Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wars about to begin! (merged)/Lex Wars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark has known that Lex is doing evil stuff for quite some time. What changed is that Lex now has something on Chloe. So, Chloe is no longer safe. Clark has to take down Lex in order to protect Chloe. Of course, Lana also has to be protected.

Just how does Clark intend to take down Lex? He would probably like to get enough evidence to send Lex to jail for good. So, he really needs to work with Oliver. But Oliver pretty much believes that Lex is beyond the reach of the law, and that vigilante action is justified. We know that Lex will never be caught ( he is the villian in the show), so in that sense, Oliver is right.

So, Clark's war will mean dealing with individual threats that Lex creates, and therefore opposing his efforts. But it will be a losing battle. Oliver should build a private prison for Lex, or Clark should banish Lex to the phantom zone. Either option would be completely just (because Lex is guilty), but of course neither is going to happen.

Comment

Well Lex will be sitting on top of the world when Clark comes back as Superman.

It's not even a guess as to who will win in the end.

Super Lionel!

Comment

Actually, in STM1, Lex Luthor had recently gotten out of prison when CK shows up in Metropolis, didn't he? That is where he met Otis, I thought. So next season could end with Lex going to prison and CK going to his training.

Comment

The war has already begun.

Clark is a Pepsi guy and Lex is all about the Coke.

Spit balls at 10 paces !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49
            Actually, in STM1, Lex Luthor had recently gotten out of prison when CK shows up in Metropolis, didn't he? That is where he met Otis, I thought. So next season could end with Lex going to prison and CK going to his training.
            True. I'm hoping they are trying to give this Lex more of a vibe of the one from Lois & Clark. That Lex held the cards in pretty much everything.

Comment

"If u watched the preview to Nemesis, you'll see that Lex was walking away from Clark as Clark was yellin for him. Theres no way Clark saves Lex, Lex was gonna leave him to die. Atleast thats what I got out of the preview."

True, but even though Lex probably won't save Clark, Clark will still end up saving Lex. That's just who Superman is. He saves everyone, despite how evil they are. Batman will not kill, like Superman, but he also doesn't feel obligated to save everyone, as shown in "Batman Begins". But our future Superman just can't leave Lex to die. It's not who he is.

I'm hoping Lex will see how much of a better man Clark is in this episode, and feel some remorse for everything he's done to him. Maybe he'd even try to thank him for saving his life, but Clark would just walk away, and Lex would feel, for just a moment, that old feeling of uncertainty and guilt that he always used to feel, once upon a time.

Comment

Sounded to me like Chloe needed to be protected and Clark was going to do it, but Chloe reminded him about Lana and he acknowledged that they would have to make sure she was safe, but that a showdown was coming.

Loved the fact that this time he thought of Chloe first and foremost. Chloe being threatened really made him mad and he was willing to act on it, still is, but he knows he needs to be intelligent about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MozartRequiem

I'm hoping Lex will see how much of a better man Clark is in this episode, and feel some remorse for everything he's done to him. Maybe he'd even try to thank him for saving his life, but Clark would just walk away, and Lex would feel, for just a moment, that old feeling of uncertainty and guilt that he always used to feel, once upon a time.
                  lol, I doubt it. Have u seen how evil Lex has become in the past few episodes? Lex would never thank Clark. And Im not sure how Clark is gonna end up saving Lex seeing how Clark is the one who is in trouble with all the meteor rocks and Lex is up and walkion around. But I guess we'll wait and see.

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see the relationship after Nemesis because Lex leaves Clark. I wonder how that is going to affect Clark.

Comment

Why can't Lex go to jail?

Originally posted by wallyK
                      We know that Lex will never be caught ( he is the villian in the show), so in that sense, Oliver is right.
                      Why not? Lionel went to prison for patricide and his power remained. In the comic books Luthor is a mastermind. I even seem to recall certain times when Luther was happy to be in prison because he felt it protected him from enemies.

Oh it would be so tragically sweet....

They get the proof to put Lex in jail. Lionel pretends to be ok with this. Then Lex escapes prison and creates his first "evil lair" but in doing so he convinces everyone is dead. In retribution for the death of his son Lional goes cracky and has Lana and Chloe killed. Then in the last goodish action of his life Lex kills his father (and lets throw Ma in there too for good measure) with his bare hands in retribution for killing the woman that he loves (despite being betrayed).

Everything ends with the now totally shellshocked and stoic Lois and Clark recapturing Lex. Lois writes the expose that makes her career, and Clark says goodbye to Smallville.. forever.

Thats assuming "the end of the world" as of the end of the seventh season.

I can't imagine a way to pull this out much longer without breaking the cape and flying rules. On the flipside I wouldn't put it past them to break those rules for .. one .. last .. season .. with Clark becoming superman in the 8th season. Clark in the cape.. probably have batman in that season too.

Maybe the Superman suite will turn out to be some form of Kryptonian body armor?

Insomuch as "the war" maybe it metaphore - or maybe all those meteor freaks that got "rescued" by Ollie were also getting recruited. Its not like Ollie has always been written as the infallible hero. He has been known to "go overboard" in the comics.

Comment

Re: War

Originally posted by Dark Knight23
                        The war is about to begin.... What did Clark mean by this. How is he going to war with Lex when he has to save Lex in the next episode. Or does something transpire in the cave that makes him go after Lex more. Thoughts?
                        He's obviously talking about going toe to toe with Lex but I highly doubt it. If he really wanted to do the right thing he'd simply catch a movie instead of saving Lex. Lana and all others would be safe. But no. This makes way too much sense. We are gonna have Clark giving Lex mean looks and stuff but that's gonna be the extent of this war he speaks of. Sometimes the ends do justify the means. So everyone let's all sit back and watch as Clark frustrates us even more in the next episode....

Originally posted by Atomic girl
                        Sounded to me like Chloe needed to be protected and Clark was going to do it, but Chloe reminded him about Lana and he acknowledged that they would have to make sure she was safe, but that a showdown was coming.

Loved the fact that this time he thought of Chloe first and foremost. Chloe being threatened really made him mad and he was willing to act on it, still is, but he knows he needs to be intelligent about it.
                        To act on it? What do you think he was gonna do? He was gonna do nothing as always. Give Lex a nasty look and tell him he's a bad guy. He'll never treat Lex like a whoe who owes him money. Make no mistake. He's not being "intelligent" about it. He's being a big puss about it. Kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and a friend woudl always have me hold him back as he pretended to want to beat up some guy. Clark is all show when it comes to the REAL badguy types like Lex.
                        Last edited by norman619; 04-22-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I was thinking that it would be pretty great if S7 were devoted to taking down Lex Luthor. And that the reason that he's not in S8 is because he's in jail. Because of Clark, Chloe and Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarksGal
                            I was thinking that it would be pretty great if S7 were devoted to taking down Lex Luthor. And that the reason that he's not in S8 is because he's in jail. Because of Clark, Chloe and Lois.
                            That would be an amazing way for Smallville to end, I will be extremely eager to watch S7. Haven't gotten there just yet

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎