Used at her disposal...poor Clark.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Point !

Comment

• I thought it was nice that she felt that she had someone to go to when she needed help. Maybe she should have used a better choice of words than resource at her disposal, but she meant well.

Comment

• I'm astonished that people are taking Choloe's word choice so negatively. I thought it was pretty obvious that before the scene began, Clark had already had a conversation with Moira about her condition, knew of her decision to NOT go after more of the drug because of the risk to others, agreed with the decision in principle but was sad because he knew how this would hurt Chloe, knew time was running out and thus filled Moira in with the Chloe Sullivan bio. Then Chloe shows up and he warns her there's a problem and stands back to give Chloe her last few moments with her mother. His reaction to Chloe's comment is SORROW that despite all his amazing resources, there is nothing he can do to help. Nothing but be there for her as a friend, which he does.

Comment

• Nicely put Jlvsclrk

Comment

• I think she was desperate. I think for a split second clark was uncomfortable with her wording, probably got a flashback of when Pete got him to "use" his powers to get outta that car racing jam he was in. But Clarks done and said some desperate things to protect his parents and others he loves, so I truly think he empathized with her

Comment

• Chloe wasn't asking Clark to get her out of a jam! She was asking him to save her mother if he could. Big difference.

Comment

• Naw it was basically the same kind of thing. That guy pete was mixed up with was threatening to hurt/kill him and his family. His desperation was along the same line as Chloe's and perhaps worse. The scenarios are obviously not identical in that Pete's problem was his own damn fault, but them being identical is not the point.

My point is that Clarks friends using his powers to solve their problems makes him a little uneasy as i think it would anybody. It's assuming that because of their friendship they can ask him to use his power without any questions. Everytime Clark displays his powers and especially anywhere around Lex he runs the risk of realizing his worst nightmare and that's a huge burden for him to carry. It's a possibilty that, in theory (cuz lord knows he doesn't seem to think at all sometimes), he has to weigh everytime he breaks down a door or blows something up. His friends loosing sight of whats really at stake when he uses his power is probably an underlying fear he has when it comes to them knowing his secret. And I would think when quotes like, "I have some amazing resources at my disposal"comes out of his friends mouth while looking at him, that fear might be stirred just a bit regardless of the circumstances. Now how he reacts does depend on the circumstances. Like in the end I think he would totally help Chloe however he could and be completely understanding. But with Pete, that bs was his fault and we saw how even though Clark did help him he was really mad at him
                Last edited by SlickBlonde; 04-26-2007, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• this wasn't a problem caused by chloe doing illegal activities, and that makes this COMPLETELY different...

Comment

• Originally posted by meteor_phreak
                    this wasn't a problem caused by chloe doing illegal activities, and that makes this COMPLETELY different...
                    Wow, you totally missed my point on this. Again:

His friends loosing sight of whats really at stake when he uses his power is probably an underlying fear he has when it comes to them knowing his secret. And I would think when quotes like, "I have some amazing resources at my disposal" comes out of his friends mouth while looking at him, that fear might be stirred just a bit regardless of the circumstances. How that doesn't make sense I don't know.

Now how he reacts does depend on the circumstances. Like in the end I think he would totally help Chloe however he could and be completely understanding. But with Pete, that bs was his fault and we saw how even though Clark did help him he was really mad at him. Emphasis on: he would NOT be mad at chloe because it wasn't her fault.

Let me break it down further for you. There are two phenomena I'm discussing here. 1: Clarks fears and what stirs them 2: when he's willing to risk realizing his fears to help his friends.

1: Clark has a fear of his friends taking advantage of his power. Loosing sight of the burden that it is for him. Assuming that because he is a friend, if its important enough he should do what they want/need when they ask, without considering the potential consequence to him. If you will, notice this is not contigent on circumstance.

2: when the mess/problem is of no fault of the friends, Clark won't have any problem helping. Notice that this IS contingent on circumstance

Now, because of 1, Chloe's statement made him a little uneasy.

Because of 2, Clark would happily take that risk and help with complete empathy.

I don't know how to make my point any plainer than that. The fact of the matter is, because of 1, both friends, CHLOE and PETE, assuming he'll use his powers to solve their problems, would understandibly make him uneasy. What he does about it, and how the circumstances influence his action thereafter is a totally seperate issue. An issue we all agree on: because it wasn't Chloe's fault, Clark would not blame her, be mad at her and would gladly help her. I'm using what's called critical thinking, very useful tool apparently both on message boards and in life.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎