comment

If it wasn't for Chloe, Clark would be sitting in the barn throwing a tennis ball against the wall. She has helped him more than anybody including his father

With what was going on Im surprised Chloe didn't make more of a deal about it. She was basically losing her mom again. If it was my family I would do just about anything to save them. Thats what Chloe was saying, that she had help to save her mom

Comment

Originally posted by D.M.A.
                I wouldn't say that,JK and Pete have done similar things while possess and there was no one to blame.Clark understood this as well,plus chloe doesn't even remember doin this to him.And clark himself before it happens knows moira was tryin to control chloe,he forgives.I wouldn't have blame lana or anyone if in the same situation cause she'd have no control over it.She'd be doin what she was told which was gettin out of town,and the only way to get past clark(Espcially wit him superspeedin in the way)is takin him down.She apologizes no less unlike jk or pete when they do it,so its obvious she's jus followin orders.I dont blame her nor would I blame lana if she did the same
                You know, Chloe apologizing is one of the things that bother me in the scene. She was controlled, yes, but her apology proves that she knew she was doing something that was dangerous to Clark. She coldly left him there to, potentially, die. Clark being Clark understands and forgives but Chloe's attack certainly has to be upsetting to him. It shows, once again, that he can't trust anyone with his secret, that even his best friends: Chloe, Pete, could use that knowledge eventually against him, under certain circumstances. It was not a matter or just locking someone in a room or even knocking them out for a while: to disable Clark, Chloe endangered Clark's life and her apology proves that she knew it. Mind control or not, that's unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                  I think it's obvious who's really the sidekick. Clark works for Chloe.
                  No surprise really!

Comment

this reminded me of VELOCITY pete demanded that clark slip on a red-k ring to help pete break sum ATM's so that pete could payoff the ppl that were threatenin him for money if pete didnt pay the money the ppl were gonna kill petes family 1st! then go after pete, so ppls lives were on the line but pete still cast up about all the times hes helped clark break into places without carin of the consequences all bcos he was helping clark do the right thing

chloes mother wasnt gonna die no1 was threatening to kill chloe or her mohter wen she made that passive comment

it was still annoyin that she would say that as wot did she expect 24/7-52 week drug stealing from clark the drug only kept her mother stable for 24 hours clark said that to chloe

Comment

I rarely enjoyed the Chlark interaction LESS than in this episode....
                      I miss S1-S5 Chloe.

Comment

I think that Chloe was refusing to believe that her mother was going back into her catatonic state. She was desperate and trying everything,Chloe even mentioned making a deal with Lex(first I think). I think that Clark put his head down because he knew that it was hopeless,that nothing was going to bring Moira back and Chloe had to accept it.
                        Don't forget when Chloe was being controlled she also punched the nurse,beat up a security guard,drove Lex off the road then knocked him out, and shot at Lex. Her mom told her to leave Smallville as fast as she could Chloe obayed that order and when Clark tried to stop her she reacted in the same style as when the nurse tried to stop her,then later the security guards and Lex.I think it was when someone got in her way to stop her she reacted violently.Now if she was in her right mind it would be a whole other story,but I don't hold anybodies reactions against them when they are being controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by redraven
                          Oh I know Chloe was under her mom's control, but if it was Lana...I could only imagine the uproar.

I remember a while ago people were mad about the part in 'Magnetic' when Lana was holding a gun to Clark. Which is why I even brought up the whole thing.
                          Well, in Magnetic she was influenced by him, but not wholly under his control. He was hard to resist but not impossible.

Comment

Let's get real here.
                            Exactly. She's been his source for tons of info.

This is friendship. It was just an indirect way for Chloe to say that she (through Clark) could help her Mom, and that Mom didn't have to give up.
                            Last edited by Liriel; 04-20-2007, 08:08 AM.

Comment

No, it wasn't. Not only do they both use each other's skills when needed but they are very close. I didn't think Clark was unhappy at that description. She didn't mean it in the sense that Clark is a thing. She meant that Clark is amazing and he'd help her if she needed him.

Comment

Re: Used at her disposal...poor Clark.

Originally posted by Kreukie
                                Was it me or did Chloe described Clark as a resource she uses at her disposal?

Clark's head even dropped when she said that... poor guy.
                                I loved that she said that! It balances them out. Clark has used Chloe lots of times... It's nice to see that the both consider the other a valuable resource.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎